Reda update.....

Winnipeg Fury

Sogndal have issued a statement that says Marco Reda will not be returning to the club and will be playing in another country.

Sogndal have wished him the best of luck and stated that he is still welcome to play with Sogndal if things don't work out.

Reda is rumoured to be going on trial at Danish giant, Aalborg. 

Aalborg is not a rumour, Marco Reda will show up for a trial beginning tomorrow, thursday. This according to the club's own website, http://www.aabsport.dk/5F99858C-64A0-4D17-B26F-6330E889794F.W5Doc?id=0823690E-DA04-4C3E-8BBA-20445228D1FF . AAlborg is presently 6th in the 12 team danish premier division called SAS-ligen. Unlike Norway and Sweden, they play the regular european season in Denmark and are almost half-way now.

I'm not sure of the exact date, but either Reda's contract with Sogndal already has finished or will finish within days. He had an offer from Sogndal for a renewed contract but decided to decline. Anyway, I don't think he'll be able to sign a deal in time for league play in Denmark this year - the last playday is in the end of november and then the danish league will have a midseason winter break over december, january and february.

It is also said in Norway that "several clubs" are interested in Reda. I've seen swedish Landskrona BoIS commenting on Reda (though he seemed to be their second choice for a new stopper) and an unsubstantiated rumour about norwegian Odd Grenland.

Archived