What's with Jaime Peters???

Luis_Rancagua

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by SeanKeay

You wouldnt see his talent in the a-league... since u dont goto games.

And plus, wait till he turns 18 and can get a real contract.

Blah blah blah blah blah blah!!!!!!! I don't go to Lynx games!!!! What ever!!!!! Playing in Europe is perhaps is the best thing that could happen to this guy.

He has been playing in europe for a long while luis...and plus not many ppl leave a high profile club like kaieserslautin(sp) on his own wishes to come the the a-league, He has a plan and the best canadian agent working with him. Im pretty sure hes waiting till he turns 18 to sign a pro contract.

I hope to see Peters in a Whitecaps jersey next year, so they can sell him to a European team a year or two later.

But I don't expect that to happen. The Whitecaps don't try to sign and develop young talent for eventual sale. Instead they sign players past their prime like Corrazin, Dasovic, Fonseca and Watson.

I'll probably buy seasons tix for the Whitecaps again, but its harder to get motivated to do so, with the old blood on the field.

I have mixed feelings about the issue. I actually do not believe Jaime Peters is the caliber of a Mens National Team player, I don't even think he'd start for Millwall, or be in their first team, knowing some of you believe he will. He ISN'T THAT GOOD... believe me, I've played against him, and I'm not trying to so bitter or jealous, because I'd love to see him at Millwall in their first team, but seriously, he isn't good enough, YET. I really think Yallop was using him, to bring some excitement in the program, making people believe that Peters will be the saviour one day for our Mens Nats Team. I've played against Uccello too, and I really believe that Julian is a better play. Julian is also performing a decent level, and scoring lots of goals. Peters isn't that good... I hope some people realize this. You saw him in the Honduras game, the other players on the team were getting a bit frustrated at him for not playing wide enough, which is just common sense for a winger. Jaime playing for the Whitecaps, will be the best for him. Going to Europe, IF he played for a Championship side, such as Millwall, he might get on the bench a few times, make a 5 minute appearance at the end, but playing at the Whitecaps I'm sure he'd start a higher percentage of the games.

Really the only reason that Peters was getting trials at Man Utd and Chelsea was because they recognized that he was already playing on a Mens National Team, and he was shown a great deal of interest by Coca-Cola Championship clubs. Don't get me wrong, Peters is a great player, and he will be playing in the Premiership one day.. but he isn't ready to step into a level such as the Championship. A-League will be great for him, it'll develop his game against actual men and not teenagers such as myself, and will give him that experience and confidence he needs to play and start in the Championship when he's around 19 or 20.

Why would he go to the whipecaps? He lives in pickering and its not like the whitecaps are the greatest team in the world and can get players from all over the country.

I dunno, i just think the lynx would be a good fit for him since we seem to like to give up talent to europe

quote:Originally posted by analyst

I hope to see Peters in a Whitecaps jersey next year, so they can sell him to a European team a year or two later.

But I don't expect that to happen. The Whitecaps don't try to sign and develop young talent for eventual sale. Instead they sign players past their prime like Corrazin, Dasovic, Fonseca and Watson.

I'll probably buy seasons tix for the Whitecaps again, but its harder to get motivated to do so, with the old blood on the field.

That's not exaclty true.For years(late 90's) the caps were critised for having too many young kids.Players like Kindel,Clarke,Valente,Jordan,Morris and Sulentic were all rookie regulars and are now solid vets.Unfortuntely they either never developed or were not given the opportunity to develope into national team calibre players.

It wasn't until recently that the Caps felt they needed to get more experienced players to help them get over the hump to win a championship.

They still have a couple of strong young guys in Harmse and Thompson in the fold but it is going to be difficult to get them playing time with the depth that the Whitecaps have.What these kids need are more Canadian teams where they could have possibly gained more experience.

It's same old story that we've heard before.A player like Harmse will end up not developing properly unless he goes to Europe which he has already tried.I'm not sure why he hasn't gone back.Reminds me of the Jeff Clarke situation where the developement stops at a relatively young age.Ends up being a solid A league player and not much more.

Ther are similar stories in Montreal and Toronto.Doesn't mean we give up on them.Sandro Grande proved that just because you play in the A league doesn't mean you can't contribute to the national team.

Vancouver Fan, you are right the Whitecaps do sign some young players, but they don't sign them to long term contracts. Thats because the Club did not have a sound financial basis.

The season after they signed Kindel and Clarke, they went to teams in Belgium and Ireland respectively and the Whitecaps got nothing in return because the contracts were short term.

Sulentic also signed then went to Croatia, came back, went over again, and has been back for 2 years. With all his back and forth, it looks like the Whitecaps did not sign him to a multi-year contract.

Good question.

As far as I can tell, the first time anyone said anything connecting Peters and the Whitecaps was this post in the "Canadians abroad" thread for the current week:

quote:Originally posted by stacks - 12/21/2004 : 19:15:32

top of the list is probably Vancouver Whitecaps"

I don't think nobody wants him or he would of been signed by now.

That was in response to a previous post asking which English club Peters may be favouring. The way I read it, stacks may have been trying to be sarcastic. stacks, am I correct or is there some source to this Peters/Whitecaps connection?

Then, a few hours later, this was posted in the PCSL thread in the clubs section:

quote:Originally posted by analyst - 12/21/2004 : 22:54:32

A post on another site indicated that Jamie Peters was headed to the Whitecaps for 2005. If he doesn't play for the senior team, then he might play for the reserve team in the PCSL.

analyst, did you really see this rumour on another site (and if so, which site?), or were you talking about the aforementioned post by stacks?

Finally, Luis started this thread, talking about "latest Vancouver Whitecaps rumours", as if there are several such rumours!

This whole thing may be due to a misunderstanding. Which would show how quickly things can spin out of control on the Internet.

DJT, the rumour I refereed to was the posting on another thread on this site, so there may be nothing of substance to the Peters to Whitecaps idea. Except, he got his big time expsoure when he suited up for the National team against Millwall and Hearts in Vancouver, and Yallop, Mitchell and Andy Sharpe all live in Vancouver, so why not move to Vancouver. BC used to produce most of the best players in all of Canada, but that is no longer true, so perhaps players can move to BC so BC can once again reclaim its place at the top.

I'm never going to understand the criticism by some of Peters on these boards. People keep saying "he's not that good." Well, I've only seen him play three times but it was enough to make it clear he has major, major potential. Huge, huge talent.

Why would Man Utd and Chelsea be interested. Because he IS good enough already to play with professionals in their 20s and he's 17. That puts him into pretty elite class.

Jeremy, the only person critical of him so far has been Timotas, who said he played aginst Peters and Ucello and prefers the latter. One other person wondered why he hasn't signed with anyone.

I've seen Peters several times and he impressed each time. He is very good taking people on 1v1. Some people didn't like Christiano Ronaldo when he first joined ManU beccause they thought he was a ball hog and flamboyant. CR didn't play much his first year but is doing well now that he is a bit older.

Since Peters is only 17, his upside potential is great.

quote:Originally posted by analyst

Jeremy, the only person critical of him so far has been Timotas, who said he played aginst Peters and Ucello and prefers the latter. One other person wondered why he hasn't signed with anyone.

I've seen Peters several times and he impressed each time. He is very good taking people on 1v1. Some people didn't like Christiano Ronaldo when he first joined ManU beccause they thought he was a ball hog and flamboyant. CR didn't play much his first year but is doing well now that he is a bit older.

Since Peters is only 17, his upside potential is great.

So true he is only 17 his upside potential is always great the importance is that he does not give up. I'm not nessessary a Peters fan as he limited to a role on a team and with that role he show weakness, but I could be he is just not ready for the Mens Team, as I only have that to compare, but development goes along way AND THAT COULD IMPROVE I want to make clear that he can improve. BUT If he does not get soon Im afraid his chances or success is very remote. After all most players at this age already have a team to work with and show what he can do. If he does not get "playing time" soon in a league of some sort he will not move forward but backwards and all this discussion will just go away.

Does anyone have any stats on this Peters other than his matches with the Mens with Canada. Analsyt</u> what other games has played in that stats speak for themselves . Christiano Ronaldo not even close come on at the end of Chiristiano was signed. For heaven sakes let be a realist here if he was close to him trust me he would have been on a team already signed. Give him hope yes, let him have his dreams yes, but compare apples with apples not oranges with apples.

As I said one must incorange one talents to keep is drive going not nessessary count him out. He just has to work harder to get into something soon maybe he should leave and try out for other teams in a lower divison elsewhere as I do not see as future for him in England with these clubs that are mentioned.

Archived