Feb 9 Friendly - N Ireland v Canada POST-match [R]

DJT

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by juaninho

No,no, canso, this one's good.

Yeah, calling The Beaver a twat is very funny. (I'm serious. No sarcasm intended at all.)

Yes, I know that Canso is a bit ascerbic in his delivery, and like I said earlier in this thread, I know NOW where he comes from and rather enjoy what he has to offer. He's sort of like Cheeta with a healthy dollop of Krammerhead. (O, Krammerhead, where art thou?)

As for being a little bit condescending to Canso: Yes, it was a useful but juvenile tool. I admit. But it goes both ways, amigo. Cheaply dismissing me and a few of my earlier points as "politically correct" smacks of something rather unkind, perhaps not condescension, but something dam.ned close. If you know me--and there is plenty evidence of this in my posts--I am not some footsoldier for the "political correctness" movement. Not even remotely. Next time we exchange beers, you and I can sort out the distinction. Or, even better, we can down a few more pints and shout on our team, and hurl playful abuse at the fans of our opponents.

Juaninho, where've you been?

quote:Originally posted by canso

Tell you what, reverse the charges on those beers. Next round's on me!

Hold on there canso. I don't mean to sound like your conscience, nor like the Beav's forensic accountant salivating over a beer audit, but just how much beer does the Beav owe?

sub4_ALBUM_IMAGE_9.jpg

quote:Originally posted by The Beaver

Juaninho, where've you been?

Ummm. Yeah. Well the holidays kept me away. Not much going on right now to write about, vis-a-vis Canada and the soccer scene.

Was it not David Byrne who mused in 'Psycho Killer' that "when i have nothing to say, my lips are sealed. Say something once, why say it again?" So yeah, that's been kind of my ethos of late. Not the psycho killing, but rather the silence.

Archived