Hello and Help!

Guest Oz

Hi All

Nice country you guys have here, although I've only really seen Vancouver I think I really like it here. I've just got off the boat so to speak in Van having taken up a job at UBC. I've come form england, and after two weeks here I'm really missing the footie. Having webcast radio has helped (me leeds fan, missus is Boro thank god one of us is in Europe). We haven't even bought a telly yet... though we have free Shaw basic cable this can't be upgraded where I live - is there anything that shows English (or any decent) football on this package?

More importantly I've gone from playing footie at work three times a week to not at all, and I'm getting severe withdrawl. I'm unfit but love playing, especially for the crack (laugh), is there anywhere in Van that people know of where I can get a regular kickabout (until the scouts pick me up for the whitecaps - not bloody likely). And a good pub to meet other soccer fans?

Cheers in advance Oz

quote:Originally posted by Oz

Hi All

Nice country you guys have here, although I've only really seen Vancouver I think I really like it here. I've just got off the boat so to speak in Van having taken up a job at UBC. I've come form england, and after two weeks here I'm really missing the footie. Having webcast radio has helped (me leeds fan, missus is Boro thank god one of us is in Europe). We haven't even bought a telly yet... though we have free Shaw basic cable this can't be upgraded where I live - is there anything that shows English (or any decent) football on this package?

Do you get sportsnet west with this package? If you do, they show EPL on Saturday mornings. Also, TSN, which I am pretty sure is part of a basic package, shows some Champions League games. These are normally on the aftenoon that Champs League games occur. Can't help you with kick around issue.

Here's a better place to ask about some kick around footy:

http://p208.ezboard.com/fcanadiansoccersupportersfrm9

Sportsnet Pacific (channel 22) is part of Shaw basic cable, so you are in luck there. You'll get 3 EPL games every Saturday morning starting at 4.30am. Also at 4.00 pm Saturdays and midnight Sunday they cover the Spanish Pimera Liga.

https://secure.shaw.ca/channels/chlistings.asp?selPCode=BC&selCity=773&icbPersist=true&isuSubmit1=submit&ihdProvince=BRITISH+COLUMBIA

Archived