Any chance at a camp or friendly pre-Oct 9?

The Beaver

quote:Originally posted by The Beaver

I know there'd been talk earlier that Yallop was considering some sort of preparation in Europe prior to our games in October. Any sense of how likely this is? Can we find somebody to play in such short time? Is it even a good idea to try a camp? ( I mean, I know we NEED it, but...)

Since we don`t have that much time to prepare for the game, I think Yallop will only have the days prior to the Honduras match to prepare. But if he decides to organize a camp it might just be to practice.

Hey Beaver, I just noticed you`re from Vancouver, I was born in Richmond and I grew up in Surrey. I think I`m going up there next year to visit my brother, I would love to meet you and any other voyageurs from BC. Maybe we could play some soccer and if everything goes ok we could go to some WCQ`s!

Yallop told me in late June that for the Honduras and Guatemala away matches he was thinking of using Fort Lauderdale (Evergreen, the same place used for the North American camp in January)) as a staging point for the players to collect and briefly train before heading out to the match country together two days before.

I have not heard anything yet. No time for friendlies, that's for sure.

quote:Originally posted by fza

Since we don`t have that much time to prepare for the game, I think Yallop will only have the days prior to the Honduras match to prepare. But if he decides to organize a camp it might just be to practice.

Hey Beaver, I just noticed you`re from Vancouver, I was born in Richmond and I grew up in Surrey. I think I`m going up there next year to visit my brother, I would love to meet you and any other voyageurs from BC. Maybe we could play some soccer and if everything goes ok we could go to some WCQ`s!

fza, yes, we should arrange something closer to that time. Maybe we could watch a qualifier--fingers crossed--or a 'Caps game. We could get a bunch of guys together for some soccer, too. Sounds good.

As for getting a friendly prior to Honduras, yes, I know it was not very likely, but I still needed to ask the question.

Any chance Joe Sakic and Vinny Lecavalier will suit up for the Nats. I'd play Joe with DeGuzman and stick Vinny up front with Radz. We need the height up front.

Archived