Barcelona vs Real Madrid

argh1

I was going through this weekends TV games. Ya know should I tape this or should I tape that ? Habit tells me the one EPL game and Le Ligue 1 , I have a soft spot for Man City away at Portsmouth and Marseilles is away at Ajaccio on the tube maybe coupled with Liverpool away to Middlesboro and then wham Barcelona vs Real Madrid on RSN 5pm my time according to soccertv.com.

Gotta be the game of the weekend. Mind made up.

EDIT:

I forgot to add the internet game of the week is Leeds vs QPR ;)

quote:Originally posted by argh1

wham Barcelona vs Real Madrid on RSN 5pm my time according to soccertv.com.

Gotta be the game of the weekend. Mind made up.

That's an understatement. Actually worldwide and objectively speaking its the biggest game since July at least. I'm pretty sure Madrid will win. Maybe we'll see a pig's head thrown at Figo again (although a horse's head would probably be more appropriate).

I heard that there was a TV dispute that might cause much of Spain to miss this game. I wonder if this will have any affect on the coverage over here!?

quote:Originally posted by heevanee

i am living in calgary and i would like to know which channels Barcelona vs Real Madrid will be live and also a good channel i can watch Spanish Primera Liga live... i am new to this city and i am looking for cable TV.

Thanks

TV listings on regular, cable, digital and payperview can be looked at (although sometimes inaccurate) for a week and a half in the future, at:

http://www.soccertv.com/canada.cfm

Barca/Real:

Sat Nov 20 01:00PM Pacific

Sat Nov 20 02:00PM Mountain

Sat Nov 20 03:00PM Central

Sat Nov 20 04:00PM Eastern

Sat Nov 20 05:00PM Atlantic

Sat Nov 20 05:30PM Newfoundland

Length: 2 hr LIVE

Rogers Sportsnet - East (Quebec, Atlantic Provinces) - Canada

Futbol de Espana - La Liga

Barcelona vs Real Madrid

Rogers Sportsnet - Pacific (British Columbia, Yukon) - Canada

Barcelona vs Real Madrid

Rogers Sportsnet - West (Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, NT) - Canada

Barcelona vs Real Madrid

This means you can get it live in Calgary at 2:00 pm Saturday afternoon on basic cable, Rodgers Sportsnet.

If you are in Ontario, you need digital tv (or go to a bar that has it) to get it live on one of the other three Sportsnet channels, as the Ontario Rodgers channel has it two hours delayed ( 2 am Sunday morning!). They move non-availabilty around (supposedly to offer other programming, but in fact to promote digital service). Sucks eh?[xx(]

Sat Nov 20 11:00PM Pacific

Sun Nov 21 12:00AM Mountain

Sun Nov 21 01:00AM Central

Sun Nov 21 02:00AM Eastern

Sun Nov 21 03:00AM Atlantic

Sun Nov 21 03:30AM Newfoundland

Length: 2 hr SDD

Rogers Sportsnet - Ontario - Canada

Barcelona vs Real Madrid

To check Sportsnet broadcast schedule on Alberta time (basic cable is Sporstent West, third from left, in Orange):

http://www2.sportsnet.ca/tvschedule/index.php?region=west

heevanee, since you are a la liga fan (español o latino, amigo?), you should also know that Malaga v Valencia (mi favorito) will be on at 1:00 am Monday morning (2 hour delay) in Alberta basic cable, Sportsnet West. Tape it if you got a vcr.

Fox Sports World Canada (extra cost for this service on cable) used to cover la liga fairly well, but they cut back, and now Sportsnet seems to cover at least one match a weekend, though sometimes you need digital to get it live or sometimes at all.

Good article on "el classico"

http://sport.independent.co.uk/football/european/story.jsp?story=584743

While we are waiting for Jeffrey, the man, to answer, I can throw in my two cents worth, and say that generally the Spanish prefer night matches (Sunday evening while supper, which is eaten around 9 to 10 pm, is cooking is the traditional time for matches). However, the biggest reason for this particular match is money, the television audience in the Americas during siesta, morning in East Asia, late night viewing in Europe when the other matches are being digested. Thanks to tv, "El Classico" is the global derby.

3-0 Barcelona barnstorm.

A fun read, if rather exaggerated:

Madrid the puppets in Barca's hands

Real's aging stars shown up by youth and hunger at Camp Nou

http://football.guardian.co.uk/continental/story/0,8018,1357078,00.html

quote:

Last summer, Madrid passed up the genius of Ronaldinho because, as one (fortunately anonymous) director put it, "he's too ugly; he'd sink us as a brand, while David Beckham makes the whole of Asia want to sleep with us."

Archived