What's with Jaime Peters???

Luis_Rancagua

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Ryan Keay

All citizens of European Union countries are treated as thought they are domestic within the EU. Fabregas is Spanish, but in legal terms he is a domestic player.

I thought the real deal with Cesc was that his parents moved to London to live, thus allowing him to play for them. Same goes for Gerard Pique, another Barça school player at Man U. Now it is possible that this is a loophole, as I think Cesc lives with a lady near Highbury with that young French player that sometimes plays first team (name?).

Cesc lives with the family who also host Senderos. They hang together with the American boys.

Cesc's father purchased a residence in London to have residency status. His mother commutes from Spain to watch matches, as his folks are divorced.

I believe he does have professional status as her recently signed a new deal, or it is currently on the table. I can verify that later.

The best thing that could happen to Jaimie is a US scholarship and hopes of playing MLS.

I know him very well and should have gone to Europe at a much earlier age like Jonathon Deguzman who went Fernoord around the age of 13.

He is an all round good athelete and student.

However,lacks the personal skills required to cut it in Europe.

Secondly, the second challenge is for a young talented player to live alone away from family and all the luxuries in Canada.

In Canada he may be a top player but in Europe may find himself on the bench.He would need to have the mental toughness to overcome all the challenges away from home.

Christian Ronaldo is a far more superior player than Jaimie and his personal skills are light years ahead.He did not go to Manu by fluke or get selected for the National team by chance and make a huge Impact.

Jamies time with the National team was just a marketing ploy by the coach and a way for him to get enough caps to play in Europe when he turns 18.

Any way I wish Jamie all the best and hope his dreams come true.

This boy has what it takes but needs the right people around him with a proper plan.

very good points soccrguy ... but normally dont unattached players get paid by the csa per appearance? and if he got payed, then that would likely make him ineligible to play ncaa sports....im not exactly sure what the ruling would be there but i know they have VERY strict rules about who is amateur and who is considered a "professional athlete"

quote:Originally posted by marcl_19

very good points soccrguy ... but normally dont unattached players get paid by the csa per appearance? and if he got payed, then that would likely make him ineligible to play ncaa sports....im not exactly sure what the ruling would be there but i know they have VERY strict rules about who is amateur and who is considered a "professional athlete"

I think you are quite right marcl.

This is how young talented players futures get messed up.

The chances of turning pro are very slim so they should have kept him out of the Mens National Team and created the best situation for him.

This is obviously a player and parent decision to go all the way Pro beacuse the family can afford to pay for his University if he fails.

For players who are not well off the governing bodies need to make sure that the education component is priority.

Are you sure the US college route is good for someone who wants to be a pro playing at a high level and earning millions? The college season is short, so they must train off season, but how often, - do they train 5 or 6 teams a week (which is what they need if they want to become elite players).

I'm not sure because lots of players go the college route because they are marginal players so if they don't make it as pros then they have their education to fall back on. If a player is really good and wants to be a pro, then they should be settling for a second best option like the college route just becasue it has a good fall back/contingency plan.

Is it possible that some players who aren't really serious about pro soccer choose the college route because they can't stand the pressure and demands of becoming a pro?

The money received by National team players such as Jaime Peters is merely subsistence money and not considered pay so if he so chooses he may attend a university on scholarship. By the wat from what I hear Jaime has very good guidance and has all the tools necessary.

quote:Originally posted by Angelo

The money received by National team players such as Jaime Peters is merely subsistence money and not considered pay so if he so chooses he may attend a university on scholarship. By the wat from what I hear Jaime has very good guidance and has all the tools necessary.

Who is guiding Jamie ?

We know he has the tools as he is a gifted athlete.

If he is as talented as you think then he should have played the whole game for the mens national team.

Jamie should have left for Europe 4 years ago.

Unfortunately he is 2 years behind European standards and now needs time to adapt.Based on what I have seen he is good enough for 2nd division Germany or 3rd division UK.

Hopefully his agent will find a club that will give him time to develop.In my opinion his personal skills are weak and lacks creativity.He only has one foot which is not good enough for high calibre soccer.

quote:Who is guiding Jamie ?

We know he has the tools as he is a gifted athlete.

If he is as talented as you think then he should have played the whole game for the mens national team.

Jamie should have left for Europe 4 years ago.

Unfortunately he is 2 years behind European standards and now needs time to adapt.Based on what I have seen he is good enough for 2nd division Germany or 3rd division UK.

Hopefully his agent will find a club that will give him time to develop.In my opinion his personal skills are weak and lacks creativity.He only has one foot which is not good enough for high calibre soccer.

quote:I know him very well and should have gone to Europe at a much earlier age like Jonathon Deguzman who went Fernoord around the age of 13.

He is an all round good athelete and student.

However,lacks the personal skills required to cut it in Europe.

Secondly, the second challenge is for a young talented player to live alone away from family and all the luxuries in Canada.

In Canada he may be a top player but in Europe may find himself on the bench.He would need to have the mental toughness to overcome all the challenges away from home.

Christian Ronaldo is a far more superior player than Jaimie and his personal skills are light years ahead.He did not go to Manu by fluke or get selected for the National team by chance and make a huge Impact.

Jamies time with the National team was just a marketing ploy by the coach and a way for him to get enough caps to play in Europe when he turns 18.

Quote from you from another thread.

quote:Mr Rudi,

You need to get your facts straight before you make any statements.

The problem in these types of forums is people do not do there research before making their comments.Secondly, all I see is a lot of talkers and not enough people making a real difference in the game.

Find out what was on his shirt and then get back to me with some solid facts.

Maybe you should try doing a Internet search on Peters with the word Kaiserslautern. Or even easier you could actually read the information contained on earlier posts in this thread. Considering you claim to know Peters very well you certainly don't seem to have much idea what he has been doing for the last couple of years. Doesn't seem to stop you from posting ignorant opinions though without undertaking the same research you are advising others to make.

quote:Originally posted by Massive Attack

Grizzly, I wouldnt bother with soccrguy65. It seems his entire purpose on this forum is to advertise for a certain soccer club. He doesn't really care if he's talking out of his ass.

You are entitled to your opinion and you can think what you wish.

Fact is fact and I guess we will see the outcome in years to come.

To get back to the intent of this thread, there is nothing wrong with Jamie. He is an excellent young player.

He's the best young talent we have, due to his good ball control, feints and quickness.

I can only hope that he continues to develop as he reaches his physical prime, and that we get more like him.

I won't gossip about why he isn't playing overseas.

quote:Originally posted by analyst

To get back to the intent of this thread, there is nothing wrong with Jamie. He is an excellent young player.

He's the best young talent we have, due to his good ball control, feints and quickness.

I can only hope that he continues to develop as he reaches his physical prime, and that we get more like him.

Don't get me wrong Jamie is a talented boy however I believe Jonathon Deguzman is one of the most talented young Canadians who has proven him self to date.

He is a regular starter with Feyernoord.He is still only age 17 and plays U19.

quote:Originally posted by analyst

Don't get me wrong Jamie is a talented boy however I believe Jonathon Deguzman is one of the most talented young Canadians who has proven him self to date.

He is a regular starter with Feyernoord.He is still only age 17 and plays U19.

soccrguy, John Deguzman may be more talented but he also hasn't committed to Canada yet and you get the suspicion that he's waiting for the Holland invite soon if he continues to develop as he is. At least Jamie has shown his committment to our national side even if he is not quite ready yet,, I think he endears himself to canadian soccer fans more because of this..

soccrguy, John Deguzman may be more talented but he also hasn't committed to Canada yet and you get the suspicion that he's waiting for the Holland invite soon if he continues to develop as he is. At least Jamie has shown his committment to our national side even if he is not quite ready yet,, I think he endears himself to canadian soccer fans more because of this..

Hey- I dont care about any freakin Jaime Peters, The US has about six or seven Jaime Peters. Freddy, Szetla, Will John, Gaven, all or twice the player he is. If you guys are talkin about him playin a-league soccer that is an absolute joke. Some a-league teams get beat by d1 schools in america. I believe canada is getting better at soccer. But guys come on you have about 3 or 4 cities to draw players from. Canada might not even be in s. africa. Canada's best player ever plays for England, and maybe ur second best player john deguz is likely to turn oranje. Lets get it together, if Jaime peters is the real deal he has to get to europe soon, or he will be past up. Alright come on boys pull it together. For canada to get good at something besides hockey and changing ur mind, ur gonna need to have a national training center and stop debating where players should go and and produce ur own players. GO ON USA!!!! Blame Canada

and elton "easy" Fernandes should be on the u20s maybe even the full team because u boys need a prayer. And seriously go on u Yanks!!!

quote:Originally posted by SeanKeay

You wouldnt see his talent in the a-league... since u dont goto games.

And plus, wait till he turns 18 and can get a real contract.

So first it was the transfer window, and now we have to wait until he's 18?

This is incredible. No disrespect to Jamie Peters, but could it be that he isn't the talent that people make him out to be? I've said all along that he didn't belong in all those WCQ, and now it seems that his relative dissapearance confirms that.

Archived