Put the National team on Hold for a While

soccerbeast

quote:Originally posted by canso

Paul James was in charge at the embarassment of WYC 2001, the team had great talent but they got hammered every game, looked unprepared and disorganized and with no confidence.

Dale Mitchell on the other hand did a great job at WYC 2003 with a team of lesser talents, shaped them into a side that was hard to beat and never let them get their heads down, even when they lost their first two games and went behind against Spain in the QFs.

Mitchell should take over the MNT, his work with that generation would give us some consistency and an effective style that actually works. Given the senior side has nothing to do until 2008 anyways, let him run both programs and give Frankie the chance to work on his MLS project full time.(unpaid work that is)

Paul James was in charge of the embarassment of WYC 2001? and what would you call Frank Yallop's tour of duty with the national side,

a roaring success?

Paul James was in charge of the 2001 U20 team in Argentina. Even with a team

with Atiba, Hume, Tam, Klukowski, Pozniak, Julian De Guzman, Wyn Belotte, and

Terry Dunfield, here are the results:

Canada 0, Iraq 3

Canada 0, Germany 4

Canada 0, Brazil 3

We really sucked and I believe that anyone advocating Paul James as the next

MNT coach forgot this glaring record and is delusionary.

Give Yallop at least after the Gold Cup. As for anyone thinking that "no one"

wants to play Canada, that's not true. Many teams preparing for WC 2006 may

want to; it's just that scheduling and "club vs. country issues" may come up.

quote:Originally posted by DoyleG

Yallop got points and Yallop got goals. We were screwed out of two wins.

James got ****ing squat in '01.

We didn't get screwed, stop making excuses,although thats part of being a Canadian supporter isn't it? The team sucked big time,poor leadership from the manager and the so called "star" players on the squad. Yallop didn't get wins,he didn't get enough points & goals,

which equals ..........total failure. Fire his ass now:(

A lot of you are judging Frank Yallop too early. The guy is doing the best he can in a difficult situation. I mean, no canadian league, hardly any coverage in the media, total disinterest of the general public, lack of preparation time, a huge history of failure in terms of World Cup Qualifications...

Did you really think when they hired him that all that would change just like that??? I say let him coach until the Gold Cup, see how he prepares the national team for the competition, see how we do there and then judge his work.

quote:Originally posted by Kurosawa

A lot of you are judging Frank Yallop too early. The guy is doing the best he can in a difficult situation. I mean, no canadian league, hardly any coverage in the media, total disinterest of the general public, lack of preparation time, a huge history of failure in terms of World Cup Qualifications...

I'm not trying to speak for others, but it seems like it's mostly just the likes of mexico86/soccerbeast that want Frank out right away.

I agree with you re. the Gold Cup. I'm looking forward to it to see what he does and if he's learned anything from WCQ. I think it will be very telling.

Archived