Voyageurs Colours

ted

quote:Originally posted by SABuffalo786

Just a piss take boys, nothing meant by it. [|)]

Hey, I know. I was only commenting on the historical aspects that beachesl mentioned. (I admit I'm sensitive to the issue because I used to volunteer at a museum on an 1812 battle site, and regularly got into arguments from tourists of both nationalities.)

We were taking it as read that you were being an arrogant American jerk! :D

Now stop using facts against us, like pics of your national team wearing red, and we'll all get along fine.

Cheers,

M@

quote:Originally posted by Current Champ

As for me I will continue to wear my Huddersfield Town Jersey until it is ripperd off my back by a crazed group of Bush-supporters in a broken bottle fight. They made fun of me in Burnaby but whatever...

...and so will al the hoty babes.

chrisbedson.jpg

quote:Originally posted by SABuffalo786

Yup, we have. 1975, right smack dab in the middle of the Cold War to boot. Maybe that's why the national team wasn't very popular back then. :D

AND in 2001 World Cup Qualifying, our away shirt was red

I acknoledged the all-red Nikes of the late 90s and the red/white combos/denim with red shorts of USA94. I had no idea on the 70s. Maybe the 'no red' USSF pres was a reaction to those 70s reds?

I was thinking of these:

WC90_007.jpg

from the 80s and these newer ones

usa0327mathis.jpg

What did they wear in the 60s (off-topic, but what the heck I'm curious). In 77 or so when they got killed by France, they were wearing white and blue I believe.

cheers,

matthew

This is all a bunch of crap. My comment on the other board is that Voyageurs should all wear red at games. If you've ever seen a Dutch crowd, and you all have, then the logic of this should be obvious.

I don't really care if people like their white jersey, or their black one. Too bad. Wear red, and get with the programme. If the so-called fanatics here can't agree on something this simple, no wonder we can't get much going in this country.

Secondly, I also don't care what other countries wear. If we're playing Latinos in blue, great. If we're playing the U.S., I could care less what their fans wear. Firstly, nobody in Canada except us has ever heard of Sam's Army, or have a clue that they wear red. Secondly, their national colour is blue, not red. Thirdly, on our turf, any group of fans in red waving the maple leaf isn't going to be confused for anything other than what they are. What other nations do should have NO BEARING on what we do, whatsoever. If U.S. fans come into our park wearing red, they will be mistaken for Canadian fans, not the other way around, when the camera pans past them.

And I agree with whoever said that white isn't a colour. He's right, it isn't, especially given how many people wear white t-shirts all day. Red is, and it's ours, and surely something as simple as this should be easy enough for people who claim to be fanatics.

Cheers. No offence Ted, just being "definite" in my opinions!

quote:I don't really care if people like their white jersey, or their black one. Too bad. Wear red, and get with the programme. If the so-called fanatics here can't agree on something this simple, no wonder we can't get much going in this country.

I'd have to agree with you. Every hard core supporter of the Canadian Nats should have a red shirt or jersey at National games.

Could be a next project for the Voyageurs ... red shirts with our logo ...

Wow, this is perhaps the oddest thread I've ever seen here. SoccerBeast hasn't even weighed in yet--my god. (Of course, he doesn't rear his ugly mug unless Yallop's name is invoked.)

I think for our purposes here, we should wear red or white or red and white. Even if white isn't a colour, who gives a ****. The Voyageurs will do what they will do. Fair enough.

However, I think it would be a great idea to get the masses to wear mostly red--with the odd bit of white--and I hope to play a role in getting our "other" fans to wear our colours proudly. Hey, if white isn't a colour, then as a caucasian, am I a "Person of No-Colour"? Damn, I'm not sure if this cracker can handle that.[V]

quote:Originally posted by Jarrek

Hey Jarrek, sounds like a great idea. Red Voyageurs shirts with

the crest or a central design. Cool.

Is possible for you or anyone to price them out? I also noticed on

the home page that a "store" link is still under construction, and

maybe now, some merchandise...

Archived