CSA fights BACK!

Alex

quote:Originally posted by DJT

I agree with that sentiment. I mean, would we care if, say, Indonesia, Bolivia, Austria or Liberia took a similar approach? No, they'd probably be written off as teams that can't be successful and so are whining instead.

Actually, even relatively successful teams like Italy, Spain and Portugal were laughed at for whining when most people felt they should have been looking in the mirror.

Yes, we need a coalition of the willing, and this time we'd actually gladly join the Yanks if they wanted to lead it--if, of course, it meant making real changes to the officiating systems within the region.

Hey, out of curiousity, how many of the CONCACAF countries has the US either invaded or been at war with? (Technically we were not Canada when they invaded in 1812, so we may not count.)

quote:Originally posted by Winnipeg Fury

We are only limited by our imagination and motivation.

The Voyageurs should have clips of all our bogus calls (3 goals) on the front page of the web-site. We have plenty of hits on our page and should be displaying the 'phantom' calls and corruption. There's no sense crying about the CSA when we do nothing about it ourselves.

This is a good idea. Jarrek, can you tell if there have been a lot of new visitors to the main page after the recent matches?

We don't want to sound like sour grapes, but when you get bitten in the ass like this so many times in quick succession, it's worth pointing it out.

I have the crucial minutes of the first Honduras match in a 4-minute DivX video clip - but it's just over 20 megabytes in size. I don't know if Jarrek would be willing to host something on the site of that size.

quote:Originally posted by Gordon

On this matter, there is very little that the CSA can do, other than to raise a holy stick within CONCACAF: The appeals section of the FIFA regulations clearly prohibit appeals of refereeing decision:

"4 No protests may be made against the referee’s decisions regarding facts connected with play, such decisions being final."

So all Sharpe and the CSA can do is rattle some chains. I hope that this is simply not posturing and that the CSA does not let it go. Hopelessly optimistic on my part I suppose.

Protests can still be made regarding the appointment of the officials, the interpretations of the Laws, the field of play, the eligibility of players, the bench, etc.

Archived