sean fraser

snake

Yes, he is from Edmonton's Mill Woods neighbourhood. A great attacking right wing with incredible speed who was misused by Ongaro in a more defensive role, had to cover too much territory, one end to another, and kept too far back. Maybe not the best dribbler, passer or crosser in the world. Meanwhile, his team just got plugged up in the centre on attack and didn't use him. Edmonton Avs/FC was always the most dangerous when he started an attack on his wing. Canadian born and raised as far as I know, but maybe only B strength so far, who knows under the right direction. Good buddy of Tam Nzsaliwa. Wasn't called by Yallop for the July B camp, as a lot of A-League competition in the league.

Well despite the back-handed compliments from beachesl, he led the Edmonton club in scoring. He is extremely quick and was part of the talent pool for our Olympic team a few years ago till he came down with an injury. I would say he definitely could be looked at for domestic friendlies. Very good attitude as well, from what I have seen of him with the Calgary Storm.

I have played against Sean a number of times in the AMSL and such...oh yes, he is blessed with amazing pace. And at that level, he stands out. He had a stint south of the border in college, and by all accounts played well.

However, there is a massive difference between the AMSL and the A-League...now, consider the next step up. To consider him a MNT prospect isn't fair to Fraser.

To use terms like raw potential when describing a 23+ year old, well, that says it all. At 23, a player needs to be a near-finished project.

So...I wouldn't say that Fraser is a player to be watched or capped, although I would die to have his pace!

We all have opinions. You cannot teach speed and Sean's wheels could be useful. I would like to see him in a B-friendly regardless. You imply there is a massive difference between the A-League and the MNT. I have yet to see it. We have only a few bona-fide internationals in our player pool. I would rather see a young guy with wheels on the bench than some of the choices Yallop made.

Archived