Vancouver pre season friendly v Sunderland?

scottcross

Hi im new to this forum, is there any Vancouver White Caps fans out there who can confirm if my team Sunderland is playing a friendly game across there in july. Have tried to get confirmation and date of fixture at my club,but no luck yet.need to know a.s.p. to arrange flights and accom.

Wow, that'd be allright, except that I'm a Magpie!!!:D

It'd be great to have a big club like that. Even DC would be a nice club to see.

They had success last season with both Hearts and Millwall coming over to play, and both clubs had positive experiences. I know at the time, they said they wanted to make it an annual thing again, much like they did in the NASL days.

I hope we can get more info.

RJB - you are right that Millwall and Hearts came ver last year, but the Whitecaps weren't involved. That was the BCSA that arranged the series. It may have cost the BCSA some money but it raised the game a bit, especiallly for Brittish and Scottish fans. Hopefully the Caps will do something this summer, but the cost may be an obstacle.

quote:Originally posted by Jarrek

Whatever happened to the Toronto Lynx playing a friendly each year with international opposition? Nice to see the Whitecaps are doing it.

Two years ago Olympiakos had all but signed on to play the Lynx, however they pulled out after the SARS crises broke.

quote:Originally posted by Jarrek

Whatever happened to the Toronto Lynx playing a friendly each year with international opposition? Nice to see the Whitecaps are doing it.

1860 Munich went back and told all of UEFA to save face and skip on friendlies with Toronto so as not to lose. :) That's how I remember it, at least.

quote:Originally posted by Varsity Tyler

1860 Munich went back and told all of UEFA to save face and skip on friendlies with Toronto so as not to lose. :) That's how I remember it, at least.

Given their rather hung-over state that day, I'm surprised *they* even remember it. :)

Archived