Voyageurs spotted at the Grey cup

Free kick

Quite a surprise this morning to turn to page 3 of the Toronto Star and see photos of fans at the Grey Cup. Not one but two Voyageurs were pictured. The caption indentifies Sean Keay in one photo but in the other photo with five guys shown dressed as 19th century Scandinavian women, I spotted Mimglow.

Actually, despite the comments, that beer was in game stuff. I think its worth noting that the Canadian was significantly higher quality than what was being drank at our fine hotel room at the Crowne Plaza

pbr.jpg

Yeah, I get to Ottawa Friday night and find out my brother went super discount at the beer store. Going to the Grey cup though was an absolutely phenomenal, made even better by the fact that my team won :D. But the whole weekend, a non-stop party. I'm sure anyone whose been there can tell you how great it is.

BTW, Who here has been to a Grey Cup before?

Actually, despite the comments, that beer was in game stuff. I think its worth noting that the Canadian was significantly higher quality than what was being drank at our fine hotel room at the Crowne Plaza

pbr.jpg

Yeah, I get to Ottawa Friday night and find out my brother went super discount at the beer store. Going to the Grey cup though was an absolutely phenomenal, made even better by the fact that my team won :D. But the whole weekend, a non-stop party. I'm sure anyone whose been there can tell you how great it is.

quote:Originally posted by Ryan Keay

pbr.jpg

"Heineken? F*ck that sh!t! Pabst Blue Ribbon! "

I've been to two Grey Cups. The party is always amazing and last year was just amazing period all the way around.

cheers,

matthew

quote:Originally posted by Ryan Keay

pbr.jpg

"Heineken? F*ck that sh!t! Pabst Blue Ribbon! "

I've been to two Grey Cups. The party is always amazing and last year was just amazing period all the way around.

cheers,

matthew

To be quite honest during that last beer strike when the major beers (meaning awful) ran low they filled the liquor stores here with Pabst blue ribbon. When the strike ended they had to sell it cheap $5.99 for six. I couldn;t pass up a deal and I must say that I liked Pabst better than Molson Canadian.

Yes, I have been to one Grey Cup game before, 1987 in Vancouver when Edmonton was playing Toronto. It will suprise many here to know I was cheering for Toronto much to the dismay of the friend I went with, who thought I was going to get us killed. As usual the team I was rooting for lost.

You even made the papers in Calgary, although sans toungue and beer (as the Herald would never condone that kind of thing). That photographer must have made a fortune on the wire.

But come on... really... how much fun could you have had without getting arrested?[^]

Gotta agree with K. on beer choice. I'm a champion beer drinker, but the only beers I can't drink (a lot of) is Canadian, Budweiser and anything from Big Rock.

quote:Originally posted by Current Champ

You even made the papers in Calgary, although sans toungue and beer (as the Herald would never condone that kind of thing). That photographer must have made a fortune on the wire.

Hey the people I know at the Herald are into both tongue and beer. Sadly most shooters don't make any money based on who picks up their stuff and for someone like Ryan Remiorz he's a CP staffer so he was on salary anyway.

Sorry Sean, you didn't make the Moose Jaw paper. I know yr crushed.

cheers,

matthew

Archived