Jaime to face Ireland

mjoni

There was a post earlier today about how the Voyageurs forums often have information earlier and more accurately than the CSA. I wonder if we can beat them to the press release with the Northern Ireland squad?

Kidding aside, I, for one, am glad that Peters is in the side for the Northern Ireland match.

quote:Originally posted by mjoni

http://www.itfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10272~618953,00.html

Just read on Ipswich's site that Jamie Peters will be appearing in Canada's friendly at Northern Ireland.

I guess without a club until May, this is the best thing for Jaime, to keep him game sharp and to expose him to international competition.

I have the feeling that Peters is considered a leader for his U-20 squad, despite the fact that he is one of the youngest players on that team. The more top-notch exposure he gets, the better.

I'll bet he's also in the squad that faces Portugal in March, barring any prior committments, of course.

he has a club. he just isn't in the first team. he'll play for the VERY competitive u19 team and can he not also play reserve football?\

i think this is great. we finally have a youngster committed to playing for canada who is highly talented. hopefully uccello isn't disregarded and the younger de guz pays attention to these two highly talented players competing.

if i remember correctly edgar isn't involved because of injury - and he is another big talent. "it's all happening."

Kinda curious to see how much Peters gets used by Frankie and in what sort of capacity.

Wondering if after all these trials and short time in English football if the young man is able to bring something more to senior international play than he brought last summer.

Time's on his side, but not for too much longer. Guess that's kinda true for Yallop as well.

And yeah. The Guz Part II. Really want to see what all the fuss is about with that one. If not against Northern Ireland, than Portugal for sure.

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

Wondering if after all these trials and short time in English football if the young man is able to bring something more to senior international play than he brought last summer.

This is the time to find out though not WCQ. I am all in favour of bringing in at least one young talent per friendly. The key word however is friendly as in not during WCQ.

quote:Originally posted by mjoni

http://www.itfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10272~618953,00.html

Just read on Ipswich's site that Jamie Peters will be appearing in Canada's friendly at Northern Ireland.

The mens national team is not the spot for Jamie Peters to be keeping sharp. I think that this is a misuse of the team. Players develop with their club side, and then perform with the MNT.

quote:Originally posted by RJB

The mens national team is not the spot for Jamie Peters to be keeping sharp. I think that this is a misuse of the team. Players develop with their club side, and then perform with the MNT.

Though true, to a point. It is a friendly, so numerous substitutions would be/should be the letter of the day. I just hope the CSA can provide Yallop with a very large pool of players, some players to observe, others there to solidify conclusions. Really the friendlies should be used to develop a good idea of what the Gold Cup squad might look like.

Archived