CSA nothing but a cash grab group

savagebeast

The CSA has put it's hands in the till for the upcoming old timers series in Toronto & Calgary between the Liverpool and Man Utd legends.

Is there nothing the CSA won't do to damage the sport in this country even more, going back to demanding undeserved fees from the World

Champions series games at the skydome last summer. Now they try and get their greedy little hands on this venture. It's time for the CSA

to Butt out of things that are none of their business. GREED, Greed

is all that the CSA stands for. They like ta.king money from people,

yet don't want to part with it to finance proper friendlies for our national side prior to wcq. For soccer survival in this country, the CSA needs to die and be reborn, this group is killing the game in this country.

note: edited to remove capital letters from entire tile as per policy: mod

I've saw in the papers that Pipe feels the CSA is entitled to the money but haven't heard from Andy Sharpe, the President of the CSA. He's not the shy retiring type, so I wonder why he's not being quoted by the media.

What is his view on this matter?

quote:Originally posted by savagebeast

The CSA has put it's hands in the till for the upcoming old timers series in Toronto & Calgary between the Liverpool and Man Utd legends.

Is there nothing the CSA won't do to damage the sport in this country even more, going back to demanding undeserved fees from the World

Champions series games at the skydome last summer. Now they try and get their greedy little hands on this venture. It's time for the CSA

to Butt out of things that are none of their business. GREED, Greed

is all that the CSA stands for. They like ta.king money from people,

yet don't want to part with it to finance proper friendlies for our national side prior to wcq. For soccer survival in this country, the CSA needs to die and be reborn, this group is killing the game in this country.

note: edited to remove capital letters from entire tile as per policy: mod

Amen! Truer words were never posted.

Guest HamiltonSteelers

The CSA doesn't mandate the professional game, but it does mandates exhibitions. Is it me, or do they only give a crap when there's a buck to be made?

Funny, how they care about a professional exhibition when it's someone else's money, yet offer little to no support for the professionalism in the system (especially their own money).

Hypocritical or am I missing something? Ignoring the transparent 'jurisdiction' argument the CSA is using.

quote:Originally posted by Richard

For a group that purports to support soccer in Canada, publicly trashing the national association and it's individual executives hardly seems to be in line with the group objectives.

I agree. It's different if they have constructive criticism,

whereby some solutions are offered. It's clear they (detractors)

have an agenda that serves their purposes only.

It's not news to me either; the title of the thread offers

nothing new in terms of insight. Just loads of bitching.

As for the CSA being hypocritical about a "fundraiser" game,

well, FIFA rules are rules. If set up a rival FA, FIFA won't

recognize you (eg. rival Belize FA).

quote:Originally posted by SeanKeay

Mods, does anyone think analist, robert and savagebeast are the same person

We already know that savagebeast, mexico86 and a few others (usually including the word "beast") are the same person: soccerbeast. All those names except "savagebeast" are locked out.

As for the others (Robert, analyst, fan), as I've said before, there's no (real) evidence that they are the same person or that any of them are savagebeast. On the contrary, the evidence suggests that they are different people.

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

Mods, don't we already have a thread about this in the General Discussion forum?

Yes. I've moved the relevant posts to that thread:

http://www.canadian-soccer.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5719

This current thread may be deleted.

Archived