I'm so ashame of Canada

Luis_Rancagua

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by Soju

Luis I'm just curious, are you a student in this school? Because if you're an adult crying in defense of our national team in the face of children, that might not help change the view that Canadian soccer fans are completely nuts.

I happen to be a school teacher. I speak to these children all the time.

Luis many Canadian soccer fans share your frustration. But we adults underestimate the youth as we think they don't know that much. Well, why should young Canadians especially those involved in playing the sport in the rep sysytem support a program which does not even try to give back anything to them. Most of those kids either have had older brothers or friends who tell them the flawed process of selection in the National team program, and they realize they will never have a chance to play for their country not because they are not good enough but the network of politics. These kids may know a lot more than we think. So why bother to support the "Losers" might be not directed to the National team or players per say, but to those who are responsible to promote the game in our country and have over the years taken the easy way out. Next time you talk to your students ask them how would they feel if they truly thought they would be someone scouting their soccer games, and they would be invited to try out for their National team, do you think more kids would be wearing the Canadian Jersey proudly in the mere hope that one day they could be part of Canada's National team? Tell me what are the incentives the club, provincial and National associations are instilling in all those kids who are playing rep soccer, let alone H.L.

Luis many Canadian soccer fans share your frustration. But we adults underestimate the youth as we think they don't know that much. Well, why should young Canadians especially those involved in playing the sport in the rep sysytem support a program which does not even try to give back anything to them. Most of those kids either have had older brothers or friends who tell them the flawed process of selection in the National team program, and they realize they will never have a chance to play for their country not because they are not good enough but the network of politics. These kids may know a lot more than we think. So why bother to support the "Losers" might be not directed to the National team or players per say, but to those who are responsible to promote the game in our country and have over the years taken the easy way out. Next time you talk to your students ask them how would they feel if they truly thought they would be someone scouting their soccer games, and they would be invited to try out for their National team, do you think more kids would be wearing the Canadian Jersey proudly in the mere hope that one day they could be part of Canada's National team? Tell me what are the incentives the club, provincial and National associations are instilling in all those kids who are playing rep soccer, let alone H.L.

quote:Originally posted by Luis_Rancagua

Of course I cried. These kids 13-14 years old were trash talking Canada's National team.

Luis, I for one thinks it's absolutely fantastic that you're going back to High School at your age. Takes a lot of guts, especially when you have to deal with bullies like you described. They made you cry?!? Luis, next time a bully hurts your feelings or makes it feel "wrong", please tell an adult. Bullying is not acceptable.

Are you filming this important step in your life? This could turn out to be even funnier than Billy Madison. Remember when Billy got bullied? He stuck it to those O'Doyle's by having them run off a cliff in their car. Just a thought. It worked for Billy.

For those wondering about Luis' existence he did post a picture a few years ago of himself at a Blizzards game. I think it was on the old board. Has anyone actually met Luis? Gianluca told me in Kingston he didn't know anyone who had met Luis. Luis why haven't you attended the MNT games in Kingston or any of the Lynx games in Toronto where you could meet some of your fellow Voyageurs?

Well, if he DOES teach highschool, then I'd assume he doesn't teach language arts or English lit or Writing or anything else along those lines. I know it isn't too, too tough to get one's teaching credentials, but it must be tough enough to weed out individuals who can barely form intelligible soccer-fan-site posts.

Fictional or not, I feel for Luis. I hope he understands why he's getting the rough treatment from us. Or, perhaps he's just a silly fellow. [:o)]

Well Australia has similar problems as Canada but seemingly it has been fixed with a new sporting organisation and a new league. Perth and Adelaide previously got the largest crowds in the old comp, but they are expecting 10,000 a match in the new league...although most teams will get higher then thi

We have the same problems attracting fans...originally called wog ball...people are more attracted to Australian Rules Football, Rugby Union and Rugby League and cricket.

We have not been to a World Cup for many years, but the nation totally embraced the last World Cup and soccer/football is coming of its age now we have a new organisation running Australian football.

If Australia can do it so can Canada...Never been to Canada but Australia is very similar to Canada... we don't all support USA's puppet John Howard.

Good luck in the future for football in the nation, you will get to were Australia is at the moment, it involves much heartache and tribulations.

Thank's for the support, dude.

Hey what is the temperature there right now? and how much snow is on the ground? How much snow did you get last winter (Jun-Sept)?

As long as most Canadians have to hide inside for 6 months a year, it's tough o conpare the two (sportwise).

PS I love hanging out with Aussies when I travel, and I really miss Aussie Rules Football.

Guest Georgio

Luis,

Tell us more about your crying incident. Did you break down in front of your students or did you leave the room and wail away. Did any of your students hold and comfort you in this time of deep dispair?

Also, are you a spanish teacher or something?

quote:Originally posted by Georgio

Luis,

Tell us more about your crying incident. Did you break down in front of your students or did you leave the room and wail away. Did any of your students hold and comfort you in this time of deep dispair?

Also, are you a spanish teacher or something?

I teach Spanish. I was previously working at CIBC. I left the corporate world because of the turbulence of the markets. And yes!!!! I was a former grave digger during my university years. This is how I got the name Luis Rancagua. By the way, I've already met Gianluca once before. He didn't realise it. That's because I introduced myself under my real name. All I could remember from Gianluca was that he was the fellow wearing spectacles, and if I am correct he is a lawyer (graduate from Queens University Law School). I love playing the mystery man with all you freaking guys. It turns me-on. I also sat next to Ultras at 2 Lynx games. They never realise it that I was there.:D

Luis, while i'd be the first to admit Canada performed poorly at this wcq attempt it's a bit harsh to say you're ashamed of Canada. lets put the blame where it belongs at the managers door frank Yallop should not have been given the job to begin with, being a manager at an MlS team isnot the experience for leading the national team.Andwe were pretty

weak in the goaltending department until Frank putLars in and guess what we won!!! Kids willwear the Canadian jersey when thereissomethingtobe proud of,right now the national teamprogram is in a real mess with no short term solution upcoming. The CSA say they aregoingto stick with Frank as managerso there you go. Don'tgiveup Luis it can't getant worse can it?

Truenorth, I absolutely could not disagree more with you. I don't know how much Canadian soccer you've watched over the past decade but the first game aside against Guatemala, I think the team played aggresive (very rare for a Canadian team) and pretty well for Frank once they began to gel as a team. Notice how I said, "once they began to gel" , meaning in my opinion, the blame goes on the CSA for not arranging any quality friendlies (Belize and San Jose don't count) before qualifying began to get the team used to playing together under a brand new coach. And when are people gonna stop crying about Lars not playing goal during the qualifying tourney??,,, yes he did get a clean sheet in a meaningless game where it sounds the whole team played great, but the facts are he was riding the pine as a backup goalie in Scotland all season and when he did get his chance to shine he gave up something like 7 or 8 goals in his 2 starts, this is Scotland remember, not England or Germany. Lars was not on top of his game at all and was not playing any first team football either when qualifying began, there is no way you could start him. The only other options were an unknown A-league goalie to Frank in Sutton, and a goalie from MLS that had won him a championship in Onstad. Of course with limited time and no real friendlies Frank would choose the goalie he's been through the wars with that won him a championship. I'm not an Onstad fan, nor am I a Lars fan until he proves he can play first team football in a quality league (I'm sure theres a good reason why he's not sticking on with all these clubs he's had trials and loans with) I think we got spoiled with a world calibre goalie in Forrest, and have had no one that can fill his shoes since he retired, the goalie position is a huge weakspot on our roster now and hopefully Sutton or one of these youngsters can step up.

Archived