Merry Christmas, Kevan Pipe.

Robert

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by redhat

I thought China has been eliminated in WCQ, as well ...

They have been just like Canada. The two C's, both third world Class soccer managed countries. Both will have to wait another four years and hope for the best of luck and even then with Pipe & the boys I don't feel so lucky. Too bad we don't have soccer teams to cheer for in Canada, even China has a league, for that matter name an other country which doesn't have a national soccer league. If we did, I would not have anything to rant about.

<<Worked with a girl named Frogs straight after I dropped out of high school.

Well worth a lick that one. Alas though, no such luck.>>

Why the hell am I up at this hour on Christmas eve? Oh yeah, staying with relatives in Ottawa and bored. That's it.

Was her name really Frogs? Or just Frog. Besides which, I think it's toads you lick. Well, that and potentially girls named Frog, although they'd have to be hella good looking to get around that name.

My apologies for the delay in responding. A death in the family and Xmas has made all this rather secondary for the last week.

quote:Originally posted by The Beaver

Ted, I think I need to voice some concern here, which you can either dismiss or consider closely. . . . I, for one, had been very excited about being involved, am confident I've got tonnes to offer, but took your quiet Victoria meeting as a sign that the "founders" had already been determined.

I try to be open to considering any reasoned, toughtful post. :)

In regards your particular concern I have to say that I have a different view of how things work. The ONLY "founder" of anything around here that I would ackowledge is Reza. I put my name forward to volunteer to organize one conference to discuss issues of concern to supporters. ANYONE else who put forward their names would be welcome. Heck if ANYONE objected to me trying to do this I would happily step down.

quote:

... with good people and a solid vision, we can accomplish great things for soccer in Canada.

There are many others out there who want to be involved to varying degrees, and I think it is vital for these people to voice their interest right now. ...

Yep, I agree that we have a wealth of talent and experience out there and anyone who could help to make such a conference work should speak up.

I, for my part, am not interested in working with people who abuse other fans. I think whether you have cheered for the MNT from the sidelines or from your couch, once or a hundred times, you have a right to an opinon and a say in the way things are done.

I am too old and too busy to deal with bickering and name calling on this board and within the Voyageurs.

quote:Originally posted by ted

My apologies for the delay in responding. A death in the family and Xmas has made all this rather secondary for the last week.

I try to be open to considering any reasoned, toughtful post. :)

In regards your particular concern I have to say that I have a different view of how things work. The ONLY "founder" of anything around here that I would ackowledge is Reza. I put my name forward to volunteer to organize one conference to discuss issues of concern to supporters. ANYONE else who put forward their names would be welcome. Heck if ANYONE objected to me trying to do this I would happily step down.

Yep, I agree that we have a wealth of talent and experience out there and anyone who could help to make such a conference work should speak up.

I, for my part, am not interested in working with people who abuse other fans. I think whether you have cheered for the MNT from the sidelines or from your couch, once or a hundred times, you have a right to an opinon and a say in the way things are done.

I am too old and too busy to deal with bickering and name calling on this board and within the Voyageurs.

Sorry to hear about your loss. It must be especially difficult at this time of the year.

Maybe our experience can set a precedent for future groundrules. I was wrong and I can't argue this with you. I will not do it again. Where we both agree is that the time to get the ball rolling is now, otherwise we'll have to wait for the next genration. The Province Cup looms closer and closer. Are you going to let a little thing like "hating my gucking futs" keep us apart? Common, show us that picture of happiness. Let's see if anyone can pick-out who's who?

quote:Originally posted by Soju

Robert is mobilizing! Does CSIS know the Voyageurs have a terrorist splinter cell forming within their ranks? You must inform them...

http://www.csis-scrs.gc.ca/eng/operat/ct_e.html

Maybe it's time for Mehrdad to organize another benevolent international match? How sincere was the CSA back then or was it really a cover-up?

quote:Originally posted by ted

Ted, firstly, my condolences to you and your family at this time.

I lost my mum in June and things definitely mean differently ever

since. It's never the same situation as yours, but I sincerely

do understand.

But I also acknowledge your active participation in Canadian soccer,

since you're one of the respected voices in the development of the

CUSL.

I encourage you to continue to work with credible people

like Reza, Jarrek, and GL, who absolutely have no hidden agenda

in seeing our sport go to the next level. They do not like nor

play the blame game.

Despite your unfortunate encounters with some strange individuals

on this board, I sincerely encourage and appreciate your continued