Merry Christmas, Kevan Pipe.

Robert

quote:Originally posted by redhat

Regarding the second post above:

Hopefully Fulham regates and Radzinski gets traded

by Robert

to a respectable club (not owned by some sand-N) team which operates according to FIFA regulations. Death to Fulham!

Posted on Sep 1, 2004, 12:31 AM

from IP address 24.69.255.236

What exactly is a "sand-N" club?

This looks like an abbreviation of sand-[word that starts with 'n' and rhymes with 'bigger] which I have heard used to refer to Arabs.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Robert and Others

Since it is the season to be kind, I'll mention a few positive things about Kevin.

1)Kevin and his financial people have done a good job on the new stadium and field at York.

2) The CSA is not in financial trouble.

3) The new coaching handbook from the CSA is good, and its available to clubs all across Canada for only $4 per copy.

4) Its good the CSA is not trying to bankroll a pro league in Canada. It would lose millions each year, and the finacial repercussion would be that the CSA would not be able to send our national youth teams to training sessions and games abroad. Most of the CSA's money comes from kids dues and it should not all be spent on pro players.

5) Kevin is not resonsible for getting rid of Osieck, who had the best track record of all our mens coaches over time. That was Sharpe's contribution. Where is Osieck now? FIFA gladly hired him to run its technical arm.

6) People keep forgetting that Canada had several freindlies prior to the WCQ. I have not seen anyone mention the friendlies against Millwall and Hearts this summer. Thats where Seroux and Thompson showed well enough to get signed by Millwall.

LMS, even if you are right, it still leaves 5 other reasons to not continually criticize Kevin, even though that is the sarcastic title to this thread.

Its not like Kevin could don a jersey and play for us in the last WCQ, or maybe that was him making those blunders.

quote:Originally posted by analyst

Robert and Others

Since it is the season to be kind, I'll mention a few positive things about Kevin.

I have never had a desire to be politically correct and will always speak my mind regardless of seasons. I thought his name was Kevan.

1)Kevin and his financial people have done a good job on the new stadium and field at York.

That statement means zero. Give us some full financial disclosure in accordance to generally accepted accounting principles as required by the Business Act.

2) The CSA is not in financial trouble.

This always seems to depend on which way the wind is blowing. The CSA has always been suspected of having strong al qaeda ties. Ever since the days of Mehrdad Masoudi, the former Iranian CSA Manager of Communications/Information Services. In the late 1990s, Mr. Masoudi secured funds from Canadian soccer fans at a Men's National Team game under the pretence that these funds were intended for the people of Iran who had suffered a natural disaster. Instead these funds were directly transferred to an al qaeda terrorist training camp in Iran. When before or after this event has the CSA gone to the aid of any other people in the world who have suffered from similar atrocities? Yet Tomasz has to fly economy class, and we can't afford to play international friendlies featuring our MNT in Canada.

3) The new coaching handbook from the CSA is good, and its available to clubs all across Canada for only $4 per copy.

If that book is good you'll love my co-authored best-sellers; "How to treat a Princess" by Dodi al Fayed. And "Sammy bin Laden's not having fun, until your dailing 911" Both out just in time for Xmas.

4) Its good the CSA is not trying to bankroll a pro league in Canada. It would lose millions each year, and the finacial repercussion would be that the CSA would not be able to send our national youth teams to training sessions and games abroad. Most of the CSA's money comes from kids dues and it should not all be spent on pro players.

So what are Kevan and his financial people doing with those millions now?

5) Kevin is not resonsible for getting rid of Osieck, who had the best track record of all our mens coaches over time. That was Sharpe's contribution. Where is Osieck now? FIFA gladly hired him to run its technical arm.

Who hired Sharpe?

6) People keep forgetting that Canada had several freindlies prior to the WCQ. I have not seen anyone mention the friendlies against Millwall and Hearts this summer. Thats where Seroux and Thompson showed well enough to get signed by Millwall.

I thought you were serious.

Robert, I'll repond to a few of your arguments.

1) KP and others from the CSA successfully lobbied the federal government and the Ontario government to contribute to the cost of building the new stadium at York U. The stadium plan is great becasue it doesn't have a track, so its fan friendly.

2) The statement that the CSA is suspected of having Al Quaeda ties is not worth a response.

3) The CSA new coaching booklet is very good. I bought 20 for my club and the technical people and coaches in my club like it and want me to buy more. It is great for coaches of young players, which is its purpose. Its much better and less expensive than the previous material which the CSA was pushing.

4) You wrote "Who hired Sharpe". You seem to be implying that KP hired Sharpe. You and I both know better. KP reports to Sharpe now, and before him to Fleming. If the CSA is failing, then reponsibiity rests at the top, with the Prez, not with a staff person. If you are totally unhappy with the CSA then you may wish to start a Sharpe thread.

Finally, I'll repeat the valid comment that the CSA should not bankroll a Professional league in Canada, because the Pro league would be a financial failure and cost the CSA millions. Most of the CSA funds come from kids dues. The CSA spent money sending two national youth teams to Florida, El Salvador and Mexico this fall. Thats a better use of CSA funds than a Pro league in Canada.

4) You wrote "Who hired Sharpe". You seem to be implying that KP hired Sharpe. You and I both know better. KP reports to Sharpe now, and before him to Fleming. If the CSA is failing, then reponsibiity rests at the top, with the Prez, not with a staff person. If you are totally unhappy with the CSA then you may wish to start a Sharpe thread.

I think it quite naive to think that Pipe is a simple bureaucrat taking his direction solely the President and board. Any CEO who has been around as long as him has built many alliances in various provincial and national; bodies and almost assuredly carries more influence than a recently elected Prez. The CSA is in need of overhaul and that includes it chief operating officer. There are undoubtedly good things that are happening at the CSA, some of them, no doubt, inspired by Pipe, but as a whole the organization has lost its way, IMO, and there needs to a wholesale change in attitude and direction. Perhaps the young Bosnia-Canadian identified in another thread is a testament to that?

The notion that Pipe reports to Sharpe is factually incorrect. Sharpe, and other members of the board, himself has said often that he has very little say or power when it comes to what goes on in the CSA offices. Anyone that has had any dealing with CSA knows that Pipe runs his own fiefdom, technicalities aside.

Analyst, whomever he or she is, does make some correct note of the positives of Pipe. Few here have not said that we should not give credit where credit is due. Pipe has avoided his responsibility by statements, like in the article to Davidson last month, that he has nothing to do with setting or administering the budget, which is laughable. Just as Pipe should garner the few credits to him, so he should be saddled with the inudation of negatives, as he is clearly the sole power in the CSA since the 80's.

Robert, I'll repond to a few of your arguments.

1) KP and others from the CSA successfully lobbied the federal government and the Ontario government to contribute to the cost of building the new stadium at York U. The stadium plan is great becasue it doesn't have a track, so its fan friendly.

2) The statement that the CSA is suspected of having Al Quaeda ties is not worth a response.

3) The CSA new coaching booklet is very good. I bought 20 for my club and the technical people and coaches in my club like it and want me to buy more. It is great for coaches of young players, which is its purpose. Its much better and less expensive than the previous material which the CSA was pushing.

Finally, I'll repeat the valid comment that the CSA should not bankroll a Professional league in Canada, because the Pro league would be a financial failure and cost the CSA millions. Most of the CSA funds come from kids dues. The CSA spent money sending two national youth teams to Florida, El Salvador and Mexico this fall. Thats a better use of CSA funds than a Pro league in Canada.

Is it possible to disclose what you base your analysis on. Is Analyst just a name you selected for yourself based on your nature, or are you privy to the daily affairs of the CSA and in a position to shed light on issues which would otherwise be confidencial and private? What I'm really asking is, are your opinions based on conjecture or fact? I say, Kevan Pipe created the role of Chief Operating Officers for himself to supercede the duties of Secretary. Since the inception of our first Football Association and all the subsequent name changes this body has incurred since then, never has a Secretary of this Association held the dual position of Secretary/COO. Kevan has created an unimpeachable position for himself. Even if Andy Sharpe or any of the previous Presidents had wanted to fire Kevan Pipe, they would have been incapable of doing so. Kevan has never had anyone smarter than himself work for him. Just look at how many pages have been added to the CSA constitution since 1986.

If Sharpe said that he has very little say or power in the CSA, as suggested in an earlier post then he is being just as dishonest as Alfonso Gagliano when he said he didn't have any say in the sponsorship scandal. Gagliano has a better defence than Sharpe, Gagliano was not elected to be Minister of a Department, he was only elected as an MP. Sharpe was elected to be Prez of CSA.

I'm suprised to read that Sharpe would claim to be powerless. I heard Sharpe boast at a BCSA Annual General Meeting how he would get rid of Osieck if the MNT was not more successful. His statement that day did not indicate a lack of power. The subsequent depature of Osieck shows Sharpe has power.

The BCSA's elected board got rid of its CEO mid-way, so the CSA can do the same if Sharpe and Company want to do so. Its naive to assume the elected board and the Prez have no power. Its also naive to assume the CEO acts without being accountable. Maybe the elected board is secretly happy with the way KP is operating but does not want to admit so for fear of not being re-elected.

Its too easy to take shots at paid staff people who can't really defend themselves. If people are really unhappy with the CSA then they should start a Sharpe thread.

But the president is a volunteer position whereas the Ceo is a full time paid position. Further the President is subject to relection where Pipe is not. Pipe has been around a long time and controls the budget process. Who appears in public on major announcements its Mr. Pipe. The president is a figure head. The day to day administration and policy etc. is done by Kevan Pipe. The President may have ideas but it will be Ceo that will implement those ideas and carry them through. The trouble is the President usually only lasts one term and cannot be around to see his ideas go through. So, its hard to terminate someone when u don't know what going on and when u do your no longer there.

If Sharpe said that he has very little say or power in the CSA, as suggested in an earlier post then he is being just as dishonest as Alfonso Gagliano when he said he didn't have any say in the sponsorship scandal. Gagliano has a better defence than Sharpe, Gagliano was not elected to be Minister of a Department, he was only elected as an MP. Sharpe was elected to be Prez of CSA.

I'm suprised to read that Sharpe would claim to be powerless. I heard Sharpe boast at a BCSA Annual General Meeting how he would get rid of Osieck if the MNT was not more successful. His statement that day did not indicate a lack of power. The subsequent depature of Osieck shows Sharpe has power.

The BCSA's elected board got rid of its CEO mid-way, so the CSA can do the same if Sharpe and Company want to do so. Its naive to assume the elected board and the Prez have no power. Its also naive to assume the CEO acts without being accountable. Maybe the elected board is secretly happy with the way KP is operating but does not want to admit so for fear of not being re-elected.

Its too easy to take shots at paid staff people who can't really defend themselves. If people are really unhappy with the CSA then they should start a Sharpe thread.

quote:Originally posted by Robert

This always seems to depend on which way the wind is blowing. The CSA has always been suspected of having strong al qaeda ties. Ever since the days of Mehrdad Masoudi, the former Iranian CSA Manager of Communications/Information Services. In the late 1990s, Mr. Masoudi secured funds from Canadian soccer fans at a Men's National Team game under the pretence that these funds were intended for the people of Iran who had suffered a natural disaster. Instead these funds were directly transferred to an al qaeda terrorist training camp in Iran.

The bud must be extremely strong out there in BC, eh Robert?

A president is only one vote on a board, and while nominally the board oversees the organization, the highest ranking staff member can be more powerful than the Prez ifhe has allies among the board that will keep the Prez and/or Board from doing anyting the CEO doesn't want. Staff also can control a board's general actions as it is they who do the research and make recomendations to the board which, while the board is free to disregard, effectivly shapes policy. Board members often don't have the time to research for themselves - or as the congressmen in Farenheit 911 said - even read the reports. Now I've italicized some words because I am not familiar with the inner workings of the CSA, however logic and experience tells me that an 18 year CEO - I thinks that how long he has been around - almost certainly has ore influence on a board that the chairman/prez, especially when the board does not need the chairman/prez to gain re-election.

Basically I highly doubt that Pipe is some disinterested mandarin selflessly following the boards dictates. But in any event radical change is needed and that necessitates the replacement of Pipe, and most of the board, by definition.

I make a motion, asking all the directors of the CSA who attend this Voyageurs board to hold a secret ballot on this forum. There are ten days left in this current year (2004). That is enough time to find a computer where the IP will not reveal your identity. The question for this secret ballot is;

"Should Kevan Pipe services as Secretary/Chief Operating Officer of the Canadian Soccer Association be retained after December 31st, 2004?"

Vote - No if you decide he should not remain in office.

Vote - Yes if you decide he should stay in office.

quote:This always seems to depend on which way the wind is blowing. The CSA has always been suspected of having strong al qaeda ties. Ever since the days of Mehrdad Masoudi, the former Iranian CSA Manager of Communications/Information Services. In the late 1990s, Mr. Masoudi secured funds from Canadian soccer fans at a Men's National Team game under the pretence that these funds were intended for the people of Iran who had suffered a natural disaster. Instead these funds were directly transferred to an al qaeda terrorist training camp in Iran. When before or after this event has the CSA gone to the aid of any other people in the world who have suffered from similar atrocities? Yet Tomasz has to fly economy class, and we can't afford to play international friendlies featuring our MNT in Canada.

Finally an answer to why everything went wrong at WCQ! The poor referring, strange selection calls, Canada being drawn in the toughest group, injuries at inopportune times, poor venue selection, key players deciding not participate, Radz flying economy, Onstad's dropped balls, Jazic's back pass and the media's refusal to investigate any of this. It is now clear, everything occured as part as a covert CIA counterterrorism campaign to combat al-quadi's North American front organization the CSA. To think all of us Voyageurs who attended games thought we were only seeing a sports event and didn't realize we were participating in a major world political event! Thanks Robert for finally revealing this to us ignorant fans. A book and movie deal can't be far behind.

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

Finally an answer to why everything went wrong at WCQ! The poor referring, strange selection calls, Canada being drawn in the toughest group, injuries at inopportune times, poor venue selection, key players deciding not participate, Radz flying economy, Onstad's dropped balls, Jazic's back pass and the media's refusal to investigate any of this. It is now clear, everything occured as part as a covert CIA counterterrorism campaign to combat al-quadi's North American front organization the CSA. To think all of us Voyageurs who attended games thought we were only seeing a sports event and didn't realize we were participating in a major world political event! Thanks Robert for finally revealing this to us ignorant fans. A book and movie deal can't be far behind.

quote:Originally posted by Robert

You hit the nail right on the head, Grizzly.

You're so deluded that you can't even recognize sarcasm when it smacks you in the face.

At least your stuff is more fun to read than soccerbeat's.

Yes Robert, it's sad but very true. Actually I expect to see terrorists wearing the national men's team kits sometime soon. The more people who buy this jersey the more coins go into the Axis of Evil's coffers. We must never be allowed to win games though, the CSA wouldn't want that. It would shine too much light on their little plan. This will spell certain doom for Canada at the upcoming Goldcup. Don't say me and soccerbeast and Robert didn't warn you.

quote:Originally posted by Soju

Yes Robert, it's sad but very true. Actually I expect to see terrorists wearing the national men's team kits sometime soon. The more people who buy this jersey the more coins go into the Axis of Evil's coffers. We must never be allowed to win games though, the CSA wouldn't want that. It would shine too much light on their little plan. This will spell certain doom for Canada at the upcoming Goldcup. Don't say me and soccerbeast and Robert didn't warn you.

Maybe we could arrange for a COO's exchange. Ahh, what the hell, let's throw the coaches in too. We could use a Dutch mercenary over here. Someone who understands that soccer is war. No on second thought you better forget it. My fellow Voyageurs will get mad at me again for sending poor little Kevan to China. It would be a crime against inhumanity and then I'd have the whole Pipe Clan to deal with. Ahh, it's a blessing the days are short right now, because there ain't alot happening here in Canada's soccerland. The boys are busy checking if there's a Canadian playing for Skunthorpe of all clubs. Yeah that's right, Skunthorpe! He, maybe you know that lady from TO work went to teach ESL in Hong Kong. I hear she had a daughter playing in an U10 league over there. She stands head and shoulders above her team mates. Some guy said she could be the next Christine Sinclaire. Better send Even over to check it out. Ahh the excitement of being a Voyageur.

We currently have no exchange of prisoners agreement with your people, perhaps if you send us over a bottle of your, what's it called..."Maple Syrup", then we can come to some agreement in regards to the Exchange. We will take the man you call "Pipe" and relinquish to you the Dutchman, but only on the condition that you Robert promise to come and teach our people English. We want to talk how you talk, and more importantly, think how you think!

quote:Originally posted by Soju

We currently have no exchange of prisoners agreement with your people, perhaps if you send us over a bottle of your, what's it called..."Maple Syrup", then we can come to some agreement in regards to the Exchange. We will take the man you call "Pipe" and relinquish to you the Dutchman, but only on the condition that you Robert promise to come and teach our people English. We want to talk how you talk, and more importantly, think how you think!

I think a lot got lost in the translation for you. Unlike your great country, we have a rather sticky situation here, in the land of "Maple Syrup", because we do not incarcerate and wimp our people for their beliefs. Yes, mildly outspoken people like myself, must endure some abuse and ridicule subjected upon us by simpletons, but if I appear as a "Fallen Daft Guy" to most of our intelligent Voyageurs, they just shrug their shoulders and shake their heads and think, "Poor Robert". So it is with regret that I need to inform you the man we call "Pipe" can not be imprisoned for his incompetent views. SoJu it is because I value my right to write that I have no desire to visit your beautiful country. We shall continue our search elsewhere for a Dutchman, because we need a modern free-thinking leader, maybe from a more youthful generation like the one which produced coaches like Rijkaard, Gullit, van Basten or Koeman. All the best of luck in World Cup qualification, with our soccer leaders we shall both need it.

Archived