I think that game should end our goalie debate

kelownaguy

for now.... but most likely the next couple games will be the end of the road for Onstad, Radz and a few others as well anyways..

First off I'm not really involved in this ongoing Onstad vs Hirschfeld debate because quite honestly neither guy has really shown me much of late to favor one over the other for the starting keeper job. However, Onstad was hands down our best player on the pitch last night and bailed out the team on our sloppy defensive miscues numerous times, I do not blame him for the goal at all either as Wanchope caught our team napping to begin the second half. I think we've got a lot deeper issues to resolve at the moment rather then our goaltending choice, like for instance how to put the ball in the net with our new and improved "offensive team"??

Well, it would help to put the ball in the net if we had a goalie with a bit of delivery sense.

But, yeah, the debate is largely academic now. Unless we pull off three in a row, it's time to stick with new blood for the upcoming friendlies and Gold Cups starting next year.

Archived