New Radical Suggestion for Starting 11

The Beaver

With each coach, there are decisions that are quite puzzling to the outsiders and with Yallop it must be the exclusion of the likes of Kluka and Nsaliwa and Brennan and the inclusion of Peters. Kluka being the regular starter is the most puzzling. Nsaliwa also tends to play well with DeGuzman, so I am not sure why he is not there. With Brennan, the excuse of not getting first team service doesn't carry much weight considering Peters is still to see a first team at all.

I like your line up but I wouldn't include Brennan myself right now. But it wouldn't be Peters either. And then, swtich Rad and Hume. I might even bring in Menezes and put him somewhere in the back(if he is in the form he used to be in) and move Jazic up to left midfield.

i'll take a shot, not so radical though.

Imhoff devos menezes jazic

hume stalteri de guzman brennan

Radzinski Occean

I think this is our best starting 11, with most playing their natural positions. I think Stalteri needs to move to the middle of the pitch, his endless running will help link the strikers to the rest of the team, as they have seemed too isolated in the games so far. I think asking dero to play in the left mid is tough for him, as he spends most the time in defense, but i do think he should be first off the bench.

quote:Originally posted by Canadienfan

----------------Hirschfeld--------------------------

--------Gervais Devos Menezes Mckenna---------------

--------Radzinski Stalteri Deguzman Brennan--------------

------------DeRosario Occean------------------------

Excellent, you are the man. Pay attention Frank Yallop!

Onstad

Stalteri Gervais Devos Simpson

DeGuzman Atiba Bernier Derosario

Occean Radzinski

Imhof and Ante are overated and cannot play at that level. Ante keeps playing those back passes to the other team's forward, and this is killing us. Imhof can not do anything special in the midfiel and whenever he has the ball nothing happens. thats why Patrice Bernier needs to get a call. He is versatile and good on the ball.

quote:Originally posted by JayWay

Switch Hume and Radzinski; now your onto something.

Echo that.

Bit dodgy having Hume in front of Nsaliwa but boy do you get some mobility along that right touch line.

Maybe McKenna will be back. Maybe not. Even if he is, hard to imagine him playing anyway. Fitness, hasen't played in a month and change blah, blah, blah.

Occean and JDV in the box on the corners with Hume and JB swinging them in. Weeeee!!!!

Might be worth a try but the last time Rad play some where other than fwd, it didn't work out very well. Rad was used as an attacking midfielder in WCQ 98 and I seem to recall that he wasn't happy. Maybe it was because at that time "Midfield" was a redundance on our MNT as all we did was have the Defenders hoof the balls in all directions to the strikers. The role of our midfield at the time was to stare at the balls as they were flying over their head.

Plus Rad has been our best player in this WCQ campaign, thats why I would keep him in the spot that he is most comfortable in. Switching Rad and Hume in your list, as Jayway said, would make the most sence. Especially considering that Hume hasn't been the most opportunistic player for us in WCQ.

I`d love to see Canada play a 3-4-3 with

___________Lars________________

___________Jazic_______________

___Mckenna__________DeVos______

___________De Guzman___________

____Brennan____________Stalteri

____________De Rosario_________

___Radz________________Ien Umey (Iain Hume, arab U-20 announcers)

_____________Occean____________

Why oh why oh why is this board still wetting itself over Lars The Bench Warmer? Two reserve appareances so far since he joined Dundee United. This is any better than 10 at Tottenham? No.

After watching him this year, I'm for Sutton getting the nod. And I'm hopeful Sutton is picked up by a bigger club, preferrably from Europe. MLS wouldn't be a bad place for him to go, though.

To clarify why I stuck Radz at right mid: As fza pointed out, Fulham has been using him--or has used him--in mid this season, and I can't help but point out that it was Radz who got most of the play moving forward against Honduras in Edmonton. He was playing in the midfield--not officially--supporting the ball well and peeling off his tight markers and getting space. Plus, Hume MUST be up front if he is going to be deadly. I am not convinced he is best used at right mid.

I know Jazzy is to blame for the awful backpass in that game, but he played an otherwise solid game, made some excellent slide tackles, and until Simpson or Brennan or Kluka are fully ready to play at left back, then I think he is the man with the most experience and is the best choice. But looking at what some of you've suggested, I've come up with my alternative line-up, which I think is also very good:

Onstad

Nsaliwa DeVos Kluka Jazic

Stalteri Bircham Hutch (or Imhoff) DeGuzman

Hume Radzinski

--

Or maybe Serioux plays in the middle with Bircham?

quote:Originally posted by BrennanFan

How about this for a Radical Formation change...

-----Hirschfeld

Stalteri--DeVos--Jazic

---DeGuz--Bircham

Hume-----------Brennan

-----Radzinski

---McKenna--DeRosario

...any thoughts?

Interesting, but I can't help but feel that we NEED Hume to play up front. And I'm not sure this formation allows DeGuzman to have the sort of impact moving forward that we need him to have.

To be honest, I have no idea about anything right now, except that Joe Sakic is one kick-ass hockey player.

quote:Originally posted by The Beaver

Okay, it ain't that radical, but this is what I'd like to see versus Honduras:

Onstad

Radzinski Stalteri DeGuzman Brennan

Hume Ocean

What do you think?

I like what you're suggesting... but Onstad and his constant booting of the ball has got to go, stick in Hirshfeld and let him run the show from now on...

I suggest

Hirshfeld......or anyone else besides Oldstad

Nsaliwa DeVos Meneses Jazic

Hume Stalteri DeGuzman Brennan

Radzinski Ocean/DeRosario

quote:Originally posted by The Beaver

Okay, it ain't that radical, but this is what I'd like to see versus Honduras:

Onstad

Radzinski Stalteri DeGuzman Brennan

Hume Ocean

What do you think?

I like what you're suggesting... but Onstad and his constant booting of the ball has got to go, stick in Hirshfeld and let him run the show from now on...

I suggest

Hirshfeld......or anyone else besides Oldstad

Nsaliwa DeVos Meneses Jazic

Hume Stalteri DeGuzman Brennan

Radzinski Ocean/DeRosario

After watching the games (Hon/CR) Redhat sent me (thanks Redhat!!) I think Canada has a lot of options to qualify, at least they don`t look like a 99th ranked team.

The way Yallop plays on the road I would love to see this line up vs Honduras (4-3-2-1):

__________Pat Onstad______________

Brennan___DeVos__Mckenna___Stalteri

Imhof______De Guzman___Grande______

Hume_______________________De Rosario

___________Radzinski_______________

or Switch to a more offensive line up (4-4-2), bringing Occean on for Imhof to play up front with Radz.

quote:Originally posted by Canadienfan

What's your starting 11 then Loud Mouth Soup? By the way I would like to see Sutton get capped and playing for Canada too, just not during our next game.

What does my question have to do with my choice for a starting 11? I just want to understand the fascination with him, when Lars in a starting role has been unwarranted for quite some time now.

quote:Originally posted by Loud Mouth Soup

What does my question have to do with my choice for a starting 11? I just want to understand the fascination with him, when Lars in a starting role has been unwarranted for quite some time now.

Nothing really I just thought I'd sit back and criticize your picks. It's just too bad that I already gave my opinion on the heading topic! And the Lars question has been talked about so much lately that I think you pretty much know the answer- anyman with a 189 IQ and the proven stamina to eat 50 hard boiled eggs in 30 minutes gets my nod for starting keeper anyday.

That's a good looking team Denis!

Wouldn't count on seeing McKenna or Brennan though as neither has played at all this year, and have a feeling Bircham and Radzinski will decline the invite and stay with their clubs at this point. Hope I'm wrong, but can't see these guys dreaming the impossible dream!

I wonder if Frank will still call up the A-leaguers, esp. Watson, even though the season is over for them? If he sticks to his stated policy of selecting only guys who are playing regularly and are in form, then DeRosario is now on the bench full time as well so could be dropped.

It must be time to bring in Klukowski and N'Saliwa by that logic as they both play every game for their clubs and are getting into the season full steam. Aguiar, Bent and maybe Pozniak could do a job as well.

But who really knows what goes on in Frank's head?

Archived