Irish Premier League & Eircom League [R]

argh1

In FAI Cup the replay between Longford Town and Drogheda United will take place Tuesday to see who plays Waterford United in the final . Waterford beat Derry City 2-1 in the other semi.

The FAI CUP winner gets one the Eircom UEFA CUP spot.(Cup winner & runnerup).

Eircom and IFL Champions , CL spot , Cup winners and runners up UEFA Cup and next best finishers in leagues Inter-Toto.

As the Eircom season is winding down the standings for the top 5 are :

Shelbourne 26 games 15 wins 8 draws 3 loses 42 for 22 against for 53 points.

Drogheda United 45 points after 27 games.

Bohemians 44 points after 27 games .

Cork City 41 points after 26 games .

& Waterford United 39 points after 27 games.

In IFL .

CIS CUP ( league cup )

Linfield v Cliftonville in one semi Oct 19

&

Lisburn Distillery v Glentoran in the other Oct 20.

No Euro spots available , bragging rights only .

IFL plays CIS Cup starting in August but the league started mid September.

The IFL season is only 2 games old so tables are irrevelant so far.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my , Linfield beat Coleraine 4-1 to go unbeaten in 33 league games . The Blues are on a roll firshore in the IFL .

Eircom League is into it's last week of league play . So with Drogheda and Waterford hooking up in the FAI Cup and the winner gets one UEFA Cup spot it looks like it's down to the wire betwixt Bohemians & Cork over the other UEFA Cup spot or Inter-Toto . Shelbourne have a lock on the title and the Champions League place

• 3 weeks later...

IFL: Glentoran win League Cup 2-1 over Linfield .

Eircom:

While I'm bringing this thread up I should correct That Longford Town won the FAI Cup vs Waterford ...I wrongly said earlier that Drogheda advanced against Waterford ......stupid me ! Why I had the results of the Longford Town and Drogheda United semi's backwards I dunno !

Dublin City is the only club relagated this year as the league is expanding to 12 teams .Finn Harps and University College of Dublin (UCD) are promoted from Division 1 along with either Bray Wanderers or Kildare County still fighting it out for the last promotion spot.

Archived