Big JDV Canada career over?

shaku_bert

quote:I'll never forget that goal against Honduras, and the way he was robbed. Still makes me get all...choked up...sob...talk amongst yourselves...

To me the moment I will never forget I think was also against Honduras (Maybe?) some time ago. Him and Fletcher went to challenge a header, collided heads. JDV had blood all over his shirt from a gash and couldn't wait to get back on the field. First play runs up field to take a possible header on a free kick situation. To me that moment sticks out as pretty much saying exactly what kind of key player he is for the nats.

quote:Originally posted by gwallace76

To me the moment I will never forget I think was also against Honduras (Maybe?) some time ago. Him and Fletcher went to challenge a header, collided heads. JDV had blood all over his shirt from a gash and couldn't wait to get back on the field. First play runs up field to take a possible header on a free kick situation. To me that moment sticks out as pretty much saying exactly what kind of key player he is for the nats.

I think that was against Cuba.

I'm going to post him a letter. He's been a good and loyal soldier over the years and endured too much while wearing the red shirt to not be frustrated beyond words.

Right now, things as they are in Ipswich and at his age a sabatical from national team duties, all national team duties, is the very least we can offer in the way of returning support.

I don't want to see him in Portugal. I don't want to see him in the Gold Cup this summer. And I certainly don't want to see him on the field of play in a Canada kit at anytime in 2005/2006.

After that who knows? If he never pulls on the Maple Leaf again that'll be fine, he's more than done his share. But wouldn't it be grand it see the big man with 40 or 50 Premiership matchs under his belt and an FA Cup winners medal prowling our back line under the tactical program of Dale Mitchel during the Gold Cup group play in Montreal? His batteries recharged and hungry for international play. Now who's dreaming.

Thanks Mr. de Vos. You're a grand fellow who we'll all be talking about fondly for many more years to come.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Nah, GC 2002 against Ecuador, I believe.

He also scored our GC-winning goal!

Yep Daniel's right. The Ecuador game in GC2002 was where his head

collided (with Watson?)and got bloodied. The stupid ref didn't want him on the pitch because of the bloodied bandage wrap. It was a pretty

bad game with Aguinagua diving everywhere and the ref falling for it.

A poor foul called on Stalteri gave them a penalty in extra time,

and eventually causing a 3-way tie with Haiti. But as "lotteries" go,

you know the story. ;)

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Nah, GC 2002 against Ecuador, I believe.

He also scored our GC-winning goal!

Yep Daniel's right. The Ecuador game in GC2002 was where his head

collided (with Watson?)and got bloodied. The stupid ref didn't want him on the pitch because of the bloodied bandage wrap. It was a pretty

bad game with Aguinagua diving everywhere and the ref falling for it.

A poor foul called on Stalteri gave them a penalty in extra time,

and eventually causing a 3-way tie with Haiti. But as "lotteries" go,

you know the story. ;)

I think Radz was pretty much done anyways, I remember reading an article on him last year that he wanted to take a shot at playing in a World Cup so he committed to the national team, now that the chance is gone I'm sure we'll see him just focus on his club career. I highly doubt he has any interest in playing in the Gold Cup or upcoming national team friendlies, and would be shocked if I see his name listed in the team. I think its better off we give the playing time to our young strikers anyways such as Occean, DeRo and Hume who will be our key strikers in the next World Cup run.

I think Radz was pretty much done anyways, I remember reading an article on him last year that he wanted to take a shot at playing in a World Cup so he committed to the national team, now that the chance is gone I'm sure we'll see him just focus on his club career. I highly doubt he has any interest in playing in the Gold Cup or upcoming national team friendlies, and would be shocked if I see his name listed in the team. I think its better off we give the playing time to our young strikers anyways such as Occean, DeRo and Hume who will be our key strikers in the next World Cup run.

Archived