Why does the CSA hate our Men's team?

No wonder we are soccer minnows:

This is from an earlier post: New post follows in bold

The CSA just makes it TOO easy to complain about them. If they only tried to make some good decisions then maybe people would ease off. We have all read in posts how the CSA is not only clueless and inept but check this out.

www.canadasoccer.com

We are hours away from what is most likely Canada's biggest match in years - a must win home qualifier. So to build interest and to inform the public, and to whip them into a frenzy and sell tickets at Commonwealth Stadium they have as their cover story:

Friday, September 03, 2004

Women's Under-15 Team

Robinson Dominates In 5-1 Win Over Germany

Jodi-Ann Robinson - 3 Goals

Charlottetown, PEI ? Canada?s Women?s Under-15 Team defeated Germany 5-1 on Friday.....blah, blah, blah......

Great for the girls to achieve this, but truly, apart from family and friends who cares?? Bury this story somewhere else. Put the W.C. teams' stories front and centre.

Can you imagine going to TheFA.com and seeing this type of story with no mention of England's qualifier against Austria? Heads would roll. Their appears to be no accountability within the CSA.

Only a website you ask?

This is supposed to be the official site of the CSA. If the general public can't get informed there where are you to find out what is happening. (I'm not talking people in here, but the general public).

So the lead story on the website today ahead of yet another crucial W.C. qualifier:

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Women's Under-15 Team

Germany Defeats Canada 2-1

Halifax, Nova ? Canada?s Women?s Under-15 Team were defeated 2-1 by Germany on Monday, September 6th in front of 1,767 spectators at Mainland Common Field in Halifax, Nova Scotia. Canada defeated Germany in the two previous games of the series.

Who the f*** is choosing these stories? I guess the Men's Team is not that important. The World Cup isn't a big deal. I hope there is not a fourth game scheduled for the Under-15's otherwise the men's team will be bumped again to page 3.

Do you think if you went to hockeycanada.com that they would be ignoring the W.C. of hockey and featuring some insignificant tournament for midget hockey??

Complete JOKE

Not that I'm defending the CSA but it might be worth it to keep in mind that it's relatively easy to find coverage of the MNT in the mainstream sports media as opposed to finding coverage of the U-15 girls. The CSA is providing information that wouldn't otherwise be easily available. Came in handy for the recent boys U-17 tournaments.

I hear what you are saying, but the lead story with zero coverage of the Men's Team?? They have now shared the under 15 girls headlines with another useless headline:

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

A-League

5 Impact players on all-star teams

Who cares?

What are the stories for the men's teams, the buildup. What time is the game? Is it on T.V.? All questions that regular</u> Canadians will ask if they are trying to get info. You would think that by the coverage, the men have been knocked out of the competition by Belize.

quote:Originally posted by El Hombre

Not that I'm defending the CSA but it might be worth it to keep in mind that it's relatively easy to find coverage of the MNT in the mainstream sports media as opposed to finding coverage of the U-15 girls. The CSA is providing information that wouldn't otherwise be easily available. Came in handy for the recent boys U-17 tournaments.

Except that it's really not that easy to find mainstream media coverage of the MNT.

For example today (the day of the game) we'll get a Canadian Press wire story about the importance of the game, yada, yada. But in between the games, try and find something like a profile of even our big name players. Good luck. No, the mainstream media won't ever cover our MNT the way they should.

But that other World Cup? In the summer? No problem.

quote:Originally posted by Whither Canada

Except that it's really not that easy to find mainstream media coverage of the MNT.

For example today (the day of the game) we'll get a Canadian Press wire story about the importance of the game, yada, yada. But in between the games, try and find something like a profile of even our big name players. Good luck. No, the mainstream media won't ever cover our MNT the way they should.

But that other World Cup? In the summer? No problem.

I think "relatively" was the key word in my post. Try and find anything about the U-15s, which coincidentally was held on Canadian soil. Once again, I'm not defending the CSA, I just kinda get tired of hearing more complaining about the local whipping boy.

Also, I find it a bit of a stretch that "regular canadians" would think to go to canadasoccer.com for broadcast information. One would think that tsn.ca or sportsnet.ca would be visited first.

Just my point of view though.

I think "relatively" was the key word in my post. Try and find anything about the U-15s, which coincidentally was held on Canadian soil. Once again, I'm not defending the CSA, I just kinda get tired of hearing more complaining about the local whipping boy.

Also, I find it a bit of a stretch that "regular canadians" would think to go to canadasoccer.com for broadcast information. One would think that tsn.ca or sportsnet.ca would be visited first.

Just my point of view though.

I do agree with your point - it is certainly easier to find MNT coverage, such as it is.

However I won't countenance anyone defending the CSA! :)

Good point about "regular Canadians" on where they go for their info. TSN or sportsnet. My point in all this is that the official</u> site should have the best coverage not the others.

The local whipping boy has to get it's act together.

Decent point earlier about demanding more from our media or cancelling.

Have you looked at the TSN soccer page? If you click on the heading Canada you get information that the next game is on Aug 18 against Guatemala. On the main soccer page it has up to date information but not on the Canadian soccer page. I have not looked at the Sportsnet page, hopefully it is better.

I came across this site while looking for some current information on MNT before going to the game in Edmonton. When I came across the official site I was expecting more.

I'm new to this, just started looking for information around Sept 1 so I thought I would give my point of view.

Thanks for all the good information and passion for the game.

Loud and Proud

Isbrant

Archived