Honduras vs. Canada TV situation?

The Beaver

This has probably already been posted somewhere earlier, but do any of you know if the game versus Honduras on Oct 9th will be televised live on Sportsnet? Or am I getting a head of myself here? Although our lads are certainly in tough, I feel confident that we'll see a great game versus Honduras.

The game won't be live. According to fifaworldcup.com, the game is at 3:00 pm local time, which I believe translates to 5:00 pm EST. According to Sportsnets tv sched, the game will be shown at 11:00 pm or 11:30 pm EST depending on your region. I believe this is because of baseball playoffs.

http://www2.sportsnet.ca/tvschedule/tvsked_sport.php?region=ONTARIO&schedule_id=7

quote:Originally posted by Massive Attack

The game won't be live. According to fifaworldcup.com, the game is at 3:00 pm local time, which I believe translates to 5:00 pm EST.

I was just checking up on this the other day. A website that I found on the subject of world time zones revealed that Honduras was only one hour behind the eastern time zones. Therefore it would look like this:

Tegucigalpa 3:00PM is equal to:

1:00PM Pac

2:00PM Mnt

3:00PM Cen

4:00PM Est

5:00PM Atl

5:30PM Nf

That was according to the website I use. Unless it was inaccurate. This surprised me given that the game in Cost Rica appeared to be carrier on the equivalent of Mountain time in Canada.

quote:Originally posted by DJT

Perhaps that Web site was not taking DST into consideration. Honduras does not observe DST, so right now they are 2 hours behind EDT. Essentially they are on CST all year long (never CDT).

You mean day light savings time? here is a different site. it says pretty much the same as what I mentioned

http://www.artscipub.com/info/timezones.asp

quote:Originally posted by Free kick

You mean day light savings time? here is a different site. it says pretty much the same as what I mentioned

http://www.artscipub.com/info/timezones.asp

Yes, I mean Daylight Savings Time. And that site really says the same thing as I'm saying because at the top it says "Adjust the time zone for Daylight Savings Time". So you have to add 1 hour to Canada Eastern (our current offset from GMT is -4, not -5) but not to Honduras (-6), so it's a 2-hour difference.
quote:However, this would confirm your assertion

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=245

Yes, that's one of the sites I use. It has lots of info: when different places go on and off DST, sunrise/sunset times, etc., etc. For a quicker reference for nothing but time (with DST conversions built in) I use http://www.worldtimeserver.com.

Originally posted by Elias - 09/21/2004 : 00:32:40</u>

I was looking at the SportsNet schedule the other day and noticed they had baseball playoffs all day on all networks on October 9.

I emailed them, and basically asked why anybody (morons like me), would subscribe to digital if they get 4 networks showing the exact same thing.

Here is the reply I got:

"Thank you for your recent email. If you have all four of our regional channels, you will get the choice between watching the soccer match live or watching the Blue Jay game live. If you only have one of the channels, unfortunately, you will get the Blue Jay game live and the Canada soccer match on tape delay. I hope this helps."

At first glance it looks good. But, on Oct. 9, that's the baseball playoffs, the Blue Jays sure won't be playing, so I'm not sure what this guy was talking about. I didn't mention the Jays in my email, nor are they mentioned in the schedule. And their web site doesn't list soccer as being live anywhere.

Anyhow, I think just to make sure, a few people should email SportsNet NICELY :D and let them know how *great* SportsNet is and how much you spend on Rogers products (cable, internet, cell, magazines, videos, SportsNet, Jays ... damn, soon oxygen) so we make sure it's on live somewhere. And so it can be on across the country on digital cable as well (as opposed to only satellite) unlike the last match.

And don't bother asking for regular cable cause not gonna happen.

Feedback@sportsnet.rogers.com

REMEMBER, NICELY. Riots begin if they don't show it :D

Damn, 3 weeks away and it's all I can think about. Pathetic! I need a life! Actually, I need something else, but this is a family show. [:P]

Hi guys my name is Jorge I am honduran, I really admire the Voyageurs because you love with passion this sport even if Canada sports re not soccer. To start I will like to say that I entered this website when I was looking for info about the Canada vrs. Honduras game on Edmonton that ended 1 to 1 and I ve been reading your comments since then. here the Honduran fans are specting alot from our team but according to what I have heared the game is at 3 pm Honduran time which is 5 pm on the USA eastern coast, Bye guys luck but I hope my team defeats you.

Jorge

at this point were out of the world cup ,even if Canada were to win this one (highly unlikely,since they havn't won a game in this round)

we would still be getting our hopes raised only to be crushed shortly afterwards. Put you tape in the vcr and tape the game, that way you

don't lose a few hours sleep for nothing.

quote:Originally posted by JCatracho

Hi guys my name is Jorge I am honduran, I really admire the Voyageurs because you love with passion this sport even if Canada sports re not soccer. To start I will like to say that I entered this website when I was looking for info about the Canada vrs. Honduras game on Edmonton that ended 1 to 1 and I ve been reading your comments since then. here the Honduran fans are specting alot from our team but according to what I have heared the game is at 3 pm Honduran time which is 5 pm on the USA eastern coast, Bye guys luck but I hope my team defeats you.

Jorge

Jorge, thanks for taking the time to post. Nice to hear a new voice. The game against Honduras will be a very tough one, for both teams. We should have our strongest line-up, but beating you guys at home will be tough. Hey, if Canada wins, why don't you and a bunch of your friends and family come up to Vancouver and watch us play Costa Rica on the 13th of October? We can all wear red and drink beer and sing and insult the Ticas. It would be fun.

quote:Originally posted by redhat

So... any of the Winnipeg lads want to show up at Kelsey's on Oct 9th?

They have satellite and could show it live ...

Geezus. Better make sure they got Star Choice.

Hmmm. Need to think about it.

Okay!

I'm going to guess whichever Kelsey's we're talking about here, it's waaaaaaaaay the Hell out there.

Oh! Found it always helps to have a plan B. The Ultimate Sports Bar! In the Cavalier Hotel dungeon. Realy has to be experienced to be believed. Dose have a dish though and a 100" digital projection screen. Alas, no Guinness to help with the post match analysis. Come to think of it, no imported beer at all unless you count MGD and Bud.

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

Geezus. Better make sure they got Star Choice.

Hmmm. Need to think about it.

Okay!

I'm going to guess whichever Kelsey's we're talking about here, it's waaaaaaaaay the Hell out there.

Oh! Found it always helps to have a plan B. The Ultimate Sports Bar! In the Cavalier Hotel dungeon. Realy has to be experienced to be believed. Dose have a dish though and a 100" digital projection screen. Alas, no Guinness to help with the post match analysis. Come to think of it, no imported beer at all unless you count MGD and Bud.

Yep Cheeta, it's the one on Kenaston near the Adidas store. They do

have StarChoice and 6 tv's. Not sure about the Guinness, though ...

[:0]

BTW, if you show up, I'll bring the CSA programme. And buy you a

round, and another if/when we score.

Archived