U-20 Qualifying Final Roster Announced

Massive Attack

quote:Originally posted by beachesl

Either there was a practical issue about release from the club, or Mitchell wanted Davidson to soften the blow of being cut in the very competitive competition for the attacking positions and to give Lombardo some assurance that he was still on the radar.

Are you suggesting that Mitchell has this kind of influence over a professional journalist and what he writes? ;)

IMHO it could be much simpler in that Mitchell didn't want to start a row with Atalanta and compromise the kid's future, particularly given the depth we have at striker at the age level. As far as I know, the FIFA statutes are only enforced if the national association makes a stink and I don't think Mitchell would do that for this tourney.

quote:Originally posted by Andrew W

Are you suggesting that Mitchell has this kind of influence over a professional journalist and what he writes? ;)

IMHO it could be much simpler in that Mitchell didn't want to start a row with Atalanta and compromise the kid's future, particularly given the depth we have at striker at the age level. As far as I know, the FIFA statutes are only enforced if the national association makes a stink and I don't think Mitchell would do that for this tourney.

Hey, I'm a big supporter of Davidson here, I think he is the foremost reporter of accurate and lucid soccer facts in this country. I was just suggesting that Mitchell made a point of mentioning Lombardo was on his radar, and that Davidson reported that. Davidson has a lot of integrity, but he uses discretion too obviously to gain the trust of guys like frank and Mitchell.

(PS, I didn't edit your post, just pressed the worng mod buttons at first, sorry, a bit wobbly with the digits)

Archived