Watching CR

Marc

I don't know if anybody has been able to figure out where we can watch it.

As for me, I've got a game to play in a sport that usually registers even lower on this board than hockey has recently, so I'm going to be getting home late and watching the match even later. Somehow I'm going to have to go into a cone of silence about the match until 2:00 am.

Blair

quote:Originally posted by Marc

Anyone getting together to watch the game tomorrow?

Edmonton:

I was going to stay home and watch, but now I don't want to wait until midnight. How about trying the Victory again 8 pm Wednesday night, I know they have digital there?

Victory is in the basement of the old Sally Ann, 10030-102 Street, half a block south of Jasper.

I was gifted with tickets to the World Cup of Hockey quarterfinals. So barring overtime, I should have just enough time after the hockey to walk to my place and catch the soccer live on digital.

I'd invite all you lot over to my place, but the logistics might be a little hard since I can't guarantee what time I'll be home. But if anyone downtown is desperate to watch the match live, let me know!

Blair, so what's the sport that rates so low? Due to a wedding last Saturday, I actually didn't watch the Honduras match until Sunday night, without knowing the result - perhaps the only good benefit of the low media coverage in this country. However, it didn't reduce the pain at all.

Yeah, it's that bad. ****ball.

I wish I could take you up on your offer. If tonight's game is anything like Saturday night's, your neighbors can expect plenty of profanity. Ben Lauden hosted a nice little gathering; I hope he hasn't been evicted. ;)

quote:Originally posted by sstackho

baseball... ohmygod... i'm so sorry... i had no idea... [:0]

Anyway, any downtowners, let me know if you want to come round mine for 10 - but with the risk of hockey overtime. I live near Gretzky's.

For Vancouver fans--and those willing to come our from Burnaby and North Van and Chilliwack, for that matter--I am confident that Malone's near Kitts beach will air the game. They have the digital and sattelite feeds and are generally very cool about putting the game on. I'll call this afternoon. My wife and I will be there for 6.30.

Damn, I'm frickin nervous.

quote:Originally posted by The Beaver

For Vancouver fans--and those willing to come our from Burnaby and North Van and Chilliwack, for that matter--I am confident that Malone's near Kitts beach will air the game. They have the digital and sattelite feeds and are generally very cool about putting the game on. I'll call this afternoon. My wife and I will be there for 6.30.

Damn, I'm frickin nervous.

An update for Vancouver based fans: Malones DOWNTOWN will show the game on Digital Sportsnet at 7pm. Wow, what a big night of sports for Canadians.

I'm really pissed that the game is now not being shown live ANYWHERE in Canada. SportsNet would rather serve its own interests as the owners of the BlueJays than provide any kind of service to its non-Toronto subscribers.

What is wrong with the CSA that they can't even come up with a decent television contract? How hard would it be to make the broadcast rights contingent on the games being televised LIVE. If the rights holder doesn't show the game live, they forfeit their rights, making them available to the highest bidder. TSN could then grab the game, cheap.

As it is, all the CSA has gotten out of the deal is a contract whereby an owner of a competing sport can PREVENT anyone in Canada from watching soccer when there's a baseball game on.

Chet, I understand your rant, but you do realize that the game WILL be shown live on digital coast-to-coast? If you're trying to say that's not good enough then fine, I agree, but I'm just letting you know just in case you somehow missed this fact.

Archived