Roma hooligans show their ugly heads ...

Jarrek

The Roma - Dynamo Kyiv at the Olympic Stadium in Rome game has been suspended for at least 30 minutes because Danish referee Anders Frisk was hit by an flying object on the head at the end of the first half. He suffered a major cut and had to be rushed to the hospital.

The game might be suspended indefinately. Why are fans so stupid ?

Dynamo was leading the game 1-0 at the end of the first half, and Roma had Mexes sent off for kicking Verpakovskis near the end of the game.

Any more details about what the object was, where it came from, or where Frisk was at the time? Because the nearest fans are quite far from the field of play (and even from the area where players and officials enter and exit the field) at Olimpico, and the hardcores/hooligans are typically even further away. That object must have travelled a fair distance to reach Frisk, and even then it must have been a real fluke. (Of course I'm not trying to dismiss the idiots who did this.)

(I don't want to go looking for details because I don't want to see the scores from the other matches.)

quote:Originally posted by DJT

(I don't want to go looking for details because I don't want to see the scores from the other matches.)

Oh geez, what difference does it make now as the scores of both games that I taped were posted without warning. :(

Any more details about what the object was, where it came from, or where Frisk was at the time? Because the nearest fans are quite far from the field of play (and even from the area where players and officials enter and exit the field) at Olimpico, and the hardcores/hooligans are typically even further away. That object must have travelled a fair distance to reach Frisk, and even then it must have been a real fluke. (Of course I'm not trying to dismiss the idiots who did this.)

I read it was lighter. Must have been a zippo type, to travel that distance...as you say. The track/moat is a ways from the pitch.

I'd like to see a replay of the call, out of curiosity. Word is they have-a the guilty dude on video.

Cinder blocks, ahoy!

Brutal ... as for Mexes being red carded, it was a deserved send off. I watched the tape and clearly Mexes intentionally kicks Verpakovskis after the 1st half as ended.

Frisk was far away from the stands, so you're right DJT that it was a projectile that was launched from a distance and just by sheer luck managed to hit the referee.

The Roma players and fans are disgraceful.

Brutal ... as for Mexes being red carded, it was a deserved send off. I watched the tape and clearly Mexes intentionally kicks Verpakovskis after the 1st half as ended.

Frisk was far away from the stands, so you're right DJT that it was a projectile that was launched from a distance and just by sheer luck managed to hit the referee.

The Roma players and fans are disgraceful.

I'm not one to defend Roma, but I see many games from various places where stuff is raining down from the stands, but as long as no one is hit there isn't much of a fuss made about it. If this object had not hit anyone then I doubt anyone would have said anything.

I'm not one to defend Roma, but I see many games from various places where stuff is raining down from the stands, but as long as no one is hit there isn't much of a fuss made about it. If this object had not hit anyone then I doubt anyone would have said anything.

Agreed but there is a difference in throwing something onto the pitch, and then there is throwing something with an intent to hit some one.

I got these from Bigsoccer.com (so credit is to the original poster)

http://www.ayksolutions.com/~chaser2k/Frisk1.avi

http://www.ayksolutions.com/~chaser2k/Frisk2.avi

In the second video, you actually see the guy throwing the object, and i'm pretty sure he wasn't in the Tribuna, but actually on field level. The person is probably one of the 100s of hangers on who can watch the game from field level.

True but intent can defined by the nature of the object. If you fire a gun at someone and miss, it is still a criminal act. There is a difference between throwing Teddy Bear or a sponge ball and a coin or something like that.

Archived