Should Impact enter CONCACAF Championship???

Luis_Rancagua

After watching the highlights of the A-League Championship, I am now proposing that the Montreal Impact should represent Canada at the next/coming CONCACAF Club Championship. This is a wonderful opportunity that would set a serious precedence for other Canadian soccer clubs, and perhaps revive the whole idea of a new Canadian soccer league (CUSL). Hey!!!! The hell with MLS. After today, I loved what I saw on TV. Way to go Montreal.

If a Canadian team is to enter the club championship at the moment it should be the winner of the Voyageur's Cup. While this year Montreal won both the A-league championship and the Voyageur's Cup it is obviously impossible to guarantee that a Canadian team will always win the league championship and a consistent method of choosing the Canadian representative is required. Presently, the only method of choosing the top Canadian team is the Voyageur's Cup although if an open club competition is instituted this might become the prefered selection method.

quote:Originally posted by Daniel

Yeah, and let's just forget that many players play indoors AND that the contracts expire today for most AND that home dates would be during winter.

I brought that up last time but I think I was ignored. [|)]

Archived