Match Etiquette

Cheeta

quote:Originally posted by Jeffrey S.

There is the error. When watching television you have to wrap the set itself in the scarf, for it is the tv itself that will transmit the collective desires of those watching to the field. The tv should be turned into a sort of shrine. My personal feeling is that this is much more important than what you wear or drink.

Ha! You've been living in a Catholic country for too long, methinks. But as a lapsed Catholic, i appreciate the shrine and all this ritual. Now we must sacrifice a goat and pray the rosary. As for goats, might I suggest a certain Mexian referee?

quote:Originally posted by Toronto MB

Well Cheeta, if Karma is a factor, and we all believe it is. I came through both hell and high water to be here for this one.

Flew back from London for cheap on Air India yesterday, traumatizing experiecing it was. Raced from JFK to Newark only to find that my Porter flight had been overbooked due to an aircraft break-down and I wasn't able to get on a flight until this morning.

However, I was advised that there was the tail-end of hurricane approaching NYC this morning and I might not get out at all if I left it until today.

So at 1045PM last night I hopped on an over-night bus from NYC to Toronto and finally arrived home a couple minutes ago.

I am boarding a flight to Montreal in a couple hours.

I BELIVE IN YOU BOYS!!

GET IT DONE MY SONS OF CANADA!!!!!!!

Wow, damned impressive! And maybe a bit loco, too. Not sure what it all means, but I choose to believe your story is a good omen.

I don't want to add any pressure to the team, but I think they owe a win to Toronto MB. I think we (those of us who are allowed to drink, bloody doctors, what do they know? Are kidneys really that important?) should all give a toast to MB at the opening kick off. I'm trying to sort out what to wear while watching the box (I've also caused the team bad luck in the past by wearing the wrong kit or the wrong underwear or something.) Then I'll have to figure out what to eat and drink...

Archived