CANADA BETS ON ALL 3 POINTS-COSTA RICAN PRESS

fza

Canada bets on all 3 points

written by:

José Luis Rodríguez

jorodriguez@nacion.com

Translation: Francisco Varas (fza)

After a loss and a tie at home, the only result Canada allows against Costa Rica is a win.

According to Frank Yallop, the north american coach, his team is mentally prepared to attack from the opening minutes and to take all 3 points from the “Ricardo Saprissa”.

“We can`t lose anymore points. We`ll be offensive, because not only us but them as well need the win.” Yallop declared after the last practice before the game last night.

As a response to Costa Rica`s game strategy, a lot of ball movement against Canada`s strength, the Canadian coach pointed out that his team also knows how to move the ball across the pitch.

“We have guys like Dwayne de Rosario and Julian Guzman, who are talented. They`ll be the ones in charge of distributing the ball”.

The coach also added that his team`s physical strength will be very important in every set piece they get.

“That`s where we hope to take advantage of our physical presence. It`s necessary to use all of our weapons.”

For tonight`s game Canada will be without captain Jason De Vos, who was shown his second yellow card last Saturday against Honduras.

De Vos and Stalteri (injured) are equally important to us but we count on young players to carry out today`s game.”

For Dwayne de Rosario, who plays for San Jose Earthquakes, Canada has the same chances as the home side.

“We can`t not capitalize on our opportunities. Costa Rica is a good team, which is why I expect a very tight game.” Dero said after practice last night.

Julián de Guzman, from Hannover 96, said it`s going to be a physical match.

“They`re strong. But I still believe it won`t be an aggressive match, we`re here for the win”, De Guz said.

The youngest player on Canada`s roster, Jaime Peters, said playing on artificial turf will affect both teams.

Alter an hour and half of practice Canada went back to the Radisson Hotel, where they will spend the night.

translation: fza

HERE`S THE ORIGINAL ARTICLE FROM "NACION" (COSTA RICAN NEWSPAPER)

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO WANT TO LEARN A LITTLE BIT OF SPANISH.

LEARN SPANISH WITH FZA!!:

Canadá solo apuesta al triunfo

José Luis Rodríguez

jorodriguez@nacion.com

Luego de una derrota y un empate como local, el equipo de Canadá ve la victoria como el único resultado permitido ante los ticos.

Según Frank Yallop, entrenador norteamericano, su equipo está mentalizado para salir a atacar desde el arranque, y sacar los tres puntos del Ricardo Saprissa.

“No podemos dejar ir más puntos. Seremos ofensivos porque tanto ellos como nosotros necesitamos la victoria”, expresó Yallop ayer por la tarde, luego del último entrenamiento antes del juego.

Ante la propuesta tica, de mucho toque contra la fuerza canadiense, el estratrega señaló que los suyos también saben tratar el balón.

“Tenemos gente como Dwayne de Rosario y Julián de Guzmán, que son talentosos. Ellos serán los encargados de tener la pelota”.

El técnico agregó que la fortaleza física de los suyos será importante en las jugadas de balón parado.

“Ahí esperamos sacarle provecho a lo físico. Es necesario usar todas las armas”.

Para el encuentro de hoy Canadá no tendrá al capitán Jason de Voss, quien recibió la segunda tarjeta amarilla el sábado contra Honduras.

“De Voss es importante, al igual que Paul Staltieri –lesionado–, pero contamos con gente joven que puede hacer frente al partido”.

Para Dwayne de Rosario, quien milita en el San José Earthquakes, de EE. UU., Canadá tiene las mismas opciones que los anfitriones.

“No podemos desaprovechar las oportunidades. Costa Rica es un buen equipo, así que espero un partido bastante difícil”, indicó De Rosario tras la práctica.

Julián de Guzmán, del Hannover 96 alemán, señaló que será un juego físico.

“Ellos (los ticos) son fuertes. Aún así no creo que haya mucho roce, nosotros venimos a jugar para sacar el triunfo”, dijo De Guzmán.

El más joven de la delegación canadiense, Jaime Peters, comentó que jugar en cancha sintética podría afectar a ambos equipos.

Luego de una hora y media de entrenamiento Canadá se desplazó al hotel Radisson, donde está hospedado.

quote:Originally posted by fza

They want people to go to the hotel and make a lot of noise..hahaha!!

That`s a common tactic used in South America.

No problem Mimglow!

;)

Surely you meant to say Central America. Have you ever seen people in Chile going to hotels to disrupt the sleep of visiting teams?

quote:Originally posted by The Ref

Surely you meant to say Central America. Have you ever seen people in Chile going to hotels to disrupt the sleep of visiting teams?

Well yes I meant Central America but also Latin Aamerica in general.

It happens especially during WCQ, Dante`s right when Peruvian teams come to Chile it happens and viceversa.

I remember when Chile went to Bolivia once they threw bags of pee at Chile`s bus.

Chile has big rivalries with it`s neighbouring countries I don`t know why they hate us so much, we give them jobs, food..you name it...we even gave Lima back after the Pacific war (Peru-Bolivia vs Chile).

Oh well....

Well yes I meant Central America but also Latin Aamerica in general.

It happens especially during WCQ, Dante`s right when Peruvian teams come to Chile it happens and viceversa.

I remember when Chile went to Bolivia once they threw bags of pee at Chile`s bus.

Chile has big rivalries with it`s neighbouring countries I don`t know why they hate us so much, we give them jobs, food..you name it...we even gave Lima back after the Pacific war (Peru-Bolivia vs Chile).

Oh well....

Yea it happens vice versa there is a big rivality between Peru and Chile I remember in 97 when Peru went to Santiago and needed a tie to go to France 98 and Chile won 4-0 :( there was incidents in the hotel were the Peruavians where staying.....but yea when Chile goes to Lima its the same!

“We have guys like Dwayne de Rosario and Julian Guzman, who are talented. They`ll be the ones in charge of distributing the ball”.

I agree by some comments made after the Honduras game that DeRo likes to run at defenders, like a striker. Maybe he shouldn't be on the wing but up front, and put Peters and hume on the wings. Last game DeRo was somewhat ineffective on the wing...

Canada bets on all 3 points

The youngest player on Canada`s roster, Jaime Peters, said playing on artificial turf will affect both teams.

Alter an hour and half of practice Canada went back to the Radisson Hotel, where they will spend the night.

translation: fza

Why did the media not provide a map to the Canadian's hotel? If they only want 200 people outside the hotel that is fine. But to really keep the Canadians up all night they need at least 350. Simply naming the hotel might not be enough.

quote:Originally posted by Current Champ

How do you say '9'?

No problem Champ!

Nine= Nueve (new-e-ve)

If you meant "9" as in "Striker" here`s the translation:

-Atacante (Striker)

-Delantero (Forward)

-Centro Delantero (Centre Forward)

-Marcelo Salas/Ivan Zamorano!!

Archived