Issey Farran Morgan Nakajima

jordan

Albirex Nigata has a english section to there website now and he is listed as there number 9 there is even a picture of him.

http://www.albirex.com.sg/eng/teaminfo/players.htm

Going through the game sheets he also appears to have scored 12 goals as a midfielder.

Taken from an article

And how could we resist approaching 19-year-old Issey, who has a Canadian father and Japanese mother?

Issey who spent his childhood in the UK, has played for English teams too, and spoke in a distinctive British accent.

and from another part

He is ambitious too. He has set his sights on playing in a top European league.

The CSA should have an active recruiting approach to unearthing talented individuals across the globe with Canadian connections. It's worked wonders for Eire and their "who's got an Irish granny" call to arms, they even snapped up McGeady recently who was three generations born in Glasgow, although Scotland's a tough sell at the moment! #77 in the FIFA rankings and falling fast.

Other than Marc Bircham, I don't recall another obscure Canadian of that sort being approached.

quote:Originally posted by canso

Other than Marc Bircham, I don't recall another obscure Canadian of that sort being approached.

Oh really? How about Marcel de Jong? How about Terry Dunfield?

How about Tony Menezes? As much as I haven't been too impressed with the CSA, I can't fault them about scouting arms-length Canadians in the past.

They are pretty open about these things and they do look into it.

Have you heard about Joey Torchia? The board raved about this guy

years ago ... :D

As much as it is worth looking at every possibility, we shouldn't overlook the fact that he is playing in the Singapore League, not even one of the strongest Asian leagues and probably well below A-league level. At this point it would probably be more prudent and cost effective to look at 19 year olds who are excelling in the A-league. If he transfers to a stronger league in the future we could give him a look then.

quote:Originally posted by Grizzly

As much as it is worth looking at every possibility, we shouldn't overlook the fact that he is playing in the Singapore League, not even one of the strongest Asian leagues and probably well below A-league level. At this point it would probably be more prudent and cost effective to look at 19 year olds who are excelling in the A-league. If he transfers to a stronger league in the future we could give him a look then.

After a few minutes of scratching my head with my mouth open...I did realize (as was already said)that this is not the Albirex Niigata of the top flight J-League. Without question, that would have been a MAJOR find to hear about a half-Canadian kid scoring that many goals in the J-League...S-League, though, I am inclined to agree with Grizzly. If J-League is within spitting distance in comparison to MLS and J2 is comparable to the mid-stronger A-League teams (which I firmly believe)..then one can only wonder how the S-League would rate.

quote:Originally posted by redhat

How about Tony Menezes? As much as I haven't been too impressed with the CSA, I can't fault them about scouting arms-length Canadians in the past.

Add to your list Tomek Charowski who's playing at Duke University. This is a Polish-born kid whose family essentially had a cup of coffee in Halifax before settling in the US.

How about Tony Menezes?

I'm not too sure about De Jong, but I know that both Menezes and Dunfield lived in Canada until they were about 13 or so (Dunfield left specifically for soccer, as he signed schoolboy papers with Man City at age 13). I think Dunfied's parents may still live in BC.

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

I'm not too sure about De Jong, but I know that both Menezes and Dunfield lived in Canada until they were about 13 or so (Dunfield left specifically for soccer, as he signed schoolboy papers with Man City at age 13). I think Dunfied's parents may still live in BC.

Both Menezes and De Jong were born or lived in Canada and went

back. Once the CSA was alerted, they looked into it and pursued.

The assumption that it's easy to follow all possible players'

ancestry is ludicrous. Luck and inside info also play into it.

You're right about Dunfield, but he could have easily chosen

playing for England as well without the CSA. And as much as

I dislike a lot of CSA stuff, I'm not going to bash them for

stuff they should get credit for either.

As for Mr. Nakajima, I offer two words: Joey Torchia ...:D

• 3 weeks later...

Hello people...

Regarding the topic of Issey Nakajima....hmmmm, im fr Singapore and i dont know much abt canadian soccer, But our Singapore league is not that bad!! At least it's a stepping stone for Issey to jumpstart his soccer career.He's a great player and i had the pleasure of watching him played when he was in Singapore. He's a great guy too..i kinda know him..The team Albirex Niigata Singapore Issey was playing is like a feeder team.Albirex Niigata Japan Fc is currently in J-league(J-1) after being promoted fr J-2 last year.Well if u guys want to know more abt Issey u can go to his personal website..I'll let him know that u guys mentioned him on this forum..

Babydunkie

• 11 months later...

Actually, Terry Dunfield played his youth soccer in Vancouver for many years.

• 6 months later...
Guest xphosis

Just to inform you guys

Issey Farran Morgan Nakajima now plies his trade at Denmark's Vejle Boldklub, having played 12 games and scored 7 goals and is the club's 3rd top scorers....

Apparently he is doing well in this danish club who grooms stars like Allan Simonsen and Thomas Gravesen.... The club is posied to get get promoted to Daniesh Superliga

We are watching...very closely in fact...any chance you can ask him if he would ever play for Canada? (Actually, I would be surprised if a poster like Jeffrey hasn't already done so) We just lost our manager and it would be the perfect time to bring in a long list of new faces. Don't see him likely to be called into the Japanese squad (they are fairly deep and have a natural tendency towards J-leaguers. They also have a brilliant guy of mixed Japanese-British descent in Cullen who hasn't got into the senior squad yet despite ripping up the J-League last year, so Farran would have to get in line).

Or we could just not contact him until he is a really big star and Denmark or some other country where he plies his trade decides to cap him.:>

Archived