The "argh" Memorial One-Line Rant Thread (R)

beachesl

In order to accomodate those that like the one-line rant stuff on sundry topics, here is a thread that we can use so we don't overdo the number of threads. It can be disconcerting tfor those who just pop in occaisionally to sort out what they are looking for if they find that there have been dozens of threads opened since the last time they checked. It can be ON ANY TOPIC FOOTBALL OR OTHERWISE.

I only ask that it is kept clean, as we are a family-oriented forum and want all ages to have readt access here without incurring trouble.

Cheers!:)

Hmmmmmmm, ahhhhhhhhh, ohhhhhhhhhhh.......is someone trying to tell me something? Kinda like shut the eff up you talk too much?

Well it's never worked before. So I see no reason for it work now.Mouth first think 2nd has been my motto [}:)]

Or is that paranoid delusional bi-polar alcoholic rage thing kickin' in again.[:P]

To quote Steve Martin "I'm a somebody !. [:o)]

Above note brought to you by: Sarcasm International.

Oh yeah the point of this post. Maybe you should sticky this thread so it doesn't get lost or forgotten and give us some general guidelines for it's purpose. I'm not sure what one-line rant means to you?

EDIT: Why has the proliferation of threads become such a big issue lately and why should we care?

quote:Originally posted by Loud Mouth Soup

What is it about me that is so unemployable, you ****s? The university degree, the college certificate, the years of work experience? The outgoing personality?

This reminds me of the old joke about geting a job in Cape Breton.

WARNING: Non politically correct!

You've got to be a Jewish, Black guy by the name of Tonto LeBlanc.

Or the old standard......it's not who know......it's who you blow!

apologies to those offended ;)

quote:Originally posted by frostman

Why do people say "I could care less" when what they are trying to express is that they "could'nt care less." That drives me nuts for some reason. So much so, that I don't even hear what it is that they "could care less" about!

LOL

I was just thinking about this yesterday.

quote:Originally posted by frostman

Why do people say "I could care less" when what they are trying to express is that they "could'nt care less." That drives me nuts for some reason. So much so, that I don't even hear what it is that they "could care less" about!

LOL

I was just thinking about this yesterday.

Why does every girl on the face of the planet involved in a relationship (or not) find it necessary to utter the words "my boyfriend" or "my fiancée" or "my husband" at least once in the first two sentences after being asked the question "how are you doing?", somewhere in the first 4 sentences after meeting someone new, and at least once in every 10 sentences thereafter.

Talk about insecure! [}:)]

Why does every girl on the face of the planet involved in a relationship (or not) find it necessary to utter the words "my boyfriend" or "my fiancée" or "my husband" at least once in the first two sentences after being asked the question "how are you doing?", somewhere in the first 4 sentences after meeting someone new, and at least once in every 10 sentences thereafter.

Talk about insecure! [}:)]

Before your hard drive collapses, is it not possible for it to give you a TINY advance warning, maybe something like, oh, I don't know, say: "WARNING! I am about to experience a catastrophic meltdown and I'm taking with me every music playlist, every photo, every word doc, every favorite URL, every e-mail message you have lovingly stored on my system for the past three years -- THIS MEANS YOU!"

My computer and I have fallen out, and the break-up is not pretty.

Classic Rock music stations suck only a little less more than the office supervisor (aka The Politicaly Correct Music Nazi) who forces everyone else to listen to them.

All...day...long....

Sincerly

Only hanging out here until the mothership returns

Cheeta

quote:Originally posted by amacpher

What is it about me that is so unemployable, you ****s? The university degree, the college certificate, the years of work experience? The outgoing personality?

In Canada, my friends, these are universal truths. Can't fight City Hall. :)

Why aren't Take-Away food places open at 4 am when I'm awake and hungry. Mmmmmmm some 'tuky fried or mets chinois sounds good. Oh sh** McRonnies or Subs I guess, they're open 24/7......$4.00 for food $10.00 for cabbie to deliver.The 24/7 real restaurants are like a $20.00 taxi fare from the house. Why doesn't the world cater to us graveyarders? Or I could put something in the oven and forget about it again.......No honey, I wasn't smoken' that stuff in the house again, HONEST ...........what those empties they're from last night. Whaaaaat you think all I have to do is drink beer, smoke weed and play on the computer all night.

quote:Originally posted by algorithim

why is qubec french so different from normal french! Its arkward, you should read about cajun aswell! ;)

Ya gotta remember that the French that is spoken in Canada came here from like the 16th to 19th centuries. There are a lot of English words in Quebecois language due to close association, as France Frence has continues to evolve without any impact on Quebec.

I had a buddy from Chiquotami who is Anglo and can't even begin to understand someone from France.

oops one line rant...

Don't get me started about hippies!!!

quote:Originally posted by algorithim

why is qubec french so different from normal french! Its arkward, you should read about cajun aswell! ;)

I don't know for the same reason spoken English is different from Australia to the British Isles to Jamacia to the Cook Islands. Or maybe Dutch from the Antillies to Indonesia to Holland or how do you explain Afrikaner. Is Danish in Greenland , Faroe Islands or Iceland the same? Faroese and Icelandic are known as languages to themselves.Without knowing why do Walloon's and Flemish distinguish themselves from Dutch or French?

Basically it is what it is. So who's to say what is normal of any language? As long as those speaking it can live ,work, play exist with each other .

So what is normal North American French? St. Pierre et Miquelon, Acadien (most Acadien/nes get upset if you call them francophone "Je suis Acadien" they'll say), Québecois, Saskois or Cajun (which is derived from Acadien)?

Expulsion of the Acadians by the British 1755. Longfellows' Evangeline, you know.

Depends or where you live I guess!

I gotta ask why can't some get over denomination of religion even though the people are of the same colour and language and live the same lifestyle? 500 years is some long time to hold a grudge.

Edit: See what is normal in "the old countries" is not always normal to Canadians. If you get my drift?

So again what is normal? Depends on where you live, right?

I keep telling ya ......it's not the hippies it's those self important Lexus drivin' yellow tinted spectacle wearing wanna be Yuppies that you should concentrate on. [:P]

• 2 years later...

Heh.

Not long after this post of anger I got a job, and with the training and industry I'm now in, have moved a couple of times because I wanted to, and these companies wanted me.

A nice 180 since this post, I have to say.

Heh.

Not long after this post of anger I got a job, and with the training and industry I'm now in, have moved a couple of times because I wanted to, and these companies wanted me.

A nice 180 since this post, I have to say.

Archived