Jamie Peters

TOMLION

sorry if this is what we call a bo(repeat of something that has been covered before), but being new to this site i aint gonna read every post to see if it is in here.

whats he like is he any good, just read this on a site over in england and it looks as if he is on his way to the super lions to join adrian and josh any input appreciated.

EXCITING young Canadian winger Jaime Peters is set to snub Ipswich Town in favour of a move to Championship rivals Millwall.

The 17-year-old full Canadian international is expected to agree a move to the Lions later this week when he returns from World Cup duty.

Peters was offered a contract by Ipswich last month before going on trial with Derby County, who were also keen on signing him.

The short, but speedy, teenager is also believed to have been offered trials with Manchester United after leaving Bundesliga side Kaiserslautern in the summer to pursue his dream of playing in England.

But Peters has chosen Millwall as he has relatives in London.

Blues defender Jason De Vos and former Town star Frank Yallop, now Canada's national team manager, both tried convincing Peters to join Ipswich but he has indicated his mind is made up in favour of UEFA Cup qualifiers Millwall, who come to Town on Sunday in a live televised game which kicks off at 1pm.

De Vos said: “Despite the best efforts of Frank and myself, Jaime has said he wants to go to Millwall. He has family in London so I can understand his decision. It is quite daunting for a young Canadian to come over here to play football, so it makes sense to go to a club where he has family to support him.”

Archived