Soccer Stadiums In Canada

TOareaFan

Pondside Stadium, home of Perth FC, Perth, Ontario. Permanent Attendence, 950, standing terraces only (except for temporary barges, which have expanded capacity with barges to a total of record of 1,342 for the Canadian Shield Cup Final of 1983). Needs some maitenace.

soccrrfild.jpg

quote:Originally posted by TOareaFan

I was thinking the same thing about the back row....if you lean back you might just find yourself tumbling off!

I drove by it again last night. There is now a wider platform behind the last row of seats for what would appear to be some other purpose such as VIP boxes. Either way, nobody has to sit right at the back now.

Those things are awesome though!

db

quote:Originally posted by hottoddy7

I live in St.John's and from what I understand they are looking at a capacity of around 7000 to 8000 at the renovated King George. I can't wait perhaps with the new pitch more seating shorter flights and a 95% pro canadian crowd we could get some internationals.

Are there firm plans? That would be a nice sized stadium for soccer.

quote:Originally posted by beachesl

Pondside Stadium, home of Perth FC, Perth, Ontario. Permanent Attendence, 950, standing terraces only (except for temporary barges, which have expanded capacity with barges to a total of record of 1,342 for the Canadian Shield Cup Final of 1983). Needs some maitenace.

That is very funny....but sad in a way --- reminds of some fields I actually played on in my youth.

Archived