Oct 13 WCQ: Canada v Costa Rica in-match thread[R]

sstackho

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jarrek - look at the analysis on the preceeding page and make the decision for yourself. :)

But I feel a Guatemala win is the worst scenario. The only good news is that Guatemala would qualify if they win tonight. But we'd be dependent on a draw in the other match. With a 5-2 result when they played last, a draw doesn't sound too likely.

Jarrek - look at the analysis on the preceeding page and make the decision for yourself. :)

But I feel a Guatemala win is the worst scenario. The only good news is that Guatemala would qualify if they win tonight. But we'd be dependent on a draw in the other match. With a 5-2 result when they played last, a draw doesn't sound too likely.

quote:Originally posted by fza

Man it`s midnight already over here in CHile and I have a mid-term tomorrow. I studied a bit before I left for the Chi-Arg WCQ...what should I do, study?.......NAH MAN!!!....GO CANADA BABY!!!!!

LOL, i know the feeling but at least I dont have to study....but im drinking some heinekin here, wearing my colours and a big canadian flag behind me on the wall. Apparently,my neighbours didnt care for the fireworks i sent off here when canada scored at 11:30pm :D:D:D

quote:Originally posted by Jarrek

What does palotta mean ?

You mean "PELOTA", which means "BALL".

Here are some other words that maybe useful:

"Tiro"= Shoots

"Centro"= Cross

"Gol"= Goal (hahaha!!)

"Toca"= pass

"Banda Derecha" (as in "Por la Banda") = Right Flank/Wing

"Banda Izquierda" = Left Flank/Wing

quote:But I feel a Guatemala win is the worst scenario. The only good news is that Guatemala would qualify if they win tonight. But we'd be dependent on a draw in the other match. With a 5-2 result when they played last, a draw doesn't sound too likely.

Well, my reasoning (and probably yours as well) is that if they draw we have in theory two routes to qualify.

1.) Canada qualifies on a 3-0 win against Guatemala.

2.) Canada qualifies on a 1-0 win against Guatemala, and a tie between Honduras and Costa Rica.

That is if Guatemala ties todays game.

quote:Originally posted by fza

You mean "PELOTA", which means "BALL".

Here are some other words that maybe useful:

"Tiro"= Shoots

"Centro"= Cross

"Gol"= Goal (hahaha!!)

"Toca"= pass

"Banda Derecha" (as in "Por la Banda") = Right Flank/Wing

"Banda Izquierda" = Left Flank/Wing

"Defensa" =Defence

"Atacante"= Striker