Southsiders Section-Season Tickets

Vancouver Fan

Any Whitecaps fans wanting to stand and sing with the Southsiders in 2005 should add their name to the list for season tickets.If enough interest is shown for the season tickets the Whitecaps orginization would be willing to give the Southsiders their own section.The season ticket would offer a substantial saving and an opportunity to receive rebates to begin a Southsider fund.

The money from the fund would go towards flags or banners.

The section would be within the South endzone.Probably a large bleacher with fencing around it and signs to idntify it as Southsiders ticket holders only.

It is only an idea at the moment.The interst has to be their before this becomes a reality.

Go to the Southsider Discussion board to sign up.

quote:Originally posted by G-Man

I'm moving out to BC in the spring. Can't wait to join this party!!

Can I put you down on the list for season tickets?

The meeting with Whitecaps management is on Thursday night.Myself,Footy,snake,Iain Canada,and Johnnie Monster will be in attendance.Krammerhead might make an appearance too.

Hopefully we can get something accomplished.The Caps are paying for the bar tab as well.[8D]

I think this is a great move by the Whitecaps. From my impression of Krammerhead's posts, the Southsiders were more of a persecuted unwanted minority than appreciated fans for many years. The Southsider type of atmosphere is what will attract fans to the games and set soccer apart from many other sport events. Set aside a section for people who want to support the team in this way and those fans who don't appreciate it can sit elsewhere. Most European teams also have sections where the ultras stand and other sections where the more sedate fans sit. The Renegades and Rough Riders before them always had the South Side Upper Deck as the rowdy section which also made it one of the few sporting events in Canada I have attended that had some atmosphere comparable to Europe. Everyone in Ottawa knows what the section is like and there are plenty of other places to sit if that is not your taste. Even the absolutely incompetent Riders management was smart enough to promote the wild atmosphere of this section. Good on the Caps for the change in heart and I am sure a few Toronto Ultras would appreciate a similar change in attitude from the Lynx.

Archived