BAN SOCCERBEAST FROM FORUM?

fza

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wHAT ANYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH YOU IS WRONG? i DON'T THINK SO. yOU JUST PEEVED AT WHAT i SAID ABOUT OUR NATIONAL TEAM IS TRUE. AND OTHERS

ARE FINALLY SEEING IT AS WELL. BETTERMIRROE I BELIEVE IN FREEDOM OF SPEECH ALL AROUND, ANYTHING GOES. yOU CAN AGREE/DISAGREE ON WHAT PEOPLE SAY BUT THEY HAVE THE RIGHT TO SAY IT. 0UR TEAM ,ONCE THEY LOST TO GUATEMALA WERE DONE, AND THE FACT THEY DIDN'T GET A WIN YESTERDAY

AGAINST HONDURAS JUST PROVES WE ARE OUT OF OUR LEAGUE IN CONCACAF.

I WANTED MORE THEN ANYTHING FOR CANADA TO GET TO THE WORLD CUP IN GERMANY, BUT THAT IS A LOST DREAM FOR ANOTHER 4 YEARS. wE ALSO COULDN'T QUALIFY FOR THE OLYMPICS, YET A WAR TORN IRAQ COULD?

OUR U-20 TEAM WILL SOON BE GETTING READY FOR ANOTHER APPEARENCE AT THE

wORLD YOUTH CHAMPIONSHIPS,PROVIDED THEY GET ENOUGH GAMES TO FEEL LIKE

A TEAM.

Here is a simple solution in the meantime... ignore his posts.

I mean completely, don't even read it.. if you see his screen name just scroll past to the next poster.

I havn't read anything he's written in some time, and I don't even bother looking in threads he's created. It's not that hard, I'm sure you can do it too.

The only reason trolls post inflamitory comments is to get a rise out of people, you play right into the trolls hands when you respond (or make threads about him!)

Ignore him, if he decides at some later date to stop trolling perhaps then he will have grown up enough to provide effective and knowledgable feedback.

Until that happens ignore him.

Simple as that.

While I agree with you that he should be ignored, history has shown us that it is rarely a successful tactic, especially when he enters every topic.

The simple fact that he is making "inflamatory comments" should be enough to ban him by our own rules and regulations.

Stop f*cking around and pull the plug !

The point is that if he is here to simply make "inflamatory coments" as you have suggested, then by our own rules he should be yanked.

Anyone who has been on this forum for any amount of time knows (because we have been down this road before) that his bait will be taken over and over.

This clown is not a Canadian fan and some of our moderators need to stop acting like they are on the Supreme Court of Canada.

He's in violation of the spirit if not the rules of this forum, and the majority have requested that he be canned.

Guest Jeffery S.

I also have been away, coinciding with seeing results that have made me a bit ill, no strength to post with what is happening.

But I will say that when I came on first in Nov 2000 i was a bit inflamatory as well regarding the CSA (Radz issue), and eventually, mostly, settled down. But still do have my bursts, and have had posts erased even this year, deservedly I guess. I think people come on at first to vent and can, eventually, settle down a bit and actually contribute something positive. This happens when folks realize this is a community and a certain human quality comes into play after getting to "know" the other posters. The problem is that Soccerbeast thinks we are all dumb sheep, when only some of us are. I even agre with him on some things, as my feeling all along is that our odds to qualify for the Hex were low and for Germany very low, in spite of having much improved players. But I tried not to come out so negative as in the end you might as well let the team play and hope the players and coach come through with CSA support. It proves nothing to be negative before or after the fact unless there are clear arguments. I am not happy with Yallop right now and not too pleased with how the CSA is giving into him on some questions (Vancouver as our national base is detrimental to team travel, for example, the CSA should have told him NO, we are here to share the national team with all Canadian fans, but they clearly don't care that much about us as we went four years almost without a men's home match).

So I would not ban this guy, hopefully he'll either ease off a bit and give reasons for his opinions beyond red caps, or just go away to find a forum more to his liking.

I’m far from being a soccerbeast fan but is there any real point in banning him? I mean, even if the moderators decide to prohibit him from posting, he’ll simply create a new ID and start posting messages again. Just ignore him and move on!

Well after reading all the posts on this thread, here`s a recount of all the votes:

Ban Soccerbeast:

-Jonovision

-Timotas

-Marcl_19

-Massive Attack

-Winnipegfury

-LoudMouthSoup

-Redhat

-JayWay

-Better Mirror

-Canadiankick97

-Vancouver Fan

-TheRef

-fza

Do Not Ban Soccerbeast:

-RJB

-BC Supporter

-Christian B

-Current Champ

-Beachsl

-Gordon

-Jeffery S.

-Dj Fee

-Soju

-Argh1

IF ANYONE IS MISSING ON EITHER LIST OR IN THE INCORRECT LIST PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

Soccerbeast is playing the Devils Advoccat .

He really says what he thinks & I think in his own way he is a Canadian fan .

To ban a ( edit ) negative poster for his posts would be wrong .Part of being a fan is 1 part blind support 2 parts critisisim , so he has 3 parts critisisim . At least he cares enough to critisise [:I]

Definitely do NOT ban him. There are other soloutions the moderators have, they can deal on a case-by-case and restrained basis as they have in the past.

The analogy with the Finns last fall falls short, as they were paralyzing the forum. SB has not reached this point yet, and the issue should be, again, how to practically deal with the proliferation problem, not content.

Yeah he's wound me up and I still think he's just having us on, but I don't think you should ban him. I don't really like the idea of forum popularity contests, it's all sounding a little too much like Survivor "You're voted OFF this island" and once you do this to one person...

The results so far show that there`s a problem with one member of this forum and I think someone should do something to solve it.

We don`t want this to become like "Soju" says a popularity contest and vote people out whenever we like but I think we should discuss certain issues for the forum`s well being whenever it is necessary.

It`s always important for a community to be able to talk about problematic issues instead of keeping them silent.

quote:Originally posted by argh1

Soccerbeast is playing the Devils Advoccat .

He really says what he thinks & I think in his own way he is a Canadian fan .

To ban a ( edit ) negative poster for his posts would be wrong .Part of being a fan is 1 part blind support 2 parts critisisim , so he has 3 parts critisisim . At least he cares enough to critisise [:I]

Thanks argh1.....Yes i am a canadian football supporter i have have gone to games in the past and im sure in the future. I believe in

letting people know what i think , it more Canadian football fans did this via the CSA we might not be in the mess the National team program

is in Since the Gold Cup win. I also believe if something is broke

you fix it...not let it stay the same. I Beleive the CSA took the easy road in appointing Frank Yallop without look for a experienced manager from Europe or South America. I have asked a few times without getting a proper responce...What there to be Positive about

our National team? Instead you get a few who would liked me banned

cause I said something negative about a few player,the team in general,

no doubt family members. If the Canadian team players can't take

complaints they should find a new line of work. And i agrees with

the Mexican referee decision to give a penalty, cause it's was the right call, the Canadian player clipped the back of his legs and brought him down in the box.............penalty. Although the same ref blew the call when Canada got a goal shortly afterwards, but life goes on , no excuses , two home games , being outplayed by smaller

third world countries,we've got some players more concerned about

their airplane seats then the matches themselves. If my being critical helps get Canadian soccer better organized then so be it.

But if it stays they same.........?

quote:Originally posted by fza

IF ANYONE IS MISSING ON EITHER LIST OR IN THE INCORRECT LIST PLEASE LET ME KNOW!

So which kind of democracy will we follow? Majority Rule? 2/3 majority to pass? Representational majority (by regions? demographics?) Constitutional Monarchy where we need the Queen's permission?

I hate coming out on this dicks side, but I walked the line when I joined this group. I was threatened with banning a couple of times for jokes that I made which were innocent in expression, but didn't translate. I eased back a bit, once I felt I had a bit of fun and had developed by 'persona'. Now I get along pretty good with everyone, but people still say stuff that pisses me off and I feel free to tell them to get stuffed. Soccerbeast.. GET STUFFED!!!

I have been hard on ******** myself, but an AUTHORITARIAN SOLUTION would make me unhappy. I am extremely disappointed and angry at the soccer situation in this country, and we all deserve our own way to express our frustraton. I even scored a pretty good burn or two off of him.

I HOPE AT SOME POINT HE JUST GETS IT.

If he and I ever met I'd force him to have a Salty Dog with me and after that we'd either get along or I'd join the lynch mob.

PLEASE CHANGE MY VOTE TO ABSTAIN!

Sincerly,

Dave

I don't think soccerbeast should be banned either. I should probably be banned myself for all the stupid remarks I make on this forum. I'll just choose to discount anything soccerbeast says, and I won't respond to anymore of his baiting posts.

While we're on the topic of censorship, is there any way that we can change the words that are starred out on this site. For example, I can't write the word **** (sh.it), yet the word crap is perfectly fine. I can't write the word ***** (pus.sy), yet pussies goes through. Then, if you want to say something about the team S****horpe (Scun.thorpe), there are a bunch of stars in the name. I think the only word that should be censored is the f word. That's it.

Archived