Cdn Talent recognized in Germany (Stalteri)

Guest Ed

Paul Stalteri is once again recognized as a player to keep an eye on as he makes the kicker list of Bundesliga defensive outside backs at the halfway mark of the season. Here's the list:

Bundesliga

Rangliste des deutschen Fußballs: - 27.12.2004 11:45

Außenbahn defensiv

Weltklasse

keiner

Internationale Klasse

keiner

Im weiteren Kreis

1. Bernd Schneider (Bayer Leverkusen) 31 (K-3. A. off.)

2. Philipp Lahm (VfB Stuttgart) 21 (IK-1.)

3. Andreas Hinkel (VfB Stuttgart) 22 (-)

4. Arne Friedrich (Hertha BSC) 26 (B)

Blickfeld

Steve Cherundolo (Hannover 96) 25 (-)

Malik Fathi (Hertha BSC) 21 (-)

Lars Müller (1. FC Nürnberg) 28 (-)

Christian Pander (FC Schalke 04) 21 (-)

Paul Stalteri (Werder Bremen) 27 (B)

Michael Tarnat (Hannover 96) 35 (-)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Erläuterung: Die Zahl hinter dem Namen gibt das Alter an. Die Buchstaben in den Klammern zeigen an, in welcher Kategorie und auf welchem Platz sich die Spieler vor einem halben Jahr befanden. Die Bedeutung der Buchstaben im Einzelnen:

(WK)= Weltklasse, (IK)= Internationale Klasse, (K)= Im weiteren Kreis, (B)= Blickfeld, (-)= Zuletzt nicht vertreten

In der Weltklasse, Internationalen Klasse und Im weiteren Kreis wurde in der Reihenfolge nochmals eine Klassifizierung vorgenommen. In der letzten Kategorie (Blickfeld) sind die Namen alphabetisch geordnet.

Tam Nsaliwa is one to watch as a centre back in the Bundesliga 2.

Herausragend

1. Pavel Drsek MSV Duisburg 28 (-)

2. Alexander Klitzpera (Alemannia Aachen) 27 (-)

3. Zoran Mamic (Eintracht Trier) 33 (-)

4. Thomas Kleine (SpVgg Greuther Fürth) 26 (-)

5. Thomas Baelum (MSV Duisburg) 26(-)

Blickfeld

Echendu Adiele (1.FC Saarbrücken) 26 (-)

Jörg Emmerich (Erzgebirge Aue) 30 (H-3.)

Frascarelli (LR Ahlen) 31 (-)

Gledson (LR Ahlen) 25 (-)

Nico Herzig (Wacker Burghausen) 21 (-)

Torben Hoffmann (Eintracht Frankfurt) 30 (-)

Tamandani Nsaliwa (1.FC Saarbrücken) 22 (-)

Darlington Omodiagbe (SpVgg Unterhaching) 26 (-)

Andreas Richter (RW Erfurt) 27 (-)

Moses Sichone (Alemannia Aachen) 27 (-)

Lukas Sinkiewicz (1.FC Köln) 19 (-)

Torsten Traub (RW Erfurt) 29 (-)

Hrvoje Vukovic (Wacker Burghausen) 25 (-)

Please note that this is merely the German football press making these judgements, not our experts such as Bob Lenarduzzi, analyst and Frank Yallop. Cheers.

quote:Originally posted by Ed

Please note that this is merely the German football press making these judgements, not our experts such as Bob Lenarduzzi, analyst and Frank Yallop. Cheers.

So what you're saying is that because they are German, and they are press, they are correct?

It means you can believe who you want to believe when you read that Canada does not have enough talent to beat Guatemala, Honduras and Costa Rica.

You can buy the BS being shovelled out by the CSA afficiandos if you like; it seems most here do.

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

So what you're saying is that because they are German, and they are press, they are correct?

I'd say that sums it up nicely.

And I think I'll trust my vote to the German football press over Yallop and company right now if nobody minds. Having qualified for the WC since FOREVER I'll guess they know talent and ability when they see it.

But that may be just a leap of faith...

P.S. I've been wondering for some time now as to Stalteri's little outburst and how it must have been something a little more complicated than frustration at his not being able to play and the officiating. But then again, I do like my conspiracys and a little locker room/tactical intrigue would suit my tastes just fine.

P.S.S. Nice to see my man Diesel getting a little praise. I'd take him any day of the week, for any side. Temperment and all. (Hell, I wouldn't have him any other way. Bless his dark little heart.)

It means you can believe who you want to believe when you read that Canada does not have enough talent to beat Guatemala, Honduras and Costa Rica.

You can buy the BS being shovelled out by the CSA afficiandos if you like; it seems most here do.

Personally, I do believe we have the talent to beat Guatemala, Honduras and Costa Rica. On the other hand, I don't believe we have the depth to do it consistently. Yet.

That being said, no one knows whether Nsaliwa would have made a huge difference if he were called (which is what I think you were implying, since Stalteri would have played if he wasn't suspended).

What I don't buy is the constant BS being shovelled out by both the CSA 'aficianados' (if you can call them that) and the anti-Yallop crowd at every possible opportunity. Both sides are coming across like broken records.

I'm not going to argue that some of the criticism of Yallop and the CSA is over the top. That being said, I was responding directly to the notion that has been put forward that we do not have the talent to come out of that group. Those teams were in turmoil; Costa Rica advanced over Cuba with two ties and away goals; Honduras and Costa Rica sacked their coaches just prior to the semis. They were not unbeatable. I find the fact that any criticism of Yallop is washed away unpalatable. Nsaliwa may not have made a difference. Brennan may not have made a difference. But you put those two players (who have played together in our MNT) in the lineup, put de Rosario back where he belongs and suddenly you start to have a bit of familiarity. You sure as hell did not have that with the bogus lineup we started in the most important game of the semis. You'll say I'm beating a dead horse but I'm sick of hearing what a great coach Frank Yallop is when I have seen nothing on the national scene to indicate that he is but a pale imitation of Osieck. And I didn't have a high opinion of Osieck.

Forgot to mention that the midfield and striker mid-term rankings have not been released; I expect Julian de Guzman has gone up in estimation nicely since this time last year.

I'm not going to argue that some of the criticism of Yallop and the CSA is over the top. That being said, I was responding directly to the notion that has been put forward that we do not have the talent to come out of that group. Those teams were in turmoil; Costa Rica advanced over Cuba with two ties and away goals; Honduras and Costa Rica sacked their coaches just prior to the semis. They were not unbeatable. I find the fact that any criticism of Yallop is washed away unpalatable. Nsaliwa may not have made a difference. Brennan may not have made a difference. But you put those two players (who have played together in our MNT) in the lineup, put de Rosario back where he belongs and suddenly you start to have a bit of familiarity. You sure as hell did not have that with the bogus lineup we started in the most important game of the semis. You'll say I'm beating a dead horse but I'm sick of hearing what a great coach Frank Yallop is when I have seen nothing on the national scene to indicate that he is but a pale imitation of Osieck. And I didn't have a high opinion of Osieck.

I agree that Costa Rica and Honduras were beatable in this round (despite what I said about Canada not haveing the depth to beat them consistently), and I wasn't specifically targeting you when I made the remark about some of the over-the-top comments made on this board in recent months.

That being said, I too, am at a loss abour De Rosario being played out of position, especially when one considers that no one knows what De Ro can do up top more than Yallop. Perhaps he felt that Dwayne could contribute at right/left mid more than he ultimately did.

Yes, we have the depth. It isn't fabulous, but we could have advance from our group. We can blame a host of factors--including player selection--but no single factor is as great as this: We needed more time to properly prepare and we needed our guys to play several friendlies prior to our first game versus the Guats. I wish Tam had been involved from the beginning, but I am not convinced that he alone would have made the sort of difference we needed. Add Tam and 3 friendlies, then you might be on to something.

Archived