Man Utd's profits fall by 30%

Desigol

quote:Originally posted by amacpher

Geez, a couple years ago the Man United bandwagon was so big you couldn't see where it began and where it ended. Makes me wonder how many United fans around the year 2000 are Arsenal fans today!? [8)]

I've got an old JVC logo'd shirt to show my pre 2000 Gunners fandom. Beyond that, you're just gonna have ta tek me word fer it.

Oh, and good! Man U has had the riches for long enough. They've all done alright! All the Beck's shirts they've sold over the years.

Let's all welcome the new era of responsible talent acquisition brought to you by Arsenal. The new 60,000 seater stadium should through a few extra P in the bank too!

must admit in london the number of kids wearing manure shirts has dropped, and its now arsenal, most of whom will never ever get to see them, why dont they support their local teams and get to see some live football, once you have seen your local team and experience the atmosphere you are hooked.

quote:Originally posted by TOMLION

must admit in london the number of kids wearing manure shirts has dropped, and its now arsenal, most of whom will never ever get to see them, why dont they support their local teams and get to see some live football, once you have seen your local team and experience the atmosphere you are hooked.

I agree. To offer a modification of you suggestion, I find many people from smaller towns in great soccer nations tend to have a local love for their town club, and an additional affinity with one of the domestic greats. A few examples:

Some Spanish people that I have met cheer for their local club as well as an affinity with either Real or Barca (usually rich for Real and Working class for Barca in my very small experience)

In Italy people enjoy their small town teams and then also pick a Juve, Milan, or inter to go for. You get the idea.

My Dad's from Budley Salterton in Devon. You don't get too many games on fox sportsworld from there. So he remembers back to the Thirties when Arsenal were a powerhouse and that's why I'm a Gunners fan today.

You can have a local and star-studded relationship.

Archived