CurrentChamp, where art thou?

The Beaver

Hey, anybody know if CurrentChamp spent the night in jail? Or did the RoboCops set him free? Man, I thought he was going to kill one of those Tico fans. Actually, I thought he was gonna kill all of them.

Some Tico fans have class. Many of them, from what I saw, are as classless as festering genital warts. It is small wonder that our lads behaved as well as we did.

I doubt they would have put him in jail based on what I saw. Too much paper work I hope. The mounties should have laid out that guy with the flag though. He, they, and the shrunken security are pretty lucky nothing happened. Speaking of which, the other 'Reds' supporters should be given credit for their restraint. A shinning example to us all.

Was CurrentChamp the Voyageur who was dragged out by the cops with about 3 minutes to play (just after the free kick to make it 3-1)? The cops were reasonably good about it but the security asshole kneeling on his head after the cops took him down seemed to be enjoying himself a litle too much.

I agree with The Beaver that most of the CR fans (at least those who were sitting in between the Voyageurs and my group of friends) were pretty good about the victory. The clown with the flag, though, should likely have received the same treatment as CurrentChamp.

quote:Originally posted by canuck-fan

Was CurrentChamp the Voyageur who was dragged out by the cops with about 3 minutes to play (just after the free kick to make it 3-1)? The cops were reasonably good about it but the security asshole kneeling on his head after the cops took him down seemed to be enjoying himself a litle too much.

I agree with The Beaver that most of the CR fans (at least those who were sitting in between the Voyageurs and my group of friends) were pretty good about the victory. The clown with the flag, though, should likely have received the same treatment as CurrentChamp.

yes, the man with the knee on his skull was no other than CurrentChamp. Sort of wish we could get somebody to put their knee to the head of another Voyageur, but that is just me being beastly.;)

quote:Originally posted by gwallace76

Last I saw Dave (Current Champ) he was in the back of a squad car. The cops had said that he was going to spend the night in the drunk tank. I of course grabbed my camera out for a few photo oportunities but not sure how they would have turned out.

That sucks. I don't think he was the drunkest. I thought he was just mad because he got covered in beer after the CR supporters celebrated the third goal. Regardless, the security ratted him out. The cops were nowhere near that exchange when it happened.

I hope he didn't pay for a hotel room. ;)

quote:Originally posted by soccerbeast

Canadian soccer supporters dragged off by cops< this this what Canadian soccer has sunk too? The Costa Rican's support have every right to celebrate a fine victory, to bad they were the only real team on the field last night.

Hey, how come you didn't respond to the questions I posed to you in the "Will Razinski retire from international soccer?" I feel jilted. :(

Hi Everybody!

Yah, I'm still alive. I took a few hit points of damage, but I'll heal up in a few days. Holy **** that was fun.

What happened was... (PARENTAL ADVISORY!!! DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME!!!)

I did get doused by some beer after the goal. I was more upset about the goal but a dude jumped in my face and started cheering. SO I just gave him the Green Mist (ala Tajiri; ECW/wwe) with the beer that had ended up in my mouth. It was pretty minor, but it is the thought that counts. A couple of shoves and I just got up and challenged the whole section (very dumb on my part drinky,drinky motion but they were all 4 feet tall. That memory is so vivid I'll remeber it forever).

The security guard in question had come up to us before the game even started and told us all to sit down. I told him "**** off, No, We aren't doing that, **** you ect ect" as I followed him down the track. Another security guard came over and said "OK you guys don't have to sit down, but please don't stand on the track." I lead a little cheer and made a point of running out to him and shaking his hand in front of the whole section.

Once the cops got there I just said 'No I ain't going' (probably also dumb. They grabbed me and I got away quite easily. Then a bunch of other Southsiders got involved and I actually thought I had gotten away, I headed back to my seat to try to blend in (in my pirate costume... see Iains's pics.) That's when the security guard said I spat on him (liar!) so the cops grabbed me again. When one of the cops said "OK take him down!", I said 'Really?' I gave up then, and I wish I didn't know about the security guard. I got roughed up really good, but luckily I'm pretty tough and was feeling pretty numb by that point, so it wasn't a that big a deal. I like how the blood on my head mixed with my sweat and it ran pretty good (old school wrestling).They kept roughing me up and kinda dragging me half way around the track I said "Okay I'll make you a deal, you slow down and I will relax." We stopped, had a chat, they checked to make sure my cuffs weren't on too tight, and we walked out to the car. I was very respectful after that and they were mostly pretty cool.

(ah **** I just locked myself out of my building for an hour. I always seem to meet my neighbors when they are moving out)

Everything went by the numbers after that. A very light search because I just said "Hey my marijuana is in that pocket" I wanna get arrested for pot because I'll take in the the UN Human Rights Commission.

It was then that I found out I was a marked man. "Every time you come here you cause trouble, we we're keeping our eye on you." (he was the nice cop from the Guate game.) "No sir I only been here once before" "No way, everytime I come here you're causing trouble" So I showed him my bus ticket and AB ID, my all day transit pass. My record came back spotless (of course). Then he started a casual chat, but he filled it full of questions checking my story. Like how long the bus ride was, how much a ticket cost, is this key at the bus station, ect ect, where'd you stay, where's the pot from (well DUH, it's BC). All during that time over 20 or 30 Southsiders and Voyageurs (whom I had all met 2 or 3 times 'cept Nazz and Iain who went to Edmonton(4x)) came over to say hi, stick up for me, and I heard several demands for my release, and at least 2 people insisted on paying my bail on the spot.

All things combined, they just let me go with a very sturn finger wagging, and I got in trouble for trying to wave goodbye with cuffs on (it's actually really hard). But they made 'malwa' and 'kimpar' (super cool guys) vouch for me. Part of the deal was I catch the midnight greyhound. At some point I ended up in the custody of a cool english guy was just walking by and spotted the tailgate, a guy that we just met, who drank beer with us, bought a ticket and hung out to the bitter end. If anybody can find out who that guy is let me know!!! I remember one cop saying "Make sure he doesn;t get anymore weed tonite." So when I said goodbye to dude in Granville I headed right for the pot block. I had a couple fatties and caught the god damm cattle run. 17 hours. I'm home now. Very bruised, but content.

My kind of fun.

Luv Dave (except... you know who you are)

Thanks for the action pics Geoff. It was awesome to see the Wallace Boys again and all the Southsiders. The only thing I'm disappointed by is that I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to all the friends I'd made. At least you will all remember me.[:I][B)]

Me and those cops shook hands after, and there were no hurt feeling. I even (nicely) sent my best wishes along to Const. Knight.

And if anybody thinks I care about soccerbeast's opinion of me...

And yes I am ALMOST TOO OLD for this!!! 4 more years. So why do you think I did it? To the best of my knowledge..

I AM THE ONLY CANADIAN FAN SOUTHSIDER OR VOYAGEUR WHO SAW EVERY SINGLE HOME GAME FOR CANADA"S WORLD CUP 2006 CAMPAIGN.

So if any of you ****ers have a problem, talk to the bottom of my wallet flipa.gif.

59a.gif

quote:Originally posted by Current Champ

I AM THE ONLY CANADIAN FAN SOUTHSIDER OR VOYAGEUR WHO SAW EVERY SINGLE HOME GAME FOR CANADA"S WORLD CUP 2006 CAMPAIGN.

On behalf of drunken, blindly loyal Canadian soccer fans everywhere:

I hereby honour you, Current Champ of Alberta, with this, The Order Of Canada, in recognition of your incredible dedication and piss poor taste in soccer teams:

Order_of_Canada.jpg

Wear it well!

quote:Originally posted by Current Champ

So if any of you ****ers have a problem, talk to the bottom of my wallet flipa.gif.

59a.gif

CurrentChamp - you are certainly quite the character, and I found the story of your evening very entertaining, along with the smiling pictures of you in the back of the squad car!

Great work on making it to all of the qualifiers... Were you in Kingston as well?

Nice work on the smiley and random Saddam as well. :D

Archived