Time to go Frank

soccerbeast

Mr Yallop, while i always try to be fair , it is time for you to

go as national team coach (manager).You have not got this team

interested in going to the World Cup in Germany, a few of the older

players have shown more concern over airline tickets then the jersey

they play for. Big deal that we can beat a small time nation like Belize, but the fact remains that under you we can'y compete with the

likes of Costa Rica,Honduras,Guatemala even on our own soil. The only good thing about going out now is the fact we won't get murdered by

the sides from the USA,Mexico,Jamaica,Trin/Tobago. Our team did not

get together enough to form a good unit, while that is not you

function , you should have told the CSA you needed more games, whats

the use in playing a team like the San Jose Earthquakes, they are

not as competitive as the Concacaf nations, so that game was totally

bogus. Your choice of players have also got to be questioned,

Onstad should have never been the starting goalkeeper, the goals he gave up have cost us in part of any chance of going to Germany. And

players like Radz and Pesch have not played the way they do in europe,

which is why the previous manager left them off the squad with much more success, a Gold cup win and a third place finish, what have we done under you, out of the world cup in the second round no home

wins (yet) and i cant see this side beating Costa Rica, with out help from a blizzard or some other natural occurance. I believe our

national side need a European /South American manager with

the knowledge of puting together a side that should be able to at least come out of Concacaf. Mr Yallop you gave it your best, now it's time to move on , we have the Concacaf Gold gold to look forward to

next season, instead of WCQ games, so lets get a manager in now so he can get started on fixing this mess.

your truly

Soccer Beast

A former loyal Canadian soccer

supporter

i use former cause you lot took the fun out of it,[V][V]:(

I think you need to look at it like this:

Frank Yallop has put this team in the best possible position to win. If several (non)calls go the other way, Canada is looking good for the hex and Frank is a Candian soccer hero for turning the program around. I haven't seen such consistently horrendous luck for a team like this......ever.

Frank Yallop doesn't deserve a pink slip. He and the entire Canadaian team deserves a cleansing ceremony from an African witch doctor

Before you send that brilliant letter to the CSA you might want to use a spell checker. Also to be a former fan that means you had to have at some point supported this team, not just showed up on a forum from nowhere and started slagging it for stress relief.

What might be Yallop's fault was the coaching against Guatemala. The rest was mostly the CSA's (lack of preparation time, lack of friendlies). Yallop pulled together a B team that we were all clamouring about with great success. If anything, I find he's been too dear to his EQuakes boys, giving Onstad the armband and keeping Dero in as a winger when all he does is go 1v1 and lose the ball.

Yallop's got 1, possibly 2 games to prove he's taking us in the right direction.

HOWEVER, we were supposed to be an attacking team and an attacking team scores more than 2 goals in 4 games and 1 in 2 at home.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

What might be Yallop's fault was the coaching against Guatemala. The rest was mostly the CSA's (lack of preparation time, lack of friendlies). Yallop pulled together a B team that we were all clamouring about with great success. If anything, I find he's been too dear to his EQuakes boys, giving Onstad the armband and keeping Dero in as a winger when all he does is go 1v1 and lose the ball.

Yallop's got 1, possibly 2 games to prove he's taking us in the right direction.

HOWEVER, we were supposed to be an attacking team and an attacking team scores more than 2 goals in 4 games and 1 in 2 at home.

I'd rather we became more defence minded then offence, cause to put it mildly, we can't score this round of WCQ proves me right on this.

And if we Played a more defence style game , yesterdays draw in Honduras might not have happened, in the last 5 minutes, just start booting the ball into tough or the spectators, we don't get any points for style, just get the result needed.

quote:Originally posted by Soju

Before you send that brilliant letter to the CSA you might want to use a spell checker. Also to be a former fan that means you had to have at some point supported this team, not just showed up on a forum from nowhere and started slagging it for stress relief.

Of course im a fan but enough is enough. There has been no

moving forward for Canadian soccer since the 1986 World Cup in Mexico,

in fact we have gone down hill at a fast rate.Even countries like the USA,Jamaica,Costa Rica,Trinadad/Tobago have passed us:(.

quote:Originally posted by soccerbeast

Mr Yallop, while i always try to be fair

HA!

quote:, it is time for you to

go as national team coach (manager).You have not got this team

interested in going to the World Cup in Germany, a few of the older

players have shown more concern over airline tickets then the jersey

they play for.

And you know that they are more concerned with airline tickets how? Have you spoken to them?

The fact that they've consistently shown up in spite of the economy-class farce says a lot about commitment, something you know nothing about.

quote:Big deal that we can beat a small time nation like Belize, but the fact remains that under you we can'y compete with the

likes of Costa Rica,Honduras,Guatemala even on our own soil.

We can't? So a tie against Honduras, despite the horrendous officiating (that you never seem to discuss, probably because it goes against your agenda of being an out-right troll) is not competitive? And we haven't even played Costa Rica on our own soil.

quote:The only good thing about going out now is the fact we won't get murdered by

the sides from the USA,Mexico,Jamaica,Trin/Tobago.

Wow.

Why do we bother to play the games then? We may as well pack it in right after the draw.

quote:Our team did not

get together enough to form a good unit, while that is not you

function , you should have told the CSA you needed more games, whats

the use in playing a team like the San Jose Earthquakes, they are

not as competitive as the Concacaf nations, so that game was totally

bogus.

If you knew anything about the situation with Yallop's hiring, you'd know that the Earthquakes game was part of the CSA's buyout of Yallop's contract from MLS, and was therefore non-negotiable.

quote:Your choice of players have also got to be questioned,

Onstad should have never been the starting goalkeeper, the goals he gave up have cost us in part of any chance of going to Germany.

Perhaps the only somewhat sensical thing you have ever said on these boards. Onstad hasn't been stellar for us (aside from the first Honduras match) but then, who else do we have? And really,when was Yallop going to test these other goalkeeping options?

quote:And

players like Radz and Pesch have not played the way they do in europe,

which is why the previous manager left them off the squad with much more success, a Gold cup win and a third place finish

Again, revisionist history. Pesch was on that Gold Cup winning squad, and Radz was supposed to be, but for reasons only known to him, decided to skip out on the tournament after being named on the official roster.

Even so, Radz played a few of the later matches under Osieck, who was quoted as saying that we needed Radz back in the national team picture if Canada wanted to be more successful.

quote:what have we done under you, out of the world cup in the second round no home

wins (yet) and i cant see this side beating Costa Rica, with out help from a blizzard or some other natural occurance.

We're not out yet.

quote:I believe our

national side need a European /South American manager with

the knowledge of puting together a side that should be able to at least come out of Concacaf.

Yes, because the last European coach we had led us to the promised land.

quote:Mr Yallop you gave it your best, now it's time to move on , we have the Concacaf Gold gold to look forward to

next season, instead of WCQ games, so lets get a manager in now so he can get started on fixing this mess.

Why should Yallop listen to you? you're just...

quote:

A former loyal Canadian soccer

supporter

Good riddance.

it only became former under Yallop leadership:(

I'm not buying your act.

You say you're a former supporter, but clearly you're just here to rile people up. If you were a real fan, you wouldn't have packed it in after the first match.

If you were a real fan, you'd get pissed off by the incredible injustice that went down in Edmonton, like everyone else here. Instead you decided to kick the team while it was down.

If you were a real fan you'd be able to see that we played well enough to win in Honduras, at the very least we were competitive with them in their own building. Instead, you stated that Canada was awful and that we all were just making excuses for a bad team. (I guess the scoreline was making an excuse as well).

If you were a real fan, you'd actually have something to contribute to a thread other than "Yallop sucks, the team sucks, let's pack it in", etc. Instead, you decided to say the exact same thing in every thread, even if that thread had nothing to do with Yallop or the national team (ie. Ed's Canucks in Germany thread where you had to make the remark that "at least there will be some Canucks in Germany in 2006", which added nothing to that thread other than your own agenda, and was rightfully deleted by the mods). You are a broken record, and your act has outlasted its welcome a long time ago.

My question to you is why? Why bother being so arrogant and repeating the same thing ad infinitum? What pleasure do you get out of it?

This board is an escape for most of us here, somewhere where the few diehard Canadian soccer fans can convene and whine, bitch, complain, laud, applaud, revere, examine, dissect and generally discuss all things related to Canadian soccer. The difference between us and you is that we actually have something positive to say about Canadian soccer every now and then. I don't recall one positive thing in any of your inane posts, only trolling at best.

There are so few of us scattered around this country, that this place is a unifying force for Canadian soccer, perhaps the best thing that has happened for Canadian support outside of Canada making the World Cup in 1986. Why do you feel the need to ruin that for so many of us? Granted, there are some here that amazingly come to your defence every now and then, but the vast majority of us would rather not have to come to this board to see yet another 4 threads started by "soccerbeast" about how much our team sucks, we should pack it in, everything about Canadian soccer is terrible, etc. That's not why I come to this board. I'm sure that's not why any one else comes to this board.

So why are you still coming to this board?

quote:Originally posted by Rudi

I'm not buying your act.

You say you're a former supporter, but clearly you're just here to rile people up. If you were a real fan, you wouldn't have packed it in after the first match.

If you were a real fan, you'd get pissed off by the incredible injustice that went down in Edmonton, like everyone else here. Instead you decided to kick the team while it was down.

If you were a real fan you'd be able to see that we played well enough to win in Honduras, at the very least we were competitive with them in their own building. Instead, you stated that Canada was awful and that we all were just making excuses for a bad team. (I guess the scoreline was making an excuse as well).

If you were a real fan, you'd actually have something to contribute to a thread other than "Yallop sucks, the team sucks, let's pack it in", etc. Instead, you decided to say the exact same thing in every thread, even if that thread had nothing to do with Yallop or the national team (ie. Ed's Canucks in Germany thread where you had to make the remark that "at least there will be some Canucks in Germany in 2006", which added nothing to that thread other than your own agenda, and was rightfully deleted by the mods). You are a broken record, and your act has outlasted its welcome a long time ago.

My question to you is why? Why bother being so arrogant and repeating the same thing ad infinitum? What pleasure do you get out of it?

This board is an escape for most of us here, somewhere where the few diehard Canadian soccer fans can convene and whine, bitch, complain, laud, applaud, revere, examine, dissect and generally discuss all things related to Canadian soccer. The difference between us and you is that we actually have something positive to say about Canadian soccer every now and then. I don't recall one positive thing in any of your inane posts, only trolling at best.

There are so few of us scattered around this country, that this place is a unifying force for Canadian soccer, perhaps the best thing that has happened for Canadian support outside of Canada making the World Cup in 1986. Why do you feel the need to ruin that for so many of us? Granted, there are some here that amazingly come to your defence every now and then, but the vast majority of us would rather not have to come to this board to see yet another 4 threads started by "soccerbeast" about how much our team sucks, we should pack it in, everything about Canadian soccer is terrible, etc. That's not why I come to this board. I'm sure that's not why any one else comes to this board.

So why are you still coming to this board?

OK? We are the Greatest national side going,

We are world beaters,

Radzinski is player of the Year

Yallop is a genius

Canadian soocer has a great future.

Is that what you want me to say? Is that what you want to hear?

Because if i said that i'd be lying through my teeth. You can pretend all you want that we have a decent team, but your fooling yourself and not dealing with reality. The fact remains we can't beat Concacaf

teams,and thats preety bad on its own, Ok Canada did play well in Honduras fair enough, but that got careless at the end gave up a goal that should have been saved by the keeper. This site believes

more in censorship then how good or bad our national team is?

You say some come to my defence? Maybe they believe that our Team

is being run into the ground by the manager and the CSA, we all have the right to our opinion, i havn't got nasty with you cause you stick up for the team, when well you shouldn't. You say i haven't said anything positive to say about Canadian soccer, what is there to be positive about? I await your responce,

OK? We are the Greatest national side going,

We are world beaters,

Radzinski is player of the Year

Yallop is a genius

Canadian soocer has a great future.

Is that what you want me to say? Is that what you want to hear?

Because if i said that i'd be lying through my teeth. You can pretend all you want that we have a decent team, but your fooling yourself and not dealing with reality. The fact remains we can't beat Concacaf

teams,and thats preety bad on its own, Ok Canada did play well in Honduras fair enough, but that got careless at the end gave up a goal that should have been saved by the keeper. This site believes

more in censorship then how good or bad our national team is?

You say some come to my defence? Maybe they believe that our Team

is being run into the ground by the manager and the CSA, we all have the right to our opinion, i havn't got nasty with you cause you stick up for the team, when well you shouldn't. You say i haven't said anything positive to say about Canadian soccer, what is there to be positive about? I await your responce,

No, this site does not believe in censorship. If it did, you would have been gone a long time ago.

That being said, all you ever do is piss all over our national team with your ridiculous trolling.

You want to say we suck? That's fine. The second half of tonight'sd game, Canada sucked. There's no doubt about it. But all you do is repeat ad nauseum the same crap about Yallop (did he screw your sister or something?) and spout on about how great Holger was. Let me let you in on a little secret: Holger didn't get us anywhere.

Yes, we won the Gold Cup under him, but at the end of the day, the GC is not the unltimate goal. So Yallop was as successful as Holger in that regard, the difference being that Holger had 5 years to implement his style, while Yallop had 6 months.

While criticizing Onstad tonight would have been fair (he was utter crap tonight), you somehow placed the blame on him for the late tying goal that Honduras scored, which is ludicrous at best. No one other than Inspector Gadget would have had a chance on that goal, yet somehow you've deemed that Onstad "should have saved it." Ridiculous.

To be honest, I'm not even sure why I keep responding to you. In fact, that is going to end right now.

Yallop was as successful as Holger, which Gold Cup Championship did he bring to Canada as manager? None so that makes him a failure compared to Holger thank you very much. Onstad could have very well saved that goal in Honduras, his positioning was terrible, the Hondurans saw that and placed the ball gently into the net. Inspector Gadget, (who ever the hell that is) im sure would have done better, so would have Stevie Wonder

as well.

Your ignorance is amazing.

This is simple arithmetic. Holger coached 1 (full) WCQ campaign and two Gold Cups, while Yallop coached one (hasty) WCQ campaign. Holger had more time to be sucessful, so until Yallop gets two more Gold Cup campaigns under his belt, Holger has the advantage of more time to mould his team. And he still failed to get us to the WC.

Holger was a great technical director. As a coach, he was a failure.

Yallop was as successful as Holger, which Gold Cup Championship did he bring to Canada as manager? None so that makes him a failure compared to Holger thank you very much.

Up until now, I'd been giving your comments the benefit of the doubt because I haven't been on this board for very long. Now I've seen enough.

You're a jacka*s.

I'll make this easy for you. How many Gold Cup tournaments has Yallop been manager for?

Archived