Northern Ireland Squad

OWC1982

Hi guys. Hope you dont mind me temporarily invading your forum? Feel free to do the same with ours. www.ourweecountry.ipbhost.com

Anyway heres the NI squad in case you were interested. Feel free to ask any questions etc. Also for anyone who is going to the match, give me a shout if you fancy meeting up with some of us lot for pre/post game beers.

Goalkeepers

Roy Carroll - (Manchester United) - English Prem

Maik Taylor - (Birmingham City) - English Prem

Defenders

George McCartney - (Sunderland) - English Champ

Tony Capaldi - (Plymouth Argyle) - English Champ

Stephen Craigan - (Motherwell) - Scottish Prem

Colin Murdock - (Crewe Alexandra) - English Champ

Aaron Hughes - (Newcastle United) - English Prem

Mark Clyde - (Wolverhampton Wanderers) - English Champ

Chris Baird - (Southampton) - English Prem

Mark Williams - (M K Dons) - English L1

Midfielders

Keith Gillespie - (Leicester City) - English Champ

Jeff Whitley - (Sunderland) - English Champ

Philip Mulryne - (Norwich City) - English Prem

Steve Davis - (Aston Villa) - English Prem

Tommy Doherty - (Bristol City) - English L1

Damian Johnson -(Birmingham City) - English Prem

Forwards

David Healy - (Leeds United) -Eng Champ

Andrew Smith - (Preston North End) -Eng Champ

Andrew Kirk - (Boston United) -Eng L2

Steve Jones - (Crewe Alexandra) -Eng Champ

What? No Kevin Braniff? We should be okay then. In Football Manager, he's almost single-handedly brought my Exeter City to the EPL! Then again, Canada is hosting the 2014 WC, and South Africa are the holders. :D

I'm working on a little song that may or may not need some work if there are any song-writers out there:

"Craig Forrest! may only have one ball,

But Roy Carroll, he's got none at all..."

Good luck Irish.

quote:Originally posted by youllneverwalkalone

I'm working on a little song that may or may not need some work if there are any song-writers out there:

Good luck Irish.

hahahha..nice chant!...and it`s true that Carroll is just brutal!!..

quote:Originally posted by fza

hahahha..nice chant!...and it`s true that Carroll is just brutal!!..

:DVery good. It's pretty unlikely that Roy Carroll will start though as Maik Taylor is Northern Irelands 1st choice keeper. However I have heard a rumour that big Roy might play the 2nd half considering it is just a friendly.

quote:Originally posted by Andrew W

Cripes he should have been knighted for that challenge alone.

:D Ill second that. :D But anyway to answer the original question. Both Michael Hughes and James Quinn, who would usually start for us are suspended for the match against England. They are elligible to play against you, but as this match is our last game before we play England Lawrie Sanchez (NI manager) wants to concentrate on preparing his team for that game and has therefore left them out of this squad.

quote:Originally posted by Andrew W

What about Healy for his overexhuberant goal celebration? I thought he was sent off for that?

Healy got a yellow for kicking the flag and another yellow a second later for the arm gesture. Therefore it wasn't a straight red and he was only given a one match suspension which he served by missing the WCQ against Azerbaijan.

quote:Originally posted by Desigol

I used to work in the Child Support Agency (The other CSA :D) and the Lads at work thought Gary Hamilton of Portadown would do a Better job than Andy Smith. What are your views OWC1982?

I think they are fairly similar in terms of ability. Gary Hamilton is bound to be signed by a better club eventually. In terms of who I think would do better on Wednesday then I reckon Gary Hamilton had a case to be in the squad ahead of Andy Smith considering Andy has only played 8 mins of 1st team football in the last 2 months as he has just recovered from surgery. In saying that though Andy Smith was a prolific goal scorer before his move to Preston and if he could just score then it would do his confidence a world of good and hopefully he could get his old form back and kick start his Preston career properly. Whether or not he can score against Canada on Wednesday is another matter altogether.

i saw him play for our under 21 side last night when we beat scotland 2-1 & he played well .

quote:Originally posted by youllneverwalkalone

What? No Kevin Braniff? We should be okay then. In Football Manager, he's almost single-handedly brought my Exeter City to the EPL! Then again, Canada is hosting the 2014 WC, and South Africa are the holders. :D

Good luck Irish.

Archived