Arsenal vs. Manchester United [R]

MisterP

Hey everybody. I'm an Arsenal fan (season ticket holder normally) who has just got out to Vancouver and will be spending a full year out here working away from my beloved gooners. I was just wondering how possible it's going to be for me to see games out here - i've certainly been given the impression games are shown a lot here, but can anyone reccomend me good bars where they show the games. Specifically does anyone know anywhere where I can definitely see the game against Man Utd this Sunday? Ideally somewhere with like-minded Arsenal fans, but I'll take anything so long as I get to see the game!

Hey, theys newbies, give 'em some slack.

timings (how's that for using britfriendly terms):

Sun Oct 24 08:00AM Pacific

Sun Oct 24 09:00AM Mountain

Sun Oct 24 10:00AM Central

Sun Oct 24 11:00AM Eastern

Sun Oct 24 12:00PM Atlantic

Sun Oct 24 12:30PM Newfoundland

Length: 2 hr LIVE

Pay-per-view - CANADA

English Premier League

Manchester United vs Arsenal

quote:Originally posted by beachesl

Hey, theys newbies, give 'em some slack.

Yes, that's why I haven't done anything... yet.

The thing is, if newbies are always given slack then things fall apart for the regulars, and really the regulars should be given priority (especially when the newbies are here to ask questions on non-Canadian soccer and then disappear). I really hate multiple threads on the same topic.

Apologies for starting a new thread - i was in an internet cafe in a rush at the time and failed to notice that basically exactly the same thread had already been started below. That said thanks for all the help, any who plan on being there should see me in the Dover Arms on Sunday morning (and English Bay is beautiful).

I do indeed hope to catch some Whitecaps games when the season comes around - what's the quality like?

quote:Originally posted by MisterP

Also, on a completely unrelated topic, what's the situation with amateur soccer out here - do you have weekend leagues of some sort? I'm dying for a good game of football, I haven't played in ages!

Well not being familiar with VanCity's weather except I hear it's wet .

But it's the end of October so in the Canada I know we play shovel the driveway , salt the walk , talk some-one else into starting the car and my all time favourite peek out the front window to see if the plow passed by at night while the coffee is perking and checking the weather channel to see how many layers of clothes to wear to-day .

Have you ever played soccer in a gym . All to start in 4-6 weeks .

Welcome to Canada yoh-hohoho de yoh-hoho. THE GREAT WHITE NORTH.

No 'bout a doubt it freezing rain and black ice in November is great indoor soccer weather. [}:)]

But then again where I live only 4 months out of 12 does the average temperature go above 10 degrees celsius , and the average yearly snowfall is over 300 cm [}:)]

Oh yeah it must be wet in Vancouver . I just checked Environment Canada . Yearly percipation is almost 1000 mm higher than my home town yearly. It just doesn't come as snow.

We've had fairly dry winters the last couple of years.Warm too.Expect a couple of snowfalls,no more than 10 cms or so lasting a day or 2.

The Vancouver Metro league actually have Whitecaps players past and present playing on various teams representing such areas as Vancouver,Surrey,Burnaby,Richmond,Coquitlam.It's calibre is not all that bad.These players are some of the best local talent you would find.The league has a web site that would show you the schedule and fields(sorry,too lazy to post it).The league runs through the fall,winter and spring.

Well the weather seems alright so far - not exactly used to the best back home anyway.

Checked out the Dover Arms but they apparently won't be showing tomorrow's game, though they do show a lot it seems. Planning on just going by every bar i see with a screen and checking, but if you have any other ideas that'd be much appreciated.

quote:Originally posted by Loud Mouth Soup

To the good?

Mike Riley is a completely useless tit of ref and Rio should not have been on the pitch, Rooney is a complete diver and the Nevilles epitomize crap play.

I can not believe the audacity of Riley. His calls were clearly one sided towards Manure's favor. A record of 8 penalties awarded to Man U's favor at Mouldy Trapped-fart is shocking. Ruud is a total git - celebrating a ****ing penalty as if it had clinched the Premiership. And i agree, the Neville's are s**t. G. Neville should have been sent off for his rough play in the first half. I can't believe that bottle-fearing Ferdinand was not sent off AND that he recieved man of the match honors. Rooney's dive was pathetic, more suitable to a pantomime review of olympic diving. Man U won not through their own efforts, but rather through the benefit of juandiced refereeing. Luckily for the Premiership's sake, the league is not riddled with Riley-like clones.

Archived