but we can also win costa rica, an dhope guatemal wins honduras

then we win guatemala and costa rica and honduras tie

meaing

Guatemala: 10

Canada: 8

Honduras: 7

Costa Rica: 7

so were not out yet, lool

we shouldve had 6 pointgs from these DAMNED HONDURANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whyd they call our goal back, and we had to let a goal in in the LAST MINUTE

****TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

man, this just isnt fair at all. i swear we should be second place right now with 6 points

in edmonton, we had a goal disallowed and a faked penalty

and now a goal dissalowed for no apparent reason, and a stupid goal allowed in the 90th

waht the **** is football!!

quote:Originally posted by bobbyl

according to the csa, the goal was called off because of a foul and not offside...

"the goal waived off by American referee Kevin Stott for an apparent foul by deVos"

I taped the game, I am going to go watch and see if I can see anything... Probably won't be in view of the camera.

according to the csa, the goal was called off because of a foul and not offside...

"the goal waived off by American referee Kevin Stott for an apparent foul by deVos"

There was no foul. The only thing foul there is the smell that eminates from CONCACAF officials.

Yah I was about to say, if anything it was a foul on DeVos. Certainly no offsides. But even that foul call is pretty soft.

Concacaf WCQ is over for me.

Phantom foul or phantom offside, it doesn't make any difference. That was 100% legitimate goal by De Rosario and we got screwed once again. I think this game removes any shadow of a doubt that Canada simply isn't being allowed to qualify by Concacaf - perhaps this is the "even up" by Concacaf for allowing us to host the 2007 WYC un-challenged by any other Concacaf bids.

Every phucking game I think we have been screwed by at least 1 goal, if not two, by the officials.

We can analyze until the cows come home (and I will on Monday when I have more time) but the fact is we are unlikely to qualify for the World Cup due to the officiating - that is the #1 reason by a country mile.

We should have 6 points right now and be tied with Costa Rica for 2nd place. Instead we are in last with two and can now definitely only qualify with help from another team. Certainly we will not be qualifying with any help from the officials.

I don't think anyone knows for sure that it was an offside call.They might have called a foul on De vos for running into his marker for all we know but even that is extremely harsh.

I can't find it in myself to make sense of this.It looks like we have to score 2 goals to even get a chance.Concacaf refereeing won't have it though and it's simply not fair to our players who are sacrificing so much for their country.

IF THERE IS ANY JUSTICE LEFT IN THIS WORLD CANADA MUST BE REWARDED FOR THEIR EFFORTS IN THEIR LAST 2 GAMES!!!!!

quote:Originally posted by codegoat

I don't see a foul, unless deVos pushed him from behind, but the guy just looks like he is coming down from missing the ball.

There was no foul. Minimal contact if any contact at all. Compare the contact on that goal to what Wanchope did to Atiba in Costa Rica when he sent him flying. No consistency whatsoever, except that Canada consistently gets screwed.

I simply don't understand.

I don't know what to say or do. Soccer seems to be broken; could someone please fix it? Or perhaps, in the current climate, I ought to say "repair" it.

The late goal was terrible, we never should have been in that position. We defended like we had a two-goal lead.

But still. We had a two-goal lead.

I guess I just don't understand soccer any more.

You know what guys, I don't mean to change the subject or anything but I'm really god dam happy with this game tonight. Our guys worked their asses off all over the place in the sweltering heat, sure they deserved the win but doesnt it feel good to know that Honduras got their asses kicked again. And they know it. The 45 000 people in the stadium knew it. You know what else, Costa Rica and Guatemala know it now too. They asses are gonna have it handed to them if we play like that again. Heres to all those people who say Canadian soccer sucks.. Go to hell. LETS GO YOU REDS!!!

Just seems like total bull**** for Canadian soccer. I feel like we've robbed once again, but I'm just too tired to fight and argue about it. Very little contact by DeVos to his marker, perfectly good goal by DeRo. Oh well... what can we honestly do? Nothing unfortunately. It's just become so fackin' frustrating.

I just pray we win our next two. I think being Costa Rica in Canada is a good possibility. Beating Guatemala also seems promising after they were crushed by Costa Rica. We still have to believe, until we're mathematically gone. We have the team, we're good enough, it's just these motherfackin' referees who fack us up!

quote:Originally posted by codegoat

I wasn't sure why Watson headed the ball straight down to the Honduran... Maybe I didn't see it all that well, may have to go watch it on the tape again. Painful.

Agreed. He should have definitely just nodded his header to the right of him and away from the goal. Its basic soccer-common-sense, to never put the ball infront of your own goal, if its heading, passing, or anything. Overall though, I think Watson played decent, sometimes scary in the back; ie. almost an own goal.

quote:Originally posted by Timotas

[Agreed. He should have definitely just nodded his header to the right of him and away from the goal. Its basic soccer-common-sense, to never put the ball infront of your own goal, if its heading, passing, or anything. Overall though, I think Watson played decent, sometimes scary in the back; ie. almost an own goal.

That near own goal was just pure madness. The goal was a mixture of bad luck and bad judgement. It's easy to say that he should have headed away from the middle (I know I immeadiately thought that when I saw the replay) but in that instance it's more important to get something on the ball rather than let it just get flighted in. One could argue that Onstad could have a made a play for it as well... the ball did kinda float in.

Isn't it great to be Canadian. Let's go win an ugly hockey trophy and feel good about ourselves.

I said it after the last Honduras game:

"We're the Self-Flagellation Society,

Yes, the Self-Flagellation Society!"

Mike.

Archived