Patrice Bernier doing very well at Tromso

Daniel

Man, I really wish we'd gotten to see some of him in Q's...

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156219

Hi guys, seems like there is not much info on how Patrice is doing here in Tromsø. We bought him for around 80,000 american dollars this summer, and he has been truly amazing.

He plays in the deep midfield (like makelele did for real in his best days).

One of the 2 players in the 4-2-3-1 formation my club is playing. We did OK ang got ourself the 4th place and that made us get into the Royal League (4 best from norway,denmark+sweden), where were not playing well, but its kind of a tournament nobody cares about, first season with testing it and so on.

But over to Patrice. I think he has gotten his wife/gf over to Tromsø (north of the polar-circle, on the "height" of upper-alaska and Tromsø is the northernmost topclub in the world! But the middle-gulf save us! Its cool to think about. We just sold our best prospect, Morten Gamst Pedersen to Blackburn for about 5 million dollars. video of morten on FUTBOL MUNDIAL, telling about the city and the club and so on: www.til.no/fimer/morten.avi , and you can also catch a glimpse of Patrice there.

He is doing tremendously well, never loses the ball, always does the right things, and works like a horse. And the norwegian league is good.

Heard someone on the canadian-football-forum talking about Olivier Occean could be the most expensive player from QB if he would get sold for 1 million dollars to Gent. Our manager says that Patrice is worth at least 3 or 4 millions american dollars, and i agree. He will be sold, i think, in perhaps two seasons, for that kind of price. What a player.

Article saying what patrice is worth: http://www.nordlys.no/sporten/til-magasinet/article1342514.ece

Btw, how is it going with Kevin Harmse and Sita-Taty Matondo? They were both here, Sita for a small time, and Kevin for a rather long spell. He was a great guy off-pitch too. It only lives 60,000 in the town and its "lone" geographicly-wise, its 10 hrs to next big place, so its small

But hey, we make it go around!

Pics:

Patrice in action:

1223.jpg

Stadium Alfheim before match some weeks ago:

1100961874.6911.jpg

Bernier did play the last qualifying game against Guatemala in our only victory, but without the game televised,, haven't heard much about how he performed. With him now in the picture along with Serioux and Grande, there's gonna be a real battle for starting spots in the midfield. Deguzman, Grande, Serioux, Bernier, Simpson, Brennan, Hume (sometimes), Stalteri (sometimes), Atiba (sometimes, although playing well on Defence too). Good to see that our depth chart is finally starting to grow anyways.

quote:Originally posted by kelownaguy

Bernier did play the last qualifying game against Guatemala in our only victory, but without the game televised,, haven't heard much about how he performed.

That's why I specified wishing we'd "seen him" ;). Any word on a tape of that game?

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

That's why I specified wishing we'd "seen him" ;). Any word on a tape of that game?

I here you. I have to admitt the sting of WCQ elimination was still lingering at the time of that game. Therefore, I didn't care as much that the game was not televised. In fact I would have probably chosen not to watch it. But now, I would be somewhat interested as well.

Archived