Does anybody care..

Alex

quote:Originally posted by soccerbeast

Mexico,Costa Rica, & Guatemala will be the Concacaf Reps in the World Cup 2006. Jamaica will make the plaoff spot only to lose out.

SoccerBeast.

First things first. The Jamaicans will NOT beat us in Columbus next month. Not gonna happen. If the Panamanians handle their business and beat EL Salvador next month, Jamaica WON'T EVEN MAKE IT TO THE HEX!

You do the math...

Second Point. Really more of a question. No a comment:

Have you been drinking the HATERAID? Or are you under the influence of some sort of narcotics?

WE WILL BE IN WC 2006. You can take that to the bank. Our days of not qualifying in Concacaf are way behind us. We win at home and steal points on the road. We are going forwards, not backwards.

Just say no to drugs...

I will definitely be cheering for the US now that Canada is out, as someone else mentioned earlier, the more popular soccer becomes and flourishes in the US, the better it will be for the entire North American continent in the long run. (As I believe Canadian world dominance in hockey has helped the U.S. to raise their game and create excellent junior development programs) Why in gods name people would cheer for T&T or Mexico is beyond me...

quote:Originally posted by kelownaguy

I will definitely be cheering for the US now that Canada is out, as someone else mentioned earlier, the more popular soccer becomes and flourishes in the US, the better it will be for the entire North American continent in the long run. (As I believe Canadian world dominance in hockey has helped the U.S. to raise their game and create excellent junior development programs) Why in gods name people would cheer for T&T or Mexico is beyond me...

THIS MAN IS A GENIUS... Have you ever considered running for PM???

Unless I had some sort of connection with the other Concacaf nations (like heritage, my spouse, friends or have some sort of interest in a particular country) I wouldn't cheer for them. But seriously, to each their own...

He would never be elected, yankiboy. Like most Americans, hating success and the big boys, even the ones without success, (NY Yankees, Maple Leafs) is a major unifying factor, more so in Canada. We love it when the US is beaten, for instance, by third world teams in basketball.

7a_1_b.JPG

You are one of the few Yankees I'd cheer for, buddy.

quote:Originally posted by Jarrek

I'm all for the underdogs. I wish the USA success as well. I still feel that once soccer begins flourishing in the USA, Canada chances of qualifiying will increase.

Why is there such a fear from people on this board to do things on our own. Why can't we try to do things for ourselves for a change?

The minute that we stop riding the Americans wake we might be able to carve our own identity. We can't wait for American success, in order for ours to follow, we need to go and make it for ourselves, on our own.

quote:Originally posted by yankiboy

That's OK, Bro. You don't need to support us. In fact, we don't want you to. Speaking for our whole nation--we discussed it in our secret meeting last night that I really shouldn't be telling you about because we were busy discussing our plans for world sports domination.

To each their own. We've been doing pretty well without your support...

Again, I find it very curious that almost all of the Yanks I know pull for Canada in everything, just as long as it isn't when you guys face us or we need points to advance through to the next round in some competition.

Maybe I had better discuss this in the next meeting. The membership needs to know... ;)

quote:Originally posted by beachesl

He would never be elected, yankiboy. Like most Americans, hating success and the big boys, even the ones without success, (NY Yankees, Maple Leafs) is a major unifying factor, more so in Canada. We love it when the US is beaten, for instance, by third world teams in basketball.

You are one of the few Yankees I'd cheer for, buddy.

Beachster--Thanks for the compliment (I think)..[:I]

Archived