Stalteri, Devos, Hutchinson

Brennan, Deguzman, Hume

DeRosario

Sure Call-ups:

McKenna, Simpson, Occean, Nsaliwa, Klukowski, Serioux, Sutton

The last three spots are up for grams between

Grande, Imhoff, Bernier, Jazic, Bircham, Radzinski, and Peters

...hopefully Yallop's next lineup won't vary from this too much

I suppose I might as well throw my two cents in. Although I am spending euros these days, so it probably works out to about 3.10234394 cents Canadian.

De Rosario - Occean

Hume

Simpson - De Guzman - Stalteri

Klukowski - De Vos - Nsaliwa - Hutchinson

Hirschfeld

Subs: Sutton, McKenna, Jazic, Brennan (he might start over Simpson), Grande, Serioux, <insert a forward here>

Its amazing when you look at the depth we currently have at all positions but keeper and perhaps central forward (although Nsaliwa's emergence here with Reda's recent signing in Denmark certainly helps) that we are not in the final round and teams like Guatemala, Trinidad and Panama are. You have to think that if this team was properly prepared that it would have gone places. Lets hope we can start building this summer with the Gold Cup, the next two U-20 sides can produce a few more players to put into the mix, a few more A-leaguers get over to Europe, Toronto gets an MLS side, and a starting keeper emerges over the next 3 years (whether one of Hirschfeld or Sutton, or one of the young keepers (Fernandes, Karim, Rayner, Lindley, Wagenaar, Giacomi, or Bergovic)...if so, I think we will have a pretty damn good side in 3 years time.

Team Canada Depth Chart: (all age groups)

Goalkeepers:

1) Lars Hirschfeld

2) Greg Sutton

3) Kenny Stamatopolos

4) Alim Karim

5) Simon Raynor

Left Full Backs

1) Jim Brennan

2) Josh Simpson

3) Mike Klukowski

4) Ante Jazic

5) Maycoll Canizales

Left Centre Backs

1) Jason DeVos

2) Kevin McKenna

3) Gabe Gervais

4) Victor Oppong

5) Nevio Pizzolito

Right Centre Backs

1) Attiba Hutchinson

2) Tam Nsaliwa

3) Marco Reda

4) Mark Watson

5) Mark Rogers

Right Full Backs

1) Paul Stalteri

2) Chris Pozniak

3) Patrice Bernier

4) Daniel Imhof

5) Nik Ledgerwood

Defensive Midfielders

1) Julian DeGuzman

2) Marc Bircham

3) Adrian Serioux

4) Sandro Grande

5) Jason Bent

Attacking Players

1) Iain Hume

2) Olivier Occean

3) Dwayne DeRosario

4) Rob Friend

5) Jamie Peeters

Pretty impressive pool of talent, now consider the manager's choices:

Aside from DeVos and the retired Radzinski and Onstad, all are at the bottom of the depth chart, to be used only in case of emergency!...except of course Hume who was subbed out at a critical moment for a guy who is waaayyyy off the charts.

quote:Originally posted by canso

Team Canada Depth Chart: (all age groups)

Goalkeepers:

1) Lars Hirschfeld

2) Greg Sutton

3) Kenny Stamatopolos

4) Alim Karim

5) Simon Raynor

If Andrew Oliveiri gets a chance to play regularly with the Impact next year he should be a part of this depth chart. The 3 or 4 games he played last year were pretty good.

Hey Daniel can you still smoke and drink at the same time in Quebec? How about the sushi, is it frozen or fresh? Any chance of seasons tickets to see the Impact play?

You still can smoke and drink in Québec, but nobody knows how long that will last.

And sushi is definitely fresh:D

Season tickets for the Impact in 2004 were 200$.

But if you really wanna be one of us be ready for the taxes!!! The Quebecois is the most taxed citizen in North America.

quote:Originally posted by Kurosawa

If Andrew Oliveiri gets a chance to play regularly with the Impact next year he should be a part of this depth chart. The 3 or 4 games he played last year were pretty good.

True about Olivieri, I saw him twice this year and I was very impress. People on this board who saw him last year with the U-23 were also very high on him. I think that next season will be very important for him, he need to find a starting spot somewhere in the A-league, that will help him for sure.

Maycoll Canizales is a striker. You also left Daniel Fernandez off the keeper chart. Prepare to be called a hater in numerous posts (I realize you probably haven't been on the board long enough to understand this joke but his supporters or friends used to troll here and post crazy posts calling everyone Fernandez haters).

Olivieri it is then, #5 on the chart. I've never seen him play, but I have seen Karim and was impressed. "Thunder Dan" has a lot of friends, but I don't believe he even impressed Mitchell enough to make the U-20 bench last time...pencil me in as a hater.

"But if you really wanna be one of us be ready for the taxes!!! The Quebecois is the most taxed citizen in North America."

Damn, running out of options!

Can you even get sushi in Calgary?

Yes, but it is made from raw beef, barley, unrefined crude, all wrapped in a corn husk. But the beer is good: Try Big Rock's various beers.

Canso, aren't you a BC boy?

"But if you really wanna be one of us be ready for the taxes!!! The Quebecois is the most taxed citizen in North America."

Damn, running out of options!

Can you even get sushi in Calgary?

Yes, but it is made from raw beef, barley, unrefined crude, all wrapped in a corn husk. But the beer is good: Try Big Rock's various beers.

Canso, aren't you a BC boy?

Roll out a 3-5-2, with two def. central midfielders to make it more of a 3-2-3-2. A lot of common selections from previous posters.

---------Sutton

--Nsaliwa-DeVos-Klukowski

---Hutchinson-DeGuzman---

-Stalteri---Hume---Peters-

----Occean----DeRosario--

Substitutions: Brennan, Simpson, Reda, McKenna, Hirschfeld, Bernier, and maybe some promising U20 youngster like D. Hughes or Uccello.

I think Hutchinson's best role is as a midfielder rather then a defender. In a midfield role Yallop can make better use of his vision and deft passing. A pretty quick squad that can cover lots of territory and stop the opposition at centre, thereby keeping possession mainly in the opposition's half, well idealy this would happen if the plans went to seed. First sub I'd like to make: Hughes for DeRosario, after DeRo pots yet a second picturesque goal in the 68th minute.

Hey Juaninho,

That's what I like to see, except that I would put Brennan (a natural left-winger) in place of Peters (a 17 year old right-winger). That would be one heck of a midfield to deal with.

As for Hutchinson, I agree with you that he is more of a finesse type player, better suited to play in midfield, rather than on defense (where more grit is required) or on the flank (where more speed is in order).

Good thoughts... Cheers!

I think Yallop may reconsider some players he previously passed up, like Brennan,and Nsaliwa.

My Statring 11

---------------Sutton--------------

-Stalteri-Hutchinson-DeVos-Brennan-

----Hume-Grande-DeGuzman-Simpson---

---------Occean--DeRosario---------

Subs

Lars-Nsaliwa-Gervais-Bernier-Mckenna-Bircham

quote:Originally posted by Timotas

My starting 11 is the exact same as massimo... perfect lineup...except I'd replace Gervais with Serioux

You know what upon further reflection I do have a perfect lineup[B)]

seriously...upon further reflection, I'd remove Gervais as well and put Serioux in as a sub.

Anybody keeping an eye on Andres Arango? He's gonna be a great Roberto Ayala type sweeper for the back three formation now known as "The Juaninho!"

Nope, call it the "El Hombre" or "David C.", as they were the first to go against the 4-at-the-back grain.

If you line up a '66 throwback 4-2-4 or a '54 3-3-4, i'll refer to it as "the canso".

http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Park/8885/wcAllstars.htm

Arango eh? I saw about 4 Lynx games this year and my general impression of the defence was that it stank, making it difficult to focus on one player. Who knows. The 'Medellin Magician' could really blossom next year, forcing the Lynx to sell him to Strasbourg for a tidy profit.

Arango caught my eye, even more than Serioux, in the Lynx games I saw. I had read somewhere on this board he was moving back to Colombia, which makes him the "New Menezes" if it's true!

I do like the 3-5-2 for Canada, and I think there's talent enough to make it work, with Tam and Attiba the key men.

But would you not love to see Brazil playing the 2-3-5 formation again?

----------Dida---

------Juan----Lucio

Cafu----Emerson----Roberto Carlos

Robinho--Ronaldinho--Adriano--Ze Roberto

--------Ronaldo------

Archived