Feildturf?

G-Man

It seems that Yallop and the players prefer not to play on field turf.

Stalteri mentions the same on InsideSoccer magazine interview.

As for McGill, there are problems with scheduling and the painted lines.

And yes, Saprissa stadium in CS is FieldTurf, a Canadian product ...

So we're passing up stadiums that our MNT could be playing at? As for Mcgill, the lines are painted on, as in Edmonton. They can be washed off. And I'm sure that it's not used every single night.

We export the stuff, but won't play on it ourselves. Something about trade and promotion of Canadian goods...

I'll take your word for it, Redhat. I was trying to figure it out online and found a website that contained a lot of information about Estadio Saprilla including a section called "Gramilla" which, from translation tools, I think loosely translates as "pitch" or "turf" or something. I copied the information from this section into the "Babel Fish Translator" to see if I could make sense of it and got the following result:

Marijuana of the Stage Ricardo Saprissa, is of the type of Bermuda Númex the Sahara.

I have no idea what it means. But don't be surprised if the team is "hungry" for a victory.

quote:Originally posted by marktci

I'll take your word for it, Redhat. I was trying to figure it out online and found a website that contained a lot of information about Estadio Saprilla including a section called "Gramilla" which, from translation tools, I think loosely translates as "pitch" or "turf" or something.

I have no idea what it means. But don't be surprised if the team is "hungry" for a victory.

Gramilla sintética is also known in spanish as "Pasto Sintético" which translates as "Astro Turf" or "artificial turf".

Now that I've actually plaved on field turf (thanks Reza) I also am not completely sure why it hasn't been embraced by CSA.

We have to face the truth that for the greater extent we live in one of, if not the, most inhospitible climates.

I know many will laugh, but Field turf at McMahon would make Calgary a serious contender for a WCQ. We would sell a lot of tickets, cause theres a lot of expendable income here.

But I'd still love to see a game in Montreal!

Archived