Was DeRosario pissed about being subbed out

massimo

quote:Originally posted by Bertuzzi44

Thats good he was pissed. He did look a little miffed, but it shows he wants to be there and wants to help.

Personally I would have kept DeRo on, switched Pesch for Occean (not peters) and if necessary switch DeRo for Simpson later on.

I as well like the fact that he was pissed, hopefully it was because he wanted to contribute and not something else.

How about Simpson, he seemed a little useless out there against Honduras!

quote:Originally posted by massimo

I as well like the fact that he was pissed, hopefully it was because he wanted to contribute and not something else.

How about Simpson, he seemed a little useless out there against Honduras!

I kinda thought so too, but realistically, he didn't get very many touches. hard to say if he played well or not.

quote:Originally posted by RJB

Problem is, that De Rosario was ineffective. He has a tendancy of dribbling right into players.

I'd drop him for Wednesday in favour of Simpson.

I just posted this earlier, but I agree, he was simply ineffective. His head did not look in it, to be honest. His biggest knock is his lack of defensive skill and pace. yes, he needs to be playing up front, though I am not convinced that he is a better option than Hume at this point. Hume may be rough around the edges, but he's developing fast, plays with the sort of grit you'd expect from a Canuck, and has a pretty decent and committed two-way game. I love DD, but I suspect his role will be limited over the next many years. The young guys are going to burn him fast.

Derosario is certified striker. We don"t have a better combination than dero and radz.(stats prove it over the past 2 years.)Dero has never played midfield in his life.( at least by my recolection.) He is playing out of position, everyone can see it. He is an attacker, and likes to take defenders on. If you suggest Dero on the bench, you are crazy. You are suggesting Simpson starting over Dero, Especially after his last 2 proformances? Nobody had any complaints about Dero when he was playing striker.

quote:Originally posted by pablo

Derosario is certified striker. We don"t have a better combination than dero and radz.(stats prove it over the past 2 years.)Dero has never played midfield in his life.( at least by my recolection.) He is playing out of position, everyone can see it. He is an attacker, and likes to take defenders on. If you suggest Dero on the bench, you are crazy. You are suggesting Simpson starting over Dero, Especially after his last 2 proformances? Nobody had any complaints about Dero when he was playing striker.

No, dude, he's basically saying the same thing you are saying. DeRo is a striker and not a midfielder, and as a result, Simpson should play at left-mid. DeRo or Hume or Ocean should play up with Radz.

personally i would rather have peters play in derosarios spot.those 20 minutes that he was in the game was almost totally in the honduran end of the field.peters has an unbelievable jay jay okacha type move that he has displayed a few times in his limited appearances.derosario always seems to be a half step behind,and refuses to distribute the ball in any type of creative form.peters is the real deal,he has an outstanding career in front of him and will only get better,stronger,faster.

personally i would rather have peters play in derosarios spot.those 20 minutes that he was in the game was almost totally in the honduran end of the field.peters has an unbelievable jay jay okacha type move that he has displayed a few times in his limited appearances.derosario always seems to be a half step behind,and refuses to distribute the ball in any type of creative form.peters is the real deal,he has an outstanding career in front of him and will only get better,stronger,faster.

Derosarios best spot maybe up front as a striker, however, I think Occean brings more to the mix with the physical part to his game. I have not been that impressed with Simpson or Peters, both of whom would be the logical replacement for Dero on the wing.

Archived