Interesting Stadium Concept for Track Haters

Grizzly

The proposed design for the renovations of Dresden's stadium which is home to Dynamo Dresden. This renovation is badly needed but will probably not occur in the near future due to lack of funds. The architecture firm has applied for a patent on the design and it may be used elsewhere. Good way to have a multi-purpose stadium without bad sightlines for soccer. If attending a track meet, however, one would sure hope there isn't any problems with the mechanical system holding the soccer stand up.

arena03.jpg

arena04.jpg

arena05.jpg

arena06.jpg

With all the modern stadiums going up this is the kind I like (Union Berlin plays here). Old with grass or moss growing on the terraces, almost all standing room and tons of character. This is football!

foersterei07.jpg

foersterei03.jpg

quote:
Old with grass or moss growing on the terraces, almost all standing room and tons of character. This is football!

quote:

I was refferind to this, yes your correct there is no stadium like this in Poland or Ukraine for that matter :). I also said III and IV div which kinda of made it obviouse that I was not reffering to teh stadium pictured above but the comment made by grizzly. Common Jarrek read dont just look @ the photos :)

I didnt quote

this is what I wrote.

quote:
seen thos stadiums before as a matter a fact been to those kind before there are tons of theose in the III and IV league in Poland. It has character but it also looks crappy
quote:

what III or IV div side can afford this and me saying crappy should have given you the idea that I was talking about the run down stadiums :), yes it is moderator trigger :)

Damn Straight. :D

Polish Lynx Fan, All I'm saying is that you should have quoted to make your messages more decipherable. I'm seeing you're having a bit of trouble using the board.

Nevermind the 3rd or 4th divisions, there are some Ekstraklasa stadiums that are sub-par.

quote:Originally posted by Jarrek

Polish Lynx Fan, All I'm saying is that you should have quoted to make your messages more decipherable. I'm seeing you're having a bit of trouble using the board.

I knew what he meanticon_rolleyes.gif

Gee, Jarrek stop being such a bully.;)[:P] You are gonna give us moderators a bad name:D:D[}:)].

Not an expert on Polish stadiums but my visits to other stadiums throughout eastern Europe leads me to think Jarrek is correct in saying that this is more typical of a first division Polish stadium than 3rd or 4th. Very few 3rd or 4th division teams in eastern Europe have a stadium of this size and quality. Some may have a similar cement terrace construction but on a much smaller scale. Most of the eastern European leagues have two or three modern stadiums for the top teams and the rest are like this stadium or in worse condition. In the west outside of the big 4 countries and France the situation is similar. The Belgium league for example has a few nice stadiums but also a number of teams who would be happy to have a stadium as good as Union's. Look at the stadium that Occean plays in in Norway which makes Richardson in Kingston look world class.

I guess you prefer stadiums with plush seats and jumbotrons PLF :D[8D] but I love these old stadiums. Character and the spirit of decades of fans attending matches unlike the sterile modern stadiums. I was happy to attend a game at Luzhniki hockey arena in Moscow (where Henderson scored the famous goal) before renovations began. It looked exactly like in the videos we have seen a thousand times and was like visiting the old Montreal Forum or Maple Leaf Gardens. It is being renovated for a world figure skating championship and while an international tournament couldn't be held in it in its previous state, the old atmosphere will be completely lost and it will not be the same stadium. Visiting the old stadiums is one of the things I like most about seeing games in various countries. Visiting stadiums like Schalke's or the inflatable blimps that they are building in Germany for the next WC doesn't interest me nearly as much. There are some nice new stadiums being built but also many that remind me a lot of Skydome and may have a similar fate. Anyone else prefer old, traditional stadiums regardless of condition or does everyone prefer the big modern ones? What do you prefer Jarrek?

quote:What do you prefer Jarrek?

Personally I prefer stadiums that are built for soccer. I don't think it matters if a stadium is old or modern, as what it comes down to is atmoshpere the stadium can provide.

A lot of Eastern European countries face the task of either modernizing their multi purpose stadia, most of which were built in the years following the war, or tearing them down outright and building new venues.

Lech Stadium in Poznan, Poland is currently undergoing a multi stage modernization process which will be fully completed within the next few years. The same thing is being done to Wisla Stadium in Krakow. Krakow's stadium at one time used to be a multi purpose oval type stadium with a track. Over the years the endzone stands were torn down, and the remaining stands moderninzed. The stadium will eventually end up looking like this:

stadion_projektd.jpg

Slaski stadium was recently modernized as well. The capacity was lowered from 100,000 (no seats), to around 45,000 (all seater).

The city of Sumy in Ukraine recently built an English style stadium for it's 2nd division side FC Spartak:

sumy_yubileiny.jpg

It actually looks decent, though the building materials look like they were taken from the 60's. Don't know if this was intentional.

Donetsk oligarch Rinat Akhmetov's side FC Shakhtar have started the construction on their $100 million soccer stadium. Looks like Rinat will have to speed up the construction since Yuschenko has been elected :)

DANGER DANGER THREAT OF REVIVING UKRAINIAN ELECTION THREAD

quote:Donetsk oligarch Rinat Akhmetov's side FC Shakhtar have started the construction on their $100 million soccer stadium. Looks like Rinat will have to speed up the construction since Yuschenko has been elected :)

I don't think Rinat will have to worry about new league president Yuschenko. The former banker is apparently a big fan of the oligarchy game and recruited two of Ukraine's finest olis to play on his team, the oil princess and the cocoa king. He even went so far as to name the oil princess as team captain. Rinat did play on the wrong team in the oligarch derby but that is nothing that a few high transfer fees can't smooth over. There is just no loyalty in sports today, players switching sides for financial gain without any consideration of the fans.

quote:
Poland is currently undergoing a multi stage modernization process which will be fully completed within the next few years.
quote:

Jarrek I'll be the first one to buy you a beer if all these stadiums get built. Lech Poznan, well they did modernazie it a bit but still work to be done to rach the final projecgt. Wisla Krakow-COnstruction under way. Their neighbours Cracovia are said to be getting a new one (tell me when that gets done) Lechia Gdansk (currently III div.) are set to build a world class stadium. This team has lots of history except they went bankrupt and started from DIV 6. # years 3 promotions so thats why the stadium plans. Warsaw well dont get me started, Lodz dame thing, Wroclaw another team with history who are also "getting" a stadium. I hate to be the guy who says I'll belive it when I see it but hey I have been fooled on to many occasions with stadiums in Poland. Oh yeah and by the way Poland_Ukrain bid for 2012 EURO, Jarrek I hope your not getting to exited.

quote:Jarrek I'll be the first one to buy you a beer if all these stadiums get built.

What all stadiums? I only mentioned two. :)

Re; Yuschenko, The next few years will decide if he will be better then Kuchma ... Surely things are more positive now then they were a few years ago.

quote:Originally posted by Polish_LYNX_Fan

Oh yeah and by the way Poland_Ukrain bid for 2012 EURO, Jarrek I hope your not getting to exited.

No kidding, that must be a dream combination for Jarrek. :D Other bidders are expected to be Russia, Greece and Italy! So it's one "established" host against four newcommers, hmmm...

Spain and Hungary-Crotaia are also considering Euro 2012, but they and Italy better deal with their crypto-Facists and quasi-Racists effectively to have any chance. For Russia, it's a case of controlling the terrorists. If I had to bet, Greece has the clearest sailing, and UEFA is knocking themselves already for awarding another joint bid.

Archived